Basil Bonehead

Basil Bonehead's Mod Analysis Facility

Welcome to my facility where I, Basil Bonehead, analyze and show off mods that no one has ever covered before on youtube. Expect more of these to come... whenever I get the time to make videos on them.

Below is a full playlist of all the mods I've made analyses and showcases for.

Mods I made videos on and what format I made them:

Exile007's Genoharadan mod (the video to kick start this whole series) (Analysis)

Newbiemodder's korriban expansion & Trials of Darth Herrco demo (Showcase)

Gsccc's Reign Of The Sith (Analysis)

Jabba's Palace (Analysis)

Quanon's The Temple Mod & Darkkender's Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest (analysis)

MotOR Squad and Master Zionosis' Yavin IV Planet mod (analysis)

InSidious' Tomb of Azgath N'dul mod (analysis)

Thumbnails made for most of my videos were provided by the talented @Sith Holocron

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just gonna put a teaser here: anyone remember this old video from 2007?

Well I found the mod that this came from. 

Thank you @jc2 for that link to that old archive that has a small repository of old kotor mods back in the pcgamemod.com days

• Like 2

I think you may have mistaken me for @JCarter426. But I like the direction these videos are taking, is there any chance you could add commentary/judgement on the mods towards the end?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jc2 said:

I think you may have mistaken me for @JCarter426. But I like the direction these videos are taking, is there any chance you could add commentary/judgement on the mods towards the end?

After the next mod analysis, I plan to up the editing, commentary, and judgement a little more, some are just showcases while other I do put some commentary and judgement in, like the genoharadan mod video

also no, it was you because i found the link from a post you made on this post

• Light Side Points 1

Why do your videos have an extremely sizable black order around the video footage?  Are you not using a widescreen mod?

22 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Why do your videos have an extremely sizable black order around the video footage?  Are you not using a widescreen mod?

Yeah, I’m not using a widescreen mod or anything like that.

Is there a widescreen mod that is heavily preferred?

What I find on here regarding to widescreen is just for the UI, not the actual resolution

Even if you're not using a widescreen mod, what's with the black border though?  (I will leave it to others to recommend their favorite widescreen utility.)

Edit: Let me explain through commentary with pictures to illustrate the point.

1.  The YouTube site uses the widescreen format so using traditional monitor sizing arrangements puts you at a distinct disadvantage. Add to that issue those black borders. And this what you get what more or less.

kft0ca1.png

2. Assuming you have a widescreen monitor, you could be using a few different options of displaying more of what you should be seeing.  You're taking up of the space YouTube has provided you with. It still doesn't remove those borders though.

9jOy6GR.png

3. And this is after you have a widescreen mod and get rid of those unnecessary borders. This is what you should shoot for.

Flf28YH.png

I could adjust the image in vegas to the 16:9 setting (which i should have done from the start even though it would possibly cut off parts of the screen) but i'd rather use a widescreen mod to make this less of a hassle. 

Interesting... the early kotor modding era. NPCs facing the wrong way, most of the NPCs were just reskined and items were changed. If I'm correct that was the first mod that tried to give Carth an ending if you were darkside. 

Would be a neat concept to implement the invasion of Manaan as Darth Revan, the extermination of the Jedi, the defeat of the Republic, and Revan's Sith Empire explored a bit from the eyes of his soldiers. 

I do certainly like the idea of Revan boarding a hammerhead (through the escape pod hatches of course) and wiping out some jedi and Republic troops. I look forward to seeing more of these older mods playthrough. 

• Like 1

Well, uniws (universal widescreen) is what I use for KotOR 1.

I have the CD version, so I use it straight up following the instructions here: http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

Regardless of the version, use the HUD fix listed in the instructions of that link.

For Steam/GoG version, I'd recommend following the instructional video posted by our other resident mod reviewer Xuul found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKMzwKE34E.

I forget what I did with K2. I think it was the steps here: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-knights-old-republic-ii-sith-lords. If none of that works, try Xuul's K2 instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiVC92dJHI

18 minutes ago, jc2 said:

Interesting... the early kotor modding era. NPCs facing the wrong way, most of the NPCs were just reskined and items were changed. If I'm correct that was the first mod that tried to give Carth an ending if you were darkside. 

Would be a neat concept to implement the invasion of Manaan as Darth Revan, the extermination of the Jedi, the defeat of the Republic, and Revan's Sith Empire explored a bit from the eyes of his soldiers. 

I do certainly like the idea of Revan boarding a hammerhead (through the escape pod hatches of course) and wiping out some jedi and Republic troops. I look forward to seeing more of these older mods playthrough. 

Thanks man, currently working on another video of an old mod.

I agree, it could have worked, maybe have bodies lying in the streets of manaan and have some sith soldiers with a group of commoners like they are being held prisoner and you could give the order to execute them or something. maybe have the enemies less spongey and more fun to fight

• Like 1

I have a request for your next video: M4-78 EP version 1.5.  It's only available on this site. I'd really like to actually hear all of the voices that I hired or recruited for that version of the mod.  

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, jc2 said:

Manaan was pretty much the Switzerland of Star Wars except if it where invaded the Selkath would poison the valuable Kolto meaning that Revan couldn't do that. But some of what you've said could be done, Vandar and Dodonna both have Soundsets you know.

15 hours ago, mrmann said:

reuploaded with fixes

and thank you @Sith Holocron for the criticism and advice so I could improve my content.

I really like the quality you've put into this, almost as good as SH"s Ord Mantell video. You don't have to do this but something you could do in the future is show what each NPC drops (As in don't show only generic loot like medpacs and 8 credit drops but show drops NPCs are guaranteed to drop such as Boba Fett's loot as he is guaranteed to drop his loot or a bounty hunter who is guaranteed to drop a powerful Blaster Rifle for example)

This one isn't needed but maybe through Kotor Tool you can check the NPCs utc file and show the audience their exact stats.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2018 at 1:20 AM, HK-47 said:

Well, uniws (universal widescreen) is what I use for KotOR 1.

I have the CD version, so I use it straight up following the instructions here: http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

Regardless of the version, use the HUD fix listed in the instructions of that link.

For Steam/GoG version, I'd recommend following the instructional video posted by our other resident mod reviewer Xuul found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKMzwKE34E.

I forget what I did with K2. I think it was the steps here: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-knights-old-republic-ii-sith-lords. If none of that works, try Xuul's K2 instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiVC92dJHI

For K2, i tried xuul's tutorial and when i changed the resolution in the ini and booted up the game from the patched exe, it just looks like the game went back to 800x600

Haven't made the thumbnail yet (or i'll let sith holocron do his magic instead) as it's late at night at the time of writing this is what I'm gonna do for the next mod analysis video, after this video and one more KOTOR mod analysis video, I'll try to get the kotor 2 situation fixed so I can make some Mod analysis and showcase videos for TSL

as for the mods i'm going to showcase:

one of them is alright

the other one is-- AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGHHHH

swkotor 2018-09-08 02-43-07-31.jpg

swkotor 2018-09-08 02-59-01-51.jpg

1 hour ago, mrmann said:

swkotor 2018-09-08 02-59-01-51.jpg

Fun fact: This was all meant to be a Tatooine temple for the old K1RP from back in the day. Because I think that mod was scrapped Quanon turned his work into this Korriban Temple mod as shown.

• Thanks 1

Expect the next entry in Mod Analysis, specifically the 2nd half to be... angry and ridiculous

EDIT: video editing is done, rendering it now.

Here's a two-for-one special episode of Mod Analysis

EDIT: when I get out of bed, I’m going to delete the video, brighten it, and reupload it because dummy me didn’t think about how dark it would look

EDIT 2: video privated, re rendering it, will get it uploaded later this evening 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrmann said:

[Mod Analysis: Yavin IV]

New entry. enjoy.

Fantastic! Thanks for providing the analysis! It could act as a preview; to decide whether yes or not to install the particular mod in the next playthrough.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1