Blue

[WIP] KotOR JS - A Game Engine For K1 & K2 Written In JavaScript

31 posts in this topic

Great work so far! The engine looks awesome! Many Kudos!

Are there any plans to port KotOR JS to Android or IOS in the forseeable future?

• Like 1

I've got another small update. This time it's on the KotOR Forge Modding Suite.

I took a break from coding over the holidays, so work has been a bit slow on the engine 😇. I had a bit of inspiration over the past couple of days and whipped up a visual lip sync editor. It's still early on, but It will be available for testing in the next release. As always I've thrown in a short video preview below of some of the things it can already do.

Key Features List

• Timeline Editor for easy Keyframe scrubbing and editing
  • Preview heads for visual aid
  • Preview audio that tracks with the timeline
  • Auto loads in audio from the game assets if the lip filename matches

Let me know what you all think, and if something like this would be useful. 😃

I'm also thinking it should also be able to add .PHN support since someone seems to have uploaded a version to the site. I just can't get it to install properly on my windows 10 machine. Looks like i'm getting the same error as another person in the support thread for it. 😞

Edit: I was able to get CSLU Toolkit working after some help from @Ashton Scorpius. After referencing the conversion table in LipSyncEditor I was able to get PHN imports working yay!

Oh and a little housekeeping....

On 12/14/2018 at 5:14 AM, JediArchivist said:

Great work so far! The engine looks awesome! Many Kudos!

Are there any plans to port KotOR JS to Android or IOS in the forseeable future?

I don't currently have any plans to do that atm. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 5

Damn, this just looks incredible so far. I consider myself lucky that something like this is in the works while I'm still new to KOTOR modding. 

Just one question: Will this engine allow you to reload textures or whatnot in real time? Having to restart the game dozens of times has become the bane of my existence.

Hello!

Kudos for the nice small update there! The CSLU toolkit works only on older, unsupported OS so even if it is possible to run it in VirtualBox many would really welcome having a new lyp synching software that works natively on Windows 10. So a big yes to .phn support!

Cheers!

I really look forward to using some of these tools hopefully during the development of my mod if they are released during the development of my mod.

Your overall work is amazing and have a few really interesting thoughts about things that could be done with this and wonder what your thoughts are on the idea for re-integrating online play and options for the game.

My thoughts were to add a single player not part of the story-line who could join another player in their main story and follow alongside them at any point during the game.

I already have this planned for my mod, but wonder what information you might have come across that could be useful for me in the process of this engines development.

Stunning work once again and I really look forward to seeing more!

Thor110