Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

The male player character's voice in KotOR1 and KotOR2.

For those that wish discuss the voice actress for the Female Player Character, go to this thread instead.

When reading the dialogue in either of the two games, what kind of voice do you hear in your head for a male main character (either the Mysterious Stranger or the Exile) when you read those lines?  Here are some thoughts to consider before replying.

What's the age of the voice? 

What's the accent?  (Specify the country and region.)

Is it a particular actor that you had in mind for voicing the role? (Provide a YouTube sample of his voice, if that's the case.)

Are the voices the same for the main male player character in both games?  (If not, list the information separately for each game's main PC.)

To review the original voice for the male player character in KotOR1, here's a video with all of the lines.

The results may or may not affect a project I may or may not do way down the line - but I make no promises.

I am not opposed to the idea of moving this thread to the Request section if it is thought to be a more appropriate place for it.

17 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

For those that wish discuss the voice actress for the Female Player Character, go to this thread instead.

When reading the dialogue in either of the two games, what kind of voice do you hear in your head for a male main character (either the Mysterious Stranger or the Exile) when you read those lines?  Here are some thoughts to consider before replying.

What's the age of the voice? 

What's the accent?  (Specify the country and region.)

Is it a particular actor that you had in mind for voicing the role? (Provide a YouTube sample of his voice, if that's the case.)

Are the voices the same for the main male player character in both games?  (If not, list the information separately for each game's main PC.)

To review the original voice for the male player character in KotOR1, here's a video with all of the lines.

The results may or may not affect a project I may or may not do way down the line - but I make no promises.

I havent really got any videos of what I mean but ill try my best.

Ive always pictured Revan as having a very strong and powerful voice, like that of a leader. He speaks as though he always knows what hes doing, even if he does not. He inspires his allies and makes his enemies lose faith in the way he talks (sort of like Hux does when he uses their death planet thingy on TFA, just not as sinister) (This could honestly apply to both a male and female version). I think Revans voice has to sound more youthful, like 25-mid 30s) as for the accent, i am not overly sure.

The exile however, he doesnt speak with that same ferocity as revan, his voice isnt very strong or powerful. Hes more careful about what he says and he isnt always overly sure of his actions, even if he believes he is. He's more of a follower than a leader. and the way he talks should reflect this. His voice doesnt have to inspire people because the connections he makes through the force allow him to do that (again, could apply to both itterations). The exiles voice sounds alot older, they have been through alot and their voice should reflect this, maybe 30-40s. Again, im unsure on the accent tbh. I think the accent is less important than the way their voices are portrayed

I hope this helps :)  I may look for some videos today if I have the time :) 

• Like 1

Instead of videos, search Fiverr.com for voice actors. I wI'll likely be utilizing that site for a male PC. I will use different male voice actors for each game. You may list a potential male voice actor in this thread.

PS: Just quote the relevant portions instead of the entire post in the future, please?  Thanks! 

If you've played the game using a male KotOR1 PC and have also consulted this Word document, you'll realize that only one of each line usually plays in the game.  (Not counting combat reaction sounds, of course.)  If you care to help out the cause, you could do the following: print out the linked document and the next time you play KotOR1, make a check next to a line of that document when you hear the female player character say it in the game.  Let's figure out which ones never play and which ones do.    When you've finished your complete play-through with this process, post which lines never played in this thread. 

That'll help me out if I need to decide which lines need to be recorded and which ones don't.  

Once that's done, I may have some ideas about alternate versions of the lines but first things first.  (No side quests until we finish the main quest. ;) )

47 minutes ago, Haveayap said:

I havent played a whole game for 2 years 😂

That's more of a suggestion to all of the thread's readers.  Some may be more interested in finding out which lines play in the game than doing casting for a new voice over artist.

I like the idea of this mod.  As for my thoughts Revan was away during the Mandalorian wars for 5 years?  Then he returned and fought the Republic for another 5 years.  Going by that I would assume Revan and Malak were both in their to mid to late twenties during and after the Mandalorian wars, since it is said that a lot of the younger Jedi followed him to war.  So I would assume during the Jedi Civil War he is mid to late thirties.  

The Exile was away for a total 15 years after the Mandalorian wars.  If he was younger than Revan and I do mean he, I refuse to recognize the canonized version.  Anyway if he was younger he was in his early twenties like 20 or 21 when he left to war.  During the events of K2 that was a total of 15 years later, so that puts his age at 35.  I assume Bastila and the Exile are about the same age with Revan being the oldest.

As for accents I assume they have English or American accents.  Sorry I couldn't narrow it down better.