This is getting extremely pathetic, I can't imagine the level of delusion it would take for anyone to genuinely think this would result in anything but looking even worse.

The funniest part of the letter is them saying they've worked on it for "tens of thousands of hours". If they couldn't produce any kind of gameplay in that time frame, then the game would take at least 100 years to complete :P

If they had any actual skill they would use all their attention to kickstart a random sci-fi game right now. Call it "spiritual successor" for additional bucks. It's a safe bet they'd raise something at this point.

I'd actually really like to watch that fail.

Didn't they promote their "other project they were working on" when hit with the C&D.

I mean, I definitely wouldn't support it as it's likely another scam, but it seems there are a LOT of people out there who are willfilly walking into scams, no questions asked. Did you know you NEED a KOTOR1 copy? I'm called so many things for questioning that *obvious* fact.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, Sithspecter said:

The one thing that I really don't appreciate is him trying to categorize it just like a simple mod here. The last thing we need is LucasFilm/Disney poking around here, harmless as we may be.

That's the thing that concerns me the most. We have a great deal of people now re-evaluating whether mods should be allowed and even someone setting a LEGAL precedent that they shouldn't be protected by Fair Use. 

Potentially,

They could very well be dragging modding itself down with them because they couldn't get their own way.

(But I do tend to be a bit of a "doom and gloom" sort of fellow, so I will simply say this development is at the very least, disturbing) 

Meh, I don't see it so gloom myself. Disney clearly understands it's not a mod from the specification as "game" in their C&D (no matter how many people on YouTube cry "Disney didn't even look at this, they catagorised this mod as game" - Yeah, that's cause they actually know what they're talking about).

I would be more worried if Disney didn't get it 100% spot on right.

Did they take down the letter? Does anyone have a screenshot?

I think we all knew that this mod would have gotten shut down eventually. Especially when you broadcast everything on an open channel. Ah well.

Guest Sam Fisher

Do you have no brain cells Aperion?

Time and time again, if you're remaking a game- don't publicise it.

Remake it and release it to the internet, the internet will make sure it never disappears.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:30 AM, VarsityPuppet said:

Could I request a complete Logo Treatment of this?

Planet Battles

Templars of the Ancient Commonwealth II:

The Evil Rulers:

Expanded Story Patch

Hyperion

Better late than never . . . 

wm2XqFJ.png

Update 18FEB2019: Permission granted to make April Fool's Jokes out of this picture for mods that replace the regular logo with this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Guest Sam Fisher

Was this in-part cancelled because of future prospects?

What's the likelihood EA's even making a SW RPG at all?

Half of their tenure with the license is done and they haven't released a single good game in all that time.

What a waste.

An interesting update and an unexpected one.

So . . . once upon a time, there was another project called KOTORR.  They claimed they were going to "remaster" KOTOR.  Among the things they claimed they were going to add were new planets,  multiplayer and co-op.  Yes, they actually said this.

Like so many of these large scale projects, they never wound up succeeding in these goals or releasing anything of note.  The last thing they ever posted was this explanation video on why they missed their own deadline.

About a year ago, I decided to post a comment on the video.  I remembered this thing from back in the day and was wondering if I could get some sort of comment. Here's my post.

FGVO351.png

I never thought I'd get a response but lo and behold, I got one tonight.

0Pg0JaG.png

So that's what happened to KOTORR.  Some of them didn't learn their lesson about IPs and decided to double down.

But a cease and desist from Microsoft?

l86p9jE.png

If they reply, I could let you all know.  Unless it is the general consensus that I should let this one go.

PS: The contact information is not at the end of the video.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

MS could send their lawyer hit squad in for a number of reasons. If they were using Xbox logos or other related MS trademarked/copyrighted stuff, for example.

True but I don't recall seeing any logos used on the site nor in any of the videos. 

Perhaps I will get a reply in a year or two. LOL

The KOTOR and TSL trademarks are both still held by Lucasfilm. Star Wars and all the characters etc. therein would fall under other trademarks and copyrights held by LF. Presumably the only rights MS would have specifically related to KOTOR would be the original console distribution deal, and that hardly seems like a basis for a C&D against some vapourware remake project.