1 hour ago, Hikifroggy said:

seems like republic commando remastered Disappeared

i'm curious Could EA or Lucasfilm C&D Any of the projects on here like TSLRCM Mod? 

Possibly, but for them, to C&D the TSLRCM mod would be shooting themselves in the foot and calling it progress. TSLRCM is pretty much 99.5% used by players and is the must-have if you want to play this game, without it, who'd want to pay to play an incomplete game? Considering they went as far as to update K2 back in 2015 and add the Workshop with TSLRCM it's highly unlikely TSLRCM would get the C&D.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:18 PM, N-DReW25 said:

Possibly, but for them, to C&D the TSLRCM mod would be shooting themselves in the foot and calling it progress. TSLRCM is pretty much 99.5% used by players and is the must-have if you want to play this game, without it, who'd want to pay to play an incomplete game? Considering they went as far as to update K2 back in 2015 and add the Workshop with TSLRCM it's highly unlikely TSLRCM would get the C&D.

Not only that, but TSLRCM modifies what's already in the game within the game's engine using all assets, and is therefore by definition a MOD. Apeiron was using a different engine requiring fully new assets (minus VO). Even though it required the original version of the game, a new engine, by definition, constitutes a full remake and is therefore not a MOD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hikifroggy said:

seems like republic commando remastered Disappeared

i'm curious Could EA or Lucasfilm C&D Any of the projects on here like TSLRCM Mod? 

if they break ToC, than maybe. Mods operate within a grey area at the best of times.

Its just in Apeirons case, it crossed that grey area it was trying to proclaim it was apart off. Plus Apeiron drew far too much attention to itself.

• Like 1

That's true/ Apeiron was drawing more attention to it self especially this year

Makes me wonder though if EA decided to make re-imagining of the first game would kotor mods be in jeopardy?  To remove competition from there game? But I guess that would do more harm then good and piss sh#t ton of people off if they wanted people to play there new game. lol

After seeing them make a post saying "oh well we actually have this other game we've secretly been developing this whole time stay tuned for that teehee" it's looking like this was basically just a big marketing ploy to garner attention that they had no serious intention of releasing so I can't say I feel as bad for them as I did.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

"Apron". Gave me a chuckle.

Well, it seems POEM covered up their true intentions of actually making a different game so . . . it's strangely apt!

• Dark Side Points 1

For 15 years Lucas Arts was content to turn a blind eye to modding and even tacitly endorsed it as far as giving the go ahead for Aspyr to add in Steam Workshop support for the TSL remaster. It was incredibly reckless and short-sighted to draw the attention of their legal arm by advertising that they were trying to port the entire game. Anyone with any amount of common sense knew how this was going to go down and this drew exactly the wrong type of attention to the modding scene. 

The sheer amount of hurr-durr "Screw you Disney!" in the YouTube comments is cringeworthy, when the whole thing was a dumb idea from go.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 2:08 AM, Hikifroggy said:

Yes, that's their plan. That's why they allowed Aspyr to add Steam Workshop support for mods.

• Like 3

Too much idiocy in that comment section.

(EDIT: Sid's since I see this page got another different vid)

And you're all very well aware I just loooooooooooooooove Disney Star Wars, right?

On 10/14/2018 at 7:20 AM, Haveayap said:

if they break ToC, than maybe. Mods operate within a grey area at the best of times.

Its just in Apeirons case, it crossed that grey area it was trying to proclaim it was apart off. Plus Apeiron drew far too much attention to itself. 

Good thing we stay low-key then 😜

1 hour ago, Ragnarök said:

For 15 years Lucas Arts was content to turn a blind eye to modding and even tacitly endorsed it as far as giving the go ahead for Aspyr to add in Steam Workshop support for the TSL remaster. It was incredibly reckless and short-sighted to draw the attention of their legal arm by advertising that they were trying to port the entire game. Anyone with any amount of common sense knew how this was going to go down and this drew exactly the wrong type of attention to the modding scene.  

The sheer amount of hurr-durr "Screw you Disney!" in the YouTube comments is cringeworthy, when the whole thing was a dumb idea from go.

It gets stupider when they go "Pre-Disney this wouldn't happen"

Memory is a terrible, terrible thing ain't it. Don't even have to go back that far... Battlefront 3's project comes to mind. And it's far from the only one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's more bizarre to me that supporters and detractors alike are calling it a mod.

How is stripping the guts out of something and rearranging it a modification? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sadly it seems most people prefer to stay really really dense like here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0VRepc72E&lc=z23effnwgorsehlfqacdp430v3i3w4nxhbd3a0ncczdw03c010c.1539889266857009&feature=em-comments and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0VRepc72E&lc=z223izqyip2xe3si004t1aokgjarwia1mpafpohe4hs2rk0h00410.1539896910866799&feature=em-comments Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, I don't know what I'm talking about :/

Personally, i was never very exited this project, mostly for two reasons. Visually it didn't really evoke KOTOR so much. I mean, aside from some character models and placebles. And second, it was way too ambitious to ever be realized.  I think that annoyed me most, because of all that talent wasted. Just updating the original games models and textures would have been way more productive and feasible, but no we have to basically make a whole new game from scratch.

Still, its always sad to see passion projects (for any beloved series) die and its so weird that some people are almost happy that it failed. The anger towards Disney and EA i totally get. After so many years, they have almost nothing good to show for themselves. Lots of people's hopes for the franchise are none-existent. Stuff, like this, is just p***ing on the ashes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you read the whole topic?
And yes... I personally would be GLAD if obvious false flags are taken away. It does me no joy to see so many people's expectations toyed with, just to be thrown away like this. You might like it, but I see so much anger, so much dissapointment and can't help but be mad at the people who INTENTIONALLY inflict this on so many people.

I understand the "hope" but it's Star Citizen "hope"... ie. they're toying with you, and NOTHING will ever come from it. It surprised me how much people are blindly following that, but I didn't even notice people were just as zealous here. The amount of people willing to defend 'mod' and 'needs KOTOR1' to their GRAVE because "they said so" is astounding.

• Like 3

This was posted this morning by "Poem Studios"

Where to start... 

Lucasfilm doesn't owe "Poem Studio" a response. This feels like an attempt to get attention and make Lucasfilm look like the bad guy. The only reason there was any confusion about the nature of Apeiron was that the people working on it didn't know what the nature of it was. Some say it was a mod, others said otherwise. And the whole "needing a verified copy of the original game", wasn't it something like 3% of the game files was required to actually verify?

And I love how the person who wrote this is trying to throw others under the bus, it reads like a letter from Alec Peters (If you followed the whole Axanar/CBS & Paramount drama, you'll recognize the name).

As for burning bridges, "Poem"has no bridges to burn with Lucasfilm, they aren't going reply to this, reevaluate the mod, or even listen to any of the suggestions. They were trying to make something, using their IP, and, were most likely planning to try and crowdsource something with it, and that is why they came down on them And instead of accepting that fact and going "Well, we tried", "Poem" is trying to get the few people that actually believed Aperion was going to happen, and the "I hate Disney/I hate EA/I hate SWTOR" crowd to support them. I suppose pandering to those people may help you, but, I doubt it would because if this project actually happened, EA would come in and take over, and then the I hate EA/I hate SWTOR" crowd would turn on Poem faster than they could know.

• Like 3
  • Light Side Points 1

I'm starting to have no respect to those guys at Poem looking by this letter; especially when they start comparing their project with others. Like, where's your pride dude? and to them, everything went downfall from here the way I see it. Good thing that Lucasfilm did not responded, and they should not. It's their right to do so.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 3

For fucks sake...  what's even worse than that letter is the people on Twitter there responding on it.

Sure glad we need to "purchuase" a copy of KOTOR1 for it, since they "use assets" (read: steal VO, I presume). More blantant lies. Then they double-down on being a mod. Does this group have any idea what they are doing?

Oh wow, the same stupid argument about Star Wars Theory YouTubers make. Since remaking a game that's sold on the market and making a fanmovie is TOTALLY the same thing.

Did they HONESTLY refer to themselves as "talented". Daaaamn, gurl. Don't use all that ego at once.
"I propose licensing to indies" - EA BITCH. FFS, do they not even have the basic understanding of the rights to Star Wars games at this moment. EA's 10-year possession is common knowledge after all. Also, the absolute  gut of these people to boss around Lucasfilm and Disney. Hey, I want Kathleen Kennedy gone as much as the next guy, but I seriously doubt I'll ever adress them as "Hey, LucasFilm. Here's my own specific demands for you to follow to the letter."

To conclude: "Hey, I'm sorry we tried to swindle you. You found out, you took us down... so, can we go on, now?"

• Like 3

If they were smart, they wouldn't have pursued a massive social and fan following until they had completed this and released it to the public. Once it's out there, it's out there, and there's nothing that LucasFilm or Disney can do about that. But they did their best to shine a light on the very thing they didn't want exposed.

I initially was not excited about the direction this was taking, but over time I begrudgingly began to respect their efforts. There were parts of the game that were looking quite good, especially the swoop racing. However, the better it got, the worse the chance that Disney was going to shut it down, and they did.

It was thinly veiled as a "mod", when almost anyone can recognize that it's a brand new game.

The one thing that I really don't appreciate is him trying to categorize it just like a simple mod here. The last thing we need is LucasFilm/Disney poking around here, harmless as we may be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But then who would stroke their ego? Who could they laugh at when their HOT GIRLFRIENDS got Sexy Sex with them? Remember that? I 'member. And people even still believed in TSLRP after that, somehow. Some people are just asses, withholding stuff just cause they are too loaded of themselves. Yes, I'm still mad at you Dashus for willingly misleading people for years, hoarding all the work and rather have it burn down with you rather than release it and have to have your ego take a hit when others  finish it instead.

Pretty sure the swoop racing was pretty much stock-stuff. It didn't even feature any swoop-racing elements like shifting, speedpads. That wasn't swoop racing.

" It was a thinly veiled as a "mod", when almost anyone can recognize that it's a brand new game.  "
I see you haven't ventured YouTube comment sections talking about this mod. Apparently, it's a VERY difficult concept to grasp. And when I say very difficult, I mean VERY. DIFFICULT.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They certainly got the attention they wanted, along with the exact attention they didn't want. I think everyone can agree that it was a bad move to try to go viral with this thing. I think it was probably their intention to build up a fan base, but obviously it got the attention of the big dogs too.

Some people are out there to get their ego stroked. Was this the case? Maybe so, but they did come up with quite a few decent looking levels.

I agree, I know the swoop racing was nowhere near a finished state, but it was one of the livelier features that they showcased. It was one of the few things that I legitimately thought was a huge improvement over KotOR.

Anyone with half a brain can see that it's a new game. You can interpret that as you will in regards to YouTube comments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1