15 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

Huh, it seems to be a moot point because the Internet Archive saved it: download Miles.

Oboy.gif.5029cf7671f14d00961f2a122bf46075.gif

Amazing! Many thanks for sharing the tool, JCarter426! Very much appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
Fix the typo.

Lip syncing is extremely important for immersion to me personally.

Not that I have the resources myself, but I'm just throwing my weight in to draw attention to this case of missing tools.

I've been working with the staff at the University of Oregon, the people that own this tool, as well as one of the original authors of the CSLU Toolkit. Super helpful people! We finally came to a solution that allows the CSLU Toolkit to be installed on a computer again - WITHOUT their licensing server being active (even though it's a free program!). Obviously for me, animating KOTOR stuff for the movies, I needed this pretty badly! I've tested it and verified that it works (though not in Windows 8 or 10, it must be Windows 7 or lower).

I'm not sure if I can distribute this new version of the CSLU Toolkit installation, I was given permission to do some from the University of Oregon, but am unsure about the site rules as I didn't author the original software or anything like that ... I only modified installation files and some other files within the program to allow installation and handle all that stuff. Wasn't easy, but I needed it working again!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 4

1 hour ago, Jenko said:

I'm not sure if I can distribute this new version of the CSLU Toolkit installation, I was given permission to do some from the University of Oregon, but am unsure about the site rules as I didn't author the original software

You don't need to be the author, you just need to have permission. If they signed off on it then that should be fine. Did they provide an updated EULA/terms of use to go along with it?

10 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

You don't need to be the author, you just need to have permission. If they signed off on it then that should be fine. Did they provide an updated EULA/terms of use to go along with it?

They did not - the staff at Oregon has abandoned the tool many, many years ago. They had to do quite a bit of digging through old documentation and files on old servers to help me out. I was given permission to distribute to anyone that needs it, however.

• Like 1

Feel free to submit it, referencing who gave you permission to distribute and what the terms of the distribution are in the description of the file.

I'm also working on a visual lip sync editor for my KotOR JS project. I made a post about it here if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

Hello!

Has someone the possibility of creating a lip sync file for me?

I have Windows 10 and at the moment it seems it is impossible for me to do the job myself.

The line to lip sync is: "Alright. Then I suggest we move on."

Thanks a lot!

Lip creation requires the audio. Read the tutorial for it and provide everything needed if you want someone else to generate them.

You could also consider a Win 7 VM, which would allow you to do it yourself.

• Like 1

Alright.

I did create a Windows XP VM using VirtualBox some time ago but in the end it was not a successful experience because  the virtual OS eventually requires activation and even if I do own an original copy, it is no longer possible to activate it.

I attach the audio file here in case anyone may be willing to help me with it.

NM35AABAST06467_.mp3

You can extract the VHD image from the official XP Mode exe which should be permanently activated (volume license presumably). You should be able to install that with VirtualBox or VMWare Player.

Btw, you didn't do what I asked. Lucky for you it was only a single line.

NM35AABAST06467.lip

• Thanks 1

Apologies for not reading through the tutorial first as you recommended and thank you for providing the file and for the suggestion about the WinXP VM activation issue, DP.

When I posted I was unable to sit at the computer and read the tutorial and I thought I'd leave the audio file attached just until I was ready to do it. I have now read JC's tutorial found on one of his blog entries.

Next time I will make sure to provide all the needed files.

Thanks again.

Thanks again, DP.

I would really like to set up the XP VM.

I did follow the link you provided and chose to download the English version. But at that point there are two possible .EXEs to download: WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and WindowsXPMode_N_en-us.exe. Which one should I get?

And since they are .EXEs... Should I just run them from the Windows XP VM once it's created?

Doesn't matter which. N is just the EU version with Media Player stripped out. And no, you don't run the exe. As I said in a previous post, you extract the image from inside. Once you have the VHD, you can use VirtualBox, etc. to create a new VM using it. There's also a KEY file with the VHD that has the volume license key you'll need (it's just a text file).

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jenko said:

I've been working with the staff at the University of Oregon, the people that own this tool, as well as one of the original authors of the CSLU Toolkit. Super helpful people! We finally came to a solution that allows the CSLU Toolkit to be installed on a computer again - WITHOUT their licensing server being active (even though it's a free program!). Obviously for me, animating KOTOR stuff for the movies, I needed this pretty badly! I've tested it and verified that it works (though not in Windows 8 or 10, it must be Windows 7 or lower).

A rather late follow up on this, I went back in to tinker with the application in an effort to remove the Windows 7 or lower limitation.  Had to do some digging to understand the TLC/TK codebase that runs the toolkit, some DLL analysis, a whole bunch of nonsense... After a lot of trial and error, I was able to modify the toolkit to run in Windows 8 or 10 environments. Mostly because I was tired of using a VM for all my work. I've also looked into modifying the TCL/TK scripts to run off a newer version of the coding language, but this seems to be unnecessary and I'd rather not introduce changes to the compiler.

I'll be doing some user testing on the application but I would expect an updated version soon.

• Like 3

Great news there, Jenko!

Thanks for working on a solution for W10 users. I must say, I am generally speaking very disappointed in the OS from Microsoft after Windows XP and W10 is no exception but migrating to Linux would pose another set of challenges.

Cheers!

Hello! Can someone please create lip sync files for me in CSLU Toolkit? Tried every version, but it just refuses to run.

I had already done most of the lip files in LIP Composer, but in some cases this gave unsatisfactory results (because I don't know how to indicate a pause between words in the text) and one time didn't work.

voice clips for cslu.7z