decoy88

K1 Republic Armor?

On 8/12/2018 at 9:14 PM, Kexikus said:

So unless we get the sourcecode for the game, there's no chance of us ever adding columns to 2da files.

Some 2das can be added columns to and game recognizes them no problem. It’s just that not all (or even most) of them can be treated that way.

4 hours ago, LiliArch said:

Some 2das can be added columns to and game recognizes them no problem.

Any reference for what columns are they, Lili?

Yes, please, do tell. I tried it with something a lot simpler than appearance.2da once and had no luck, though I forget exactly what I was doing. I think I tried adding a new faction maybe. It's an issue with a lot of key areas - body models, lightsaber types, Jedi classes... I'd be interested to hear of any new columns at all that would work anywhere. It might reveal some hidden insight.

I'm just guessing here but I'd think that this can only work for 2das where all columns are basically the same, i.e. each column stands for one variation of the same thing. Then the game wouldn't have to know what each colum stands for specifically.

I remember successfully creating new factions and custom (non-jedi) classes with custom feat gains, so the files included in those do work. In K1, at least.

What Kexikus said, pretty much.

Hmm, I'll have to take a look sometime. I thought I had tried factions but as I said I don't remember, and who knows whether I knew what I was doing back then. I can see why feat gain might work, but I've never tried it. It would certainly be essential to creating new classes and worth looking into.

The problem remains, though - at best new columns work on a case by case basis, so long as the 2DAs happen to be set up to allow it already, which appearance is not, apparently.

Yeah, in most cases it doesn’t work. My point was, you can’t say it never works, just that in most cases it doesn’t work.

As far as factions are concerned, you need to create both a row and a column for the faction. It’s practically a matrix. And then you need utc using that faction, of course. Classes, if I recall correctly, set the required feat table column names (I’m pretty sure it worked there...) and skill/feat progress tables (I think you can actually create new files for that and it works, although I might have used a pre-existing skill gain table) in the main class definition 2da.

Alright, I have somehow ommitted that one. I have no idea how to do this then apart from making entries for every single head and using JC's mechanism for assigning a proper disguise.