Salk

[KotOR] Jedi Starting Feats

Hello!

I believe that Jedi should be able to wear armor from the very beginning (light for Consular, light and medium for Sentinel while the Guardian should be allowed to wear any - this would sort of mirror the three non Jedi classes). 

In order to make it happen, I believe I need to make some changes to the feat.2da file. Namely, raws 4, 5 and 6 and columns jcn_granted jgd_granted and jsn_granted swapping -1 with 1. Preliminary tests seem to indicate that is the right thing to do but I have 2 questions:

1) There are columns called jcn_list, jgd_list and jsn_list with value ranging from 0, 1, 3 and 4. What do they stand for?

2) The changes made wouldn't apply to the joinable NPCs: Bastila, Juhani and Jolee. What files should be changed in order to remedy that? Is it enough I add those starting feats to p_bastila.utc, p_juhani.utc and p_jolee.utc or...?

Thanks!  

2 hours ago, Salk said:

2) The changes made wouldn't apply to the joinable NPCs: Bastila, Juhani and Jolee. What files should be changed in order to remedy that? Is it enough I add those starting feats to p_bastila.utc, p_juhani.utc and p_jolee.utc or...?

I was about to say this mod was a great idea until you stated here you don't intend to do the one thing that made it "great". TSL already has this but implementing it for K1 is somewhat pointless because if I play Soldier then this mod would be pointless, if I play a Scout but play a Consular (Something I myself actually do) then again this mod becomes useless for me. This mod without the party feature would be useless to half of the downloaders. 

Having your Jedi companions be able to wear armour is a good thing, especially with the No Force Restrictions mod, because if I did want a Mandalorian Juhani I won't need to waste feats on armour feats I'd already have them, keep in mind some Mask items require armour feats like the Sith Mask which is solely intended to be used by Jedi characters and since my PC doesn't have Heavy Armor feat and my Jedi don't have any armor feats it becomes a pointless item. This'd also be very useful for TSL as those Jal Shay Armors require a Light Armour feat something Visas and Kreia don't have. A mod also exists for Kreia to wear and actually show armour models without her hand. If you made this mod that gave Kreia the armour feat and used it with the Kreia Armor mod (By DarthParametric) i'd definitely use DPs mod more often.

2 hours ago, Salk said:

1) There are columns called jcn_list, jgd_list and jsn_list with value ranging from 0, 1, 3 and 4. What do they stand for?

4 I think means it disables the feat for appearing for that class for example Power Blast would be a 4 for Expert Droids as T3 can't use Power Blast. 3 means available like toughness and 1 means something that class specifically gets like Sneak Attack for scoundrels etc. Someone may want to confirm this for me though.

N-DReW-25,

you misunderstood. I do want the NPCs to follow this rule and in fact I have modified files accordingly. I tested it with Bastila and now she joins the party in Taris and is able to wear both Light and Medium Armor.

But I would like to know if it is enough to add the Feats to those three files I mentioned above of if I should do it for the 00x versions of them as well (Bastila alone has 6, if I am not mistaken).

So of course we think exactly the same! :)

On 8/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, N-DReW25 said:

4 I think means it disables the feat for appearing for that class for example Power Blast would be a 4 for Expert Droids as T3 can't use Power Blast. 3 means available like toughness and 1 means something that class specifically gets like Sneak Attack for scoundrels etc. Someone may want to confirm this for me though.

I am trying to figure out what the difference between the 0 and 1 values is... 

4 might indicate a class forbidden feat and 3 a class granted feat...

For clarification; 0 and 1 are identical. 2 is supposed to represent bonus feats, but they don't exist in the game, you can always select all the feats available to your class. 0 is a regular feat, and 1 is a regular or bonus feat, but as bonus feats don't exist, there not functionally different. 3 is feats that are automatically granted by your class, and are not selectable at level up. 4 isn't available to the class, and isn't able to be selected while leveling up. So a Soldier/Guardian cannot select any specialization feat except lightsaber, although they do keep any specialization feats they took while leveling as a Soldier.

• Like 2