VarsityPuppet

TOOL:2DA Editor Alpha

2DA Editor Alpha

Just a little 2DA Editor I've been working on for a few months. Has a few neat features that the Kotor Tool one doesn't have like:

- copying/pasting cells

- search/filter

- backup format in case of catastrophic file write failure

Credit to @JCarter426 for an awesome logo 👍

• Thanks 1

Greetings, Tool's Author! :cheers:

Congrats for the updates! The change-log looks promising, though I found an error even before the program started -

VP_2DAEditor_UE.PNG.6c7f1b785cddd2dd7e4410f978bbf8d7.PNG

• Am I missing something with the requirement?

Many thanks for considering this report, and looking forwards to a positive feedback.

Edit: with the updated version which is v0.1.1.2, it works like a charm now. Thanks!

Edit2: apparently its New Row (Ctrl+N) feature brokes, @VarsityPuppet - and many times it failed on save attempt. Needless to say the [updated] program lose its functionality right now, and I have to rollback to its predecessor [v0.1.0]. Looking forwards to a stable-updated-version!

Edit3: the problems seem to be resolved with the most-recent update. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
The program seem to working properly with recent update.

2 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

New version is up!

It works like a charm with the most recent version! I like what you did with the row number's column layout; it provides better control with the worksheet now. Most -if not all- function seem to be working properly. Though if may I have suggestions; there's a soothing feeling working with color transition between rows like its predecessor [white-grey transition]. And if not too much request I hope that you can work on the Exit (Ctrl+Q) hotkey to have it functioning. Many thanks for considering the feedback, and the update are very much appreciated! :cheers:

I can definitely do both of those things - I forgot about ctrl+Q, but yeah that is actually supposed to work lol.

It looks like there is one other bug that’s popping up - I can fix all of these things tomorrow

• Like 1

With 0.1.5 underscores are deleted:Bug.thumb.png.2de01369bca8faaa23cd6a1e3b7bafc4.png

for example line 32 should read unique_malak_jedi.

edit: This one is bigger than I thought. All underscores are removed, resulting in any models that contain underscores becoming invisible.

Edited by Hunters Run
More information

Do you have the source for this tool somewhere?

I was looking at the 2da file format, but the spec I found seems to have nothing to do with the actual format kotor uses.

Version 0.1.6 is out

• Fixed loading of some files
  • Removed Doctor Dump crash reporting - logs weren't helpful and was sending screenshots which is really unnecessary.
  • Fixed the missing underscores

Since the release of v.0.1.6 this program has become my main tool for editing 2da files. It is simple, fast and effective. 

After using it extensively, I noticed one minor usability issue: the program allows to open several tabs and several copies of the program, also not closed in the previous session tabs are restored at startup. But there doesn't seem to be any way to see where the opened file is located on the hard drive. So, when I'm working with multiple versions of the file at the same time (vanilla, modified by me, version from another mod), it is very easy to get confused.

Therefore, I would like to request an ability to see filepath of the currently opened file in the next update. For example, at the bottom of the window (where the word "Ready" is displayed) or via the context menu of the tab.

Thanks for all your work, @VarsityPuppet!