todevuch

Problems with the mod: "Canderous' Mandalorian Clothes"

Good day (or night), all the world and good!) Many years ago I encountered a modification: Canderous' Mandalorian Clotheshttps://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/374.  I liked it from the very beginning, but I found out one problem with the operation.  The fact is that in-game models of the Mandalorians have changed - they lost their head, most likely because the mod is based on the model of the Mandalorians.  Since then, I have not been interested in fashion until now, because no one could answer the question, why did this happen?  (or maybe I did not ask and missed the moment).  Can I somehow fix it, or can not I?  Much grateful, the mod itself is interesting, but with this problem it is not possible to use it.  Thanks again)

2018-08-01 19.54.56.854.JPG

P_CandBB.mdx

P_CandBB.mdl

Edited by todevuch

2 hours ago, todevuch said:

Good day (or night), all the world and good!)

why did this happen?

Can I somehow fix it, or can not I?

Spoiler

2018-08-01 19.54.56.854.JPG

Good night. :cheers:

Try this fix.

I haven't tested it with any Mandalorians around but with Cand's alone, it seems to be working on my end:

Spoiler

1259517422_CanderousMand-ClothesReport.png.16a5283b8d38e0ba49ea663ea16e5c5b.png

If it really does working, I'll let you know the 'cause of this matter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, todevuch said:

ebmar, Everything works fine, thank you)))))

Spoiler

2018-08-01 22.36.41.262.jpg

Nice! My pleasure; glad to hear the good news. :cheers:

Credits to @bead-v that without the MDLedit, the said fix would not be possible. 😁

So, as the fix seems to be working, we can at least precisely address the 'cause of this matter.

why did this happen?

• It seems [I'm not 100% sure too, I'm quite new with this model fix to tell the truth] the difference between the model tag's with the model name inside the .mdl/.mdx file should be one of the main cause of this matter. As we can see here:
Spoiler

672687011_ModelNameSync.PNG.f09f6efdef12bee5ab5a06f865de6b76.PNG

• And this one could be the 'cause too:
Spoiler

1053220418_MeshTags.PNG.a70b6a175beaf8bd8937a44689a4d434.PNG

There are things that I actually altered also but I am convinced these two are the main 'cause of the particularly "missing head" matters.

Can I somehow fix it, or can not I?

Yes you can. By using the MDLedit you can link a specific model to a specific texture; most useful [to me] with "lost head" 'cause most of the time.

Edited by ebmar
Credits to the author of the said tools added.
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 7:15 PM, ebmar said:

It seems [I'm not 100% sure too, I'm quite new with this model fix to tell the truth] the difference between the model tag's with the model name inside the .mdl/.mdx file should be one of the main cause of this matter.

Actually, I believe you are only partially correct, although I have not tested this particular issue (but I am 99% sure that what I’ve met is connected). I would assume that the issue is not the mismatch between the filename and the internal name itself, but that there is more than one model with the same internal name in the same level at the same time, and engine gets confused. (My guess is that the game loads models by filename, but then the engine uses their internal names. I could be wrong about that, though, it’s simply how it looks to me. I don’t claim to have any secret knowledge about the engine.)

7 hours ago, LiliArch said:

I would assume that the issue is not the mismatch between the filename and the internal name itself, but that there is more than one model with the same internal name in the same level at the same time, and engine gets confused.

Yes, that's right, and the order in which the models are loaded would matter as well. As far as I can tell, the game saves rendered models to memory so it can read any new instances of the model from memory rather than starting over every time as an efficiency thing. And it saves them based on the model name rather than the file name, which normally shouldn't make a difference because all the original game models have them named the same. And with the functionality of the current tools, there's no reason to have them different, so in general you should rename the model base to match the file name.

Hello everyone!) We have discovered a new problem with this modification, which requires a solution.  The problem is in the model.  I am grateful to ebmar for solving the problem with the missing heads of the Mandalorians.  Nevertheless, we noticed a problem.  Its essence is that the model around the neck (the lower part of the helmet (which is removed)) has a cut, with which the model looks ugly.  It is in the model.
 Please, the masters, help me with fixing this problem.  Thanks in advance!)

2018-08-14 15.54.03.986.jpg

2018-08-14 15.54.23.262.jpg

Either the vertices aren't aligned, in which case you should toggle snap to vertices and move them into position, or they are aligned but don't have the same skin weight data so they're moving differently, in which case you should edit them in the weight table to make sure that all vertices that intersect have the same values.It looks like the neckline of the torso mesh is set to 100% torsoUpr_g:

1GdUyx3.png

So I'd expect the issue is that the neck is a separate mesh and the lower vertices on it would have to be set to the same.

• Light Side Points 1

2 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

Either the vertices aren't aligned, in which case you should toggle snap to vertices and move them into position, or they are aligned but don't have the same skin weight data so they're moving differently, in which case you should edit them in the weight table to make sure that all vertices that intersect have the same values.It looks like the neckline of the torso mesh is set to 100% torsoUpr_g:

So I'd expect the issue is that the neck is a separate mesh and the lower vertices on it would have to be set to the same.

If you have time, try to fix it please, I tried to fix it in KOTORmax, it did not work out for me.  Thank you.