Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR] Oddities with "Dwindling Supplies" Quest

Hello!

When the Player leaves Dantooine the first time and travels to any other destination, Zaalbar will approach to mention the food supplies being dwindling. The dialogue ebo_zal should start the Quest and I get the "Journal Entry Added" when the dialogue finishes. But when I check on the Active Quests, the entry is not there, for some reason which escapes me but that has possibly to do with the oddity of the script k_pebo_zalmove which removes the entry itself (!) via 

RemoveJournalQuestEntry("ebo_supplies");

The entry should be:

Zaalbar is concerned about the emergency food stores in the Ebon Hawk's cargo hold. The Wookiee's natural fixation on food might be causing him to worry unjustly, but you should still check it out just to be safe.

Once the Player investigates the Food Supply crate, the Quest starts properly with another entry:

Something, or possibly someone, has been into the food supplies. You might want to conduct a search of the ship to try to find the culprit.

Can someone confirm that this is not just a local problem with my game?

Thanks!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Salk said:

Can someone confirm that this is not just a local problem with my game?

I have experienced the same problem! I second the scratching heads on this one. 😁

I am trying to remedy this but to do it right, I would need to know if there is some variable I can check against the destruction of Dantooine. 

Anybody that has it at hand?

Thanks!

DAN_PLANET_PLOT perhaps? Or maybe LEV_ESCAPE after leaving the Leviathan?

There should be something in the galaxy map script that checks whether or not you can still travel to Dantooine, so that should be what you are looking for.

Edit: Looks like that script references K_CAPTURED_LEV.

10 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

DAN_PLANET_PLOT perhaps? Or maybe LEV_ESCAPE after leaving the Leviathan?

There should be something in the galaxy map script that checks whether or not you can still travel to Dantooine, so that should be what you are looking for.

Neither of those is a Boolean so it'd be not so easy to track down what value I should be using, unfortunately.

Looking at k_inc_ebonhawk it seems like K_CAPTURED_LEV is set to 10 when escaped. I suppose I could use that?

On 8/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, Salk said:

Well, this is tentatively fixed.

I found out the game uses K_Star_Map >= 40 to keep track of post Dantooine destruction. 

Do you still have the fix for this?

Yes but it is not the most trivial fix (I have made changes to global.jrl and to the dialog.tlk file) and it's part of my own (huge) modification.

I'd have to go release it separately via TSL Patcher and I honestly cannot put time into it.

• Light Side Points 1