Sign in to follow this  
todevuch

Disadvantages of Mandalore's armor (in-game without a helmet)

Good afternoon.  I noticed such a flaw in the in-game model of Mandalore's armor without a helmet, which we could see in the carved scene with the T3-M4.  In some places, as we can see on the screen, the armor shines through.  The Mandalore model with a helmet lacks these drawbacks, since there are oxygen hoses stretching from the armor to the helmet, however, nevertheless the clearance in the left hand is a clear flaw in the developers, which is explained simply - on the hologram armor (front view) in Mandalore (at the time  scenes with t3-m4), these shortcomings are not visible, and therefore why there is something to fix it.
 However, this model can not be fully used with these shortcomings, it looks ugly behind (I use this model, (p_mandalorebd.mdl, p_mandalorebd.mdx), it replaces part of the heavy armor, but noticed a shortage recently), from here I had a question: advise please how  remove these shortcomings, which programs to use?  Much grateful.

2018-07-31 17.40.07.936.jpg

2018-07-31 17.40.53.514.jpg

The back two are holes where the hoses from the helmet would connect, so that's expected. They would need to be manually fixed. The hole in the arm is odd though. If the back needs to be fixed anyway, I'd probably just switch to the full body model as a basis and lop off the head.

Edit: Looking at the vanilla P_MandaloreBD, I don't see any missing or flipped polys in the arm (there were some duplicate polys on the back though). Try this version with plugged holes in the back

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/tsl/[TSL]_P_MandaloreBD_Hole_Plugged.7z

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2018 at 8:28 AM, DarthParametric said:

The back two are holes where the hoses from the helmet would connect, so that's expected. They would need to be manually fixed. The hole in the arm is odd though. If the back needs to be fixed anyway, I'd probably just switch to the full body model as a basis and lop off the head.

The holes are corrected, thank you, but why that hole in the arm is not eliminated.

2018-07-31 20.14.22.758.jpg

It looks fine in Max. There are no missing/flipped/overlapping polys in that location that I can see:

TSL_P_MandaloreBD_Back_01_TH.jpg

Edit: OK, I have replaced the torso and arms with the P_MandaloreBB versions. Redownload from the link above.

• Thanks 1

DarthParametric, Incredibly, you have succeeded, the model works flawlessly, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are a master of your business, success in your work and in life, thank you very much)))))

2018-07-31 21.29.04.132.jpg

The weighting is definitely different for that torso vert in P_MandaloreBB, but I'm still not seeing how that could cause a whole poly to disappear. I'd expect a gap around the edges, but not a hole. It also looks to me like the missing poly in the pictures above is different to the one with the mismatched skin weights (although that could just be due to the pose deformation).

Yeah, I mean, I do think it's the same poly, having now looked at the model in game for a bit. Changing the weight on vert 307 from 0.6 0.4 to 0.0 1.0 was successful in fixing the issue... I'm surprised that it's not easier to find that triangle, visually, distorted somewhere, as it should be connected at 308 & 309 still.

• Thanks 1