Sith Holocron

[KotOR1] Alterations to the Sith tracker trio(s)

Everyone that's played through KotOR1 should remember these guys - the three Sith Lords that tell you "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you escaped Taris alive..."  I'm not sure how many times in total you encounter these guys but what if - say on the third time you meet a new group of them - you could convince them to stop fighting walk away?  Some possible options . . .

- Be able to mock the character making the "Lord Malak was most displeased" by pointing out every set always say the same thing.  "Did Malak tell you to say these lines, buddy?"  (Might require a new voice actor to get the full effect but I think he have the folks here willing to take this on.)

- That you've already put their friends in the ground so why give up their lives so easily? 

- Goad them into attack immediately

- Other insults / and comical lines.

I'd be in support of that

It's used three times, unless I'm epic failing and forgetting one - Tatooine street ambush, Kashyyyk walkway not-so-ambushy ambush on the path to the village, and the Sith master in the Manaan base after a brief conversation. Maaayyybe one in the Rakatan temple says it? Though I couldn't imagine why at that point in the game

(Tangentially, I could imagine a joke mod in which every dark Jedi's dialogue is replaced with that line. There's just something so campy and cartoony about the way it's delivered that I never get tired of hearing it)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 134340Goat said:

(Tangentially, I could imagine a joke mod in which every dark Jedi's dialogue is replaced with that line. There's just something so campy and cartoony about the way it's delivered that I never get tired of hearing it)

Which is why I hope that whoever does impression for the character - I hope it's spot on. 

The trio also make an appearance in "ORD Mandell" mod.  I mocked their appearance in my video which is what inspired this request in the first place.  (The moment occurs around 15:04, in case you're curious.)

What do you think of this dialogue I wrote?

tat17_darkjedi01.dlg

man27_sithmas.dlg

"displeased3" would be a script that checks a global numeric. So every time you met the Dark Jedi, it would add one to the numeric (starting from 0), and if it was 2, the script would activate and you would get the new dialogue.

I also added a normal charisma check, so if you failed it, they wouldn't take kindly to your mockery and attack you.

• Like 1

I won't be able to look at DLG files for a few days.  Perhaps you'd be kind as to just post the comments that the Protagonist says for starters?

Exile? Wrong game buddy. :) But sure thing. i also just realized I would break the dialogue with the HK47 addition. I'd have to rework that, since you can't have 2 conditionals like in TSL.1008779598_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.2a9934329ce498548a431410039c27f4.png1154787359_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.d6b6f998a115f4ed60c6ca149a2d58f9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think what we need here now are our resident wiseasses to come up with choice lines.  C'mon: Wow us with your comedic acumen!

We were most displeased when another batch of walking corpses got in our way.

Your mother was most displeased when you turned to the dark side.

Is that so? Will he get displeased when we ship your dismembered corpses back to him?

• Haha 1

I was thinking there was one dialogue that wasn't pursued that was suggested.  If so, a dialogue where you convince the Sith - in a serious manner - that you are the true leader of the Sith and they should go away might be a good addition. Anyone wish to take a stab at writing it?  (Of course, your character would have to know ...

Spoiler

that he/she was Revan

... for this option to appear.)

• Like 1

”I’m the true Dark Lord of the Sith, bow down before me”?

Seriously, I’m not sure it’s even possible to make the protagonist sound serious without rewriting half of the PC responses in K1...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiliArch said:

”I’m the true Dark Lord of the Sith, bow down before me”?

Seriously, I’m not sure it’s even possible to make the protagonist sound serious without rewriting half of the PC responses in K1...

We've already have the dialogue we want, just waiting for VO.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though.

Just to update y'all:

I have received the line recordings from @UnusualCharactersbut then I realized, I forgot one line that would refer to a female player.  So the lines are almost all done.  (They sound great.)

The other lines have been split out to separate files.  Once I get that last line, I'll be forwarding them all to @eNoodlesso he can put together the rest of the mod.

Update to the update: Lines finished and forwarded.

• Like 1

I would be grateful if anyone could test this for bugs/oversights/installer issues, as I have some business to take care of for a few hours. After that I'll fix anything you guys report and submit the file :) 

Note: You must have talked to the trio twice before you get the new dialogue on the third time you meet them (they're on Tatooine, Kashyyyk and Manaan). You also must have completed the Leviathan in order to get the sixth dialogue option (the only non-joke one where you convince the trio you are the true lord of the sith). If you've already killed them in some places, I suggest extracting the area's .git into your override, as it will make all the stuff in the module reset. Or you could use a save editor to edit the "displeased" global to 2 and "LEV_MALDREAM" to 1 to get all of the dialogue that way.

sithtriodlg.rar