todevuch

Porting Mandalor armor without a helmet from TSL to K1

Good day.  Tell me please, How to port armor Mandalore model without a helmet: in-game name: p_mandalorebd.mdl and p_mandalorebd.mdx from kotor 2 to kotor?  I really want to make a modification of the replacement part of the original heavy armor.  For kotor 2 did, but for kotor does not work.  Thank you very much in advance.

p_mandalorebd.mdx

p_mandalorebd.mdl

P_MandB.tga

Edited by todevuch

Mandalore has a full-body modeltype, so his head is part of the entire model/texture for his body. You could contact @InSidious to get permission to use his Mandalore unbearded mod (although I don't think he's the original creator, but it's really old so I don't think it's a big deal). Or you could contact someone who made a similar mod on filefront (gamefront) with the same question. They could provide you with your requested separate armor model/texture.

12 hours ago, todevuch said:

Tell me please, How to port armor Mandalore model

You need to decompile the model, then recompile the ASCII against the K1 S_Female02 binary supermodel. It's no different to compiling any other model. It uses the same rig as K1, so there's nothing special required in this case. You'd also need to add/change appearance.2da rows as appropriate.

6 hours ago, eNoodles said:

Mandalore has a full-body modeltype, so his head is part of the entire model/texture for his body.

As @todevuch alluded to, TSL includes a body-only model, P_MandaloreBD.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eNoodles said:

Mandalore has a full-body modeltype, so his head is part of the entire model/texture for his body. You could contact @InSidious to get permission to use his Mandalore unbearded mod (although I don't think he's the original creator, but it's really old so I don't think it's a big deal). Or you could contact someone who made a similar mod on filefront (gamefront) with the same question. They could provide you with your requested separate armor model/texture.

What gave you the impression that I'm not the original creator?

Also, Mandalore absolutely has separate head and body textures. His head texture is P_CandH03, and his armour texture is P_MandB. His models are p_candh03.mdl (head) and p_mandalorebb.mdl (armour).

DarthParametricCan I please, in more detail, step by step, honestly, I am a little confused, what for and why.  I dumped into the Kotor Tool (from kotor 1) s_female02.mdl and s_female02.mdx, downloaded mdledit and mdlops, poke it, but to no avail, it seems easy, but I'm having trouble which of the programs is better to use ?. I'm grateful for the paid  time.

56 minutes ago, InSidious said:

What gave you the impression that I'm not the original creator?

Also, Mandalore absolutely has separate head and body textures. His head texture is P_CandH03, and his armour texture is P_MandB. His models are p_candh03.mdl (head) and p_mandalorebb.mdl (armour).

Sorry, my bad! The description made it sound like you slightly edited some other mod.

And yes, you are correct. I found Party_NPC_Mandalore_No_Helmet.

28 minutes ago, todevuch said:

DarthParametricCan I please, in more detail, step by step, honestly, I am a little confused, what for and why.  I dumped into the Kotor Tool (from kotor 1) s_female02.mdl and s_female02.mdx, downloaded mdledit and mdlops, poke it, but to no avail, it seems easy, but I'm having trouble which of the programs is better to use ?. I'm grateful for the paid  time.

You must have s_female02.mdl/mdx in the same folder as p_mandalorebd.mdlx/mdx. the Use MDLedit, set the mode to Kotor 2. Load p_mandalorebd.mdl. Then save it as ASCII. Set the mode to Kotor 1, then load that ASCII model. Then save it as a binary and it will be ready for K1.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks eNoodles, everything turned out, everything works, successes to you in modding, all thanks) As they say in Russia: "without departing from the ticket office," let me ask, perhaps in the context of another topic, because the solution with your help is found, again thanks:
 1) I noticed a long time ago that Canderous Ordo (in kotor 1) does not react to the change of the heavy armor model (seen in the screenshot), what do you think is caused by this?
 2) I have reviewed everything, but I can not find a solution to why instead of the Mandalorian assault armor (white shade that normally works in kotor 2), when dressing, the whole model of the Mandalorian (blue) is obtained, how to eliminate it?
 Thank you very much!)))

2018-07-29 19.24.50.338.jpg

• Like 1

Glad I could be of help! I will look into your questions when I have a bit more time later. 

Also, just curious, but are you a fellow Russian as well? 

Thank you, thanks again.  Yes, from Russia, and who else from Russia, if not secret?

I'm from Russia  ;)

As for your questions:

1) The model on Canderous seems to be fine in your screenshot; it's the texture that doesn't look right. Perhaps you could elaborate on your question?

2) The Mandalorian assault armor is actually just a problem with the vanilla game. I have found this mod that fixes it, exactly the way you describe

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1174

• Mandalorian Assault Armor now uses its intended appearance, as seen in KotOR 2

Если хочешь, могу объяснить по-русски. Напиши мне в ЛС. Но, если честно, я предпочитаю писать на англ.

19 hours ago, todevuch said:

Thank you, thanks again.  Yes, from Russia, and who else from Russia, if not secret?

I'm Russian too.