Sign in to follow this  
Salk

MOD:[KotOR] Pazaak Fixes&Tweaks

[KotOR] Pazaak Fixes&Tweaks

In an attempt to salvage some material from the now defunct SW:KotOR Upgrade project, I have decided to share this modification with the community.

The basic idea is to allow players that dislike profoundly to reload upon losing Pazaak matches to have a better chance at winning.

In KotOR, the player is unfairly forced to start each round of Pazaak, favoring considerably the AI. While I could not remedy this injustice, I could work around it by redesigning the three Pazaak decks that the AI uses against the player to counterbalance the odds.

Winning is still hard and mostly a luck-based matter. It is made actually more difficult because most opponents now do require the player to win more than they have (as opposed to the original fixed amount of times) in order to unlock special events or dialogue lines about running out of funds. And when they do wage their cards but end up winning, they would play for credits again. Thus the need of nerfing considerably the value of the AI's cards.

In the process, a number of bugs have been corrected and improvements to the dialogues have been made.

More can be read in the included Read Me file.

Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/13/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No