Sign in to follow this  
person07

Help T3 Canderous Hologram Crash

Hey any help or advice is greatly appreciated thanks in advance. I'm currently stuck trying to figure out this crash i have whenever i ask T3 to play the hologram of Mandalore, the screen goes black music stutters for a few seconds then crashes straight to desktop.

I'm running this play through with a lot of different mods mostly cosmetic though, the big ones that i thought might be relevant are:

• TSLRCM, Sort of redundant i guess
  • M4-78
  • Fixed Hologram Models and Admiralty Redux for TSLRCM 1.4
  • TSL Loot & Imersion
  • The Duplisaber Beta

I'm willing to post a larger list of all my mods if that will help, just wondering if anybody has an answer or an idea already for what causes this crash. Currently i'm about start the end of the game and so far everything has worked well together and ive had no crashes until now, other models from Fixed Hologram Models work just fine, i've played with kse and the mandalore unmasked and holo models dont seem to be whats crashing my game. Anyways have no idea whats causing it, again any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Is this on Steam? Using the Workshop?

I'd guess it's a crash caused by the UTC edited by the hologram mod pointing to an appearance.2da row it can't find, or the appearance.2da row not pointing to a model it can find.

The most expedient solution would be to zip up your appearance.2da from the Override folder and 003ebo.mod from the Modules folder and attach them here.

Well candholo.utc is pointing at appearance ID 760, which matches the custom holo Canderous appearance. Do you have DP_Canderous.mdl/mdx in your Override?

Edit: Do you have any Revan mods? N_DarthRevan.mdl/mdx is also used in that scene.

Double checked and both DP_Canderous files are in my override, as for Revan mods i have 90sk's loot and immersion installed right now and i guess the N_DarthRevan.mdl and mdx in my override has got to be from that although i may have revans flowing capes installed over it. Also does loot and immersion replace the Revan robe model with the jedi tunics? I kinda get the feeling it did especially looking at the files e.g. revan_005. The only other Revan mod i have is one tga file called Revan dark lord i think.

The only thing of relevance is N_DarthRevan.mdl/mdx. If you have that model in your Override, try deleting it and seeing if the scene still crashes. Beyond that, I don't have any idea what could be the root cause.

• Thanks 1

Wanted to let you know that worked, i deleted the both of them and the scene played out no more crash. Really glad its resolved and i can get back to playing, thank you again for all the help.

• Like 1

I'd appreciate it if you could determine the specific source of the models. I'll probably need to add a custom Revan hologram model to prevent anyone else having the same issue, but I'm not sure why it is even crashing in the first place.

You'll also presumably want to add the model back to your Override so whatever mod that added it in the first place isn't affected.

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I am having the same issue (minus the blackscreen, it just goes straight to desktop), but no N_DarthRevan.mdl/mdx  in my Override. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the files DarthParametric requested from the OP.

I have the GOG-version and am running quite a few mods, apart from TSLRCM they're almost completely cosmetic. I suspect MovieMandalorians might be the cuprit, since it's introducing new mandalorian models, but here's the complete list:

• TSLRCM 1.8.5 (obviously)
  • [TSL]_Fixed_Hologram_Models_and_Admiralty_Redux_for_TSLRCM_v1.61
  • Better Male Bodies
  • Darth Maul TSL Head
  • Darth Sion and Male Exile Mod
  • Extended Enclave
  • Extended Korriban Arrival
  • Handmaiden 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males for TSLRCM 1.8.4
  • Handmaiden Fit and Athletic
  • Hide Weapons In Animations
  • High Quality Blasters
  • HK-50 and HK-51 Reskin
  • Improved AI
  • JCs_MinorFixes
  • KOTOR 2 Commmunity Patch
  • KOTOR 2_StarterPack
  • Kreia's Fall Cutscene
  • DANTOOINE 2013
  • Dxun 2013
  • Movie Mandalorians
  • Nar Shadaa 2013
  • Onderon OTE
  • Ravager 2013
  • Telos OTE
  • Vibroweapons_Replacement
  • More_Vibrant_Skies
  • Peragus Sith Troops To Sith Assassins
  • Sith Assassins with Lightsabers
  • Quarterstaff Replacement Pack
  • Real Visual Effects
  • TSL_Backdrop_Improvements_1.4
  • TSLGalaxyMapFixPack
  • Parts of TSLRCM Tweak Pack
  • Workbank Crystal Attunement
  • Zhug Attack Fix

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

003ebo.zip

appearance.zip

Both holograms are using appearance rows pointing to my custom models, so there shouldn't be a crash related to third party mod replacing the vanilla models they normally use.

Are DP_HoloRevan.mdl/mdx and DP_Canderous.mdl/mdx in your Override?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Both holograms are using appearance rows pointing to my custom models, so there shouldn't be a crash related to third party mod replacing the vanilla models they normally use.

Are DP_HoloRevan.mdl/mdx and DP_Canderous.mdl/mdx in your Override?

Wow, that was quick. Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort!

All the four files you mentioned are present. However, I just noted something: I cannot find "candholo.utc" anywhere in my installtion folders. There is a "000_t3_cand_0.ncs". Could that somehow be related?

The first thing is to establish whether the crash is caused by my models or something else. Copy the models from the TEST folder in the attached archive to your Override folder, overwriting when prompted. Check if it still crashes. If it loads without crashing, you won't see either Revan or Canderous but that's expected.

Holo_Crash_Test.7z

I tried the test-models and the game still crashes. I've also already tried to dial all graphic options down to the lowest option, but to no avail. :(

That would suggest that the issue is something else then. Not sure what, as there isn't really anything special going on in that scene. You might just have to live without it. It's not critical to the game.

7 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

That would suggest that the issue is something else then. Not sure what, as there isn't really anything special going on in that scene. You might just have to live without it. It's not critical to the game.

I could it be an incompatibility with "Movie Mandalorians"? That mod turns all the Mandalorian NPCs into Clone Wars era Mandalorians and it turns Mandalore into Jango Fett. 

7 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Hmm, alright. Thanks a lot for your effort, anyway. Is that scene somewhere online, perhaps? Simple search wasn't successful, and I'm just so damn curious...

5 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I could it be an incompatibility with "Movie Mandalorians"? That mod turns all the Mandalorian NPCs into Clone Wars era Mandalorians and it turns Mandalore into Jango Fett. 

Yeah, I thought as much but since DarthParametric pretty much ruled it out, I let go of that idea. I might try it anyway. Thanks a lot for the timee and input, in any case.

The UTCs in the MOD are pointing correctly to my custom hologram appearances. But I suppose I didn't reckon with people just dumping crap in the Override.

@KoeJordan You said you didn't see candholo.utc in any of your "installation folders", but can you confirm it is not in your Override folder? The same goes for revanholo.utc

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The UTCs in the MOD are pointing correctly to my custom hologram appearances. But I suppose I didn't reckon with people just dumping crap in the Override.

@KoeJordan You said you didn't see candholo.utc in any of your "installation folders", but can you confirm it is not in your Override folder? The same goes for revanholo.utc

Nope, no candholo.utc or revanholo.utc in my override.

Could other .utc interfer? Of those, there are several. Most of the mods I use came with their own tslpatcher, the others I manage through the good old KOTOR Mod Manager to allow for easy and clean activation/deactivation.

All the .utc in my override come from mods using tslpatcher.

1 minute ago, KoeJordan said:

Could other .utc interfer?

Unless someone changed the scripts to spawn in different UTCs, which seems highly unlikely, no.

4 minutes ago, KoeJordan said:

others I manage through the good old KOTOR Mod Manager

Wouldn't surprise me if that is at fault. What is it doing?

It keeps every mod in its own separate folder, makes copies of the files to put in the override, keeps track of every file associates with a certain mod and does not allow for overwriting of existing files.

So for example, if you isntall a mod through the KMM, then alter one of the files manually or otherwise, you'll get a warning.

The mods I installed throught KMM are are almost exclusively textures (.tga and .txi), so I deemed them rather riskfree. There are three exceptions, however:

• Better Male Bodies, which replaces the original potato-sackish male model with N_CommM.mdl/mdx
  • Vibroweapon Replacement, which introduces new vibroweapon-models
  • The Widescreen UI-Fix which adjusts the UI to 1920x1080

I just found one of the files (P_MandB.tga) is apparently a reworked texture for Mandalore, which however presently is superseded by the texture and model from Movie-Mandalorians installed through tslpatcher.

EDIT: Eliminating N_CommM.mdl/mdx from Better Male Bodies from the override didn't help.

Edited by KoeJordan

9 hours ago, KoeJordan said:

Eliminating N_CommM.mdl/mdx from Better Male Bodies from the override didn't help

Unsurprising, since that has nothing to do with the holograms.

Assuming your crash is specifically related to the holograms themselves, then the usual cause is that the game can't find the model specified for it. As I said previously, the UTCs in the module point to the correct rows in the appearance.2da you supplied, and you said there are no UTCs in the Override, so assuming the models are in the Override and the 2DA hasn't been altered then I can't see any reason for the crash. You're sure you don't have sub-folders in the Override with another appearance.2da or something?

16 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Unsurprising, since that has nothing to do with the holograms.

Assuming your crash is specifically related to the holograms themselves, then the usual cause is that the game can't find the model specified for it. As I said previously, the UTCs in the module point to the correct rows in the appearance.2da you supplied, and you said there are no UTCs in the Override, so assuming the models are in the Override and the 2DA hasn't been altered then I can't see any reason for the crash. You're sure you don't have sub-folders in the Override with another appearance.2da or something?

Nope, there is not a single subfolder in my Override nor is there any other appearance.2da anywhere in the installation folders or override.

I've also tried deactivating each and every mod I use through KMM, same result, same crash.

Edited by KoeJordan