Spectrometer

Sith Assassins in K1

14 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

The issue here, though, is that you get different results depending on what you decide to use as your supermodel. This is where the approach turns into a sledgehammer, but what I would suggest in this case is extracting S_Female02.mdl/mdx from both games and try compiling the assassin models twice, using each one as your source supermodel.

Thank you, I finally understand what you guys were talking about with the supermodels. However, I tried compiling with both the k1 and k2 S_Female02.mdl/mdx, but neither fixed the animations. I also didn't see any mention of S_Female02 when MDLOps was reading/writing. What file should I be selecting in MDLOps for the compilation? Right now I'm using the ascii assassin model.

Hmm, when MDLOps runs it should say it's loading the parent supermodel. If it's not doing that, then that would suggest something is wrong with the ASCII file. First, I'd say you should make sure the ASCII file was decompiled with the most recent version of MDLOps and not an earlier version or KOTOR Tool's. The other thing you could try is MDLEdit, which has more or less the same procedure but uses different compiling methods.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, JCarter426 said:

... For that model, the supermodel should be S_Female02.mdl/mdx. Just extract it and put it in the same location as the other model.

Sorry for going way back because I can't seem to find supermodels using the KotOR Tools, as I could only find the models. Where are them supermodels located may I ask?

Many thanks for considering this! :cheers:

@eNoodles: You seem to be making your life unnecessarily difficult. The TSL Sith Assassin is just a mildly reworked Sith Trooper. It has an identical rig. It's a simple case of just compiling against the K1 supermodel. There is no special technique required.

K1_Ported_TSL_Sith_Assassins_01_TH.jpg          K1_Ported_TSL_Sith_Assassins_02_TH.jpg

As JC suggested, make sure you are not decompiling the binary via KTool. I would advise anyone working with models to extract the entirety of model.bif (also player.bif for K1) to a folder on your HDD. Then you can easily fish out the particular binary models you need and decompile them properly. I would also second the suggestion of using MDLEdit for new users. MDLOps is more or less a black box. You feed it something and it either works or it doesn't - it provides very little in the way of feedback. MDLEdit is a bit more communicative and will typically let you know when you are doing something wrong.

2 hours ago, ebmar said:

I can't seem to find supermodels using the KotOR Tools

They are in models.bif, along with most of the other models. As above, and as I have suggested to you previously I believe, I would recommend you extract the entire BIF instead of using KTool every time.

• Dark Side Points 1

10 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

They are in models.bif, along with most of the other models. As above, and as I have suggested to you previously I believe, I would recommend you extract the entire BIF instead of using KTool every time.

Got it! Many thanks for the info and the recommendation! Yes, I believe you have suggested me previously, but I've lost track of it as things goes and not practicing these things gradually.

Ultimate Dark Side Points is hereby granted for the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith!

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

[images]

Good job on the porting, but you got fooled by Obsidian's poor naming conventions. That model is called Sith Assassin but it's actually the one used for the Ubese bounty hunters. I believe the assassin body models are n_darkjedilowf and n_darkjedilowm and the head is named similarly although I don't know which one it is offhand.

• Like 1

Those are just the reskins/rework of Jolee's robe. Again, they use the same rig and require no special preparation. The only thing to note would be using the female supermodel for the female version.

Edit: Like so:

K1_Ported_TSL_Sith_Assassins_03_TH.jpg          K1_Ported_TSL_Sith_Assassins_04_TH.jpg

The ones that won't work are N_DarkJHiM/N_DarkJHiF, as they are a variant of PMBMM/PFBMM and thus have a skirt requiring the TSL rig and animations.

• Thanks 1

Heys guys, just for clarification, I figured things out. Well, I didn't figure them out in MDLOps, but everything works fine with the supermodel in MDLEdit. Thanks for the help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks eNoodlesDarthParametric, and all the other modders who contributed to the work!! It's very weird that a person on the internet would freely make such a tedious job for others, thanks.

And, now that the technical problems are resolved, if this isn't too difficult,  I would like that the Sith Assassins replace not all three Dark Jedi but the two at the sides or the one leading (just for variety and lore reasons), maybe they could even be in stealth and appear when the leading Dark Jedi stops to talk. This are all just suggestions, it's your mod and you can do what you like most.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spectrometer said:

Thanks eNoodlesDarthParametric, and all the other modders who contributed to the work!! It's very weird that a person on the internet would freely make such a tedious job for others, thanks.

And, now that the technical problems are resolved, if this isn't too difficult,  I would like that the Sith Assassins replace not all three Dark Jedi but the two at the sides or the one leading (just for variety and lore reasons), maybe they could even be in stealth and appear when the leading Dark Jedi stops to talk. This are all just suggestions, it's your mod and you can do what you like most.

Oh, sorry, thanks for reminding me about this. It was more of a learning experience for me, and after the controversy of a recently requested mod I made (which still hasn't been approved here on deadlystream despite my alterations), I've been thinking about other things and almost forgot to release this. Shouldn't take long though, I'll pm you later today.

I decided to add an option for either having the two at the side or the leading Dark Jedi become a Sith Assassin. I might add the stealth thing sometime later. Will upload soon, just need to make some screenshots.

• Like 2