DarthParametric

K1 Endgame Cutscene Improvements

Kotormax exports all verts and UVs, regardless of whether they're "stray". Mdledit cleans this up and ignores the stray ones. It's just that this time the index in the ascii was so high, the numbers turned negative in mdledit so it couldn't fetch the right UV from the array. It tried to fetch the -2888sth-th element in the array, which crashed the program. If your code is written better, this won't happen, which is why it worked in mdlops. Nothing to do with the game, really. But it was a simple fix.

This is looking great DP! I do have one request: When making the Sith Troopers, could you make some of them use their 03 appearance? It won't make any difference in the base game, but if someone were to use my Sith Trooper Texture Restoration it would make them elite (either all the regular would be silver, and them white, or vice-versa).

I'm really excited about this!

So not exactly what I was originally intending, but I have been cleaning up the Light Side ending for inclusion in K1CP. Here's where it is at (note that the skybox is one of @Kexikus 's mods, the robes @JCarter426's and are not part of the changes):

And for anyone needing a reminder, this is the vanilla cutscene:

• Light Side Points 1

Good work DP! The only thing I like better in the vanilla version is the camera angle when Vandar steps forward. Yours is very close up, so it actually confused me on where exactly he's standing (I forgot how the scene plays out). The way it jumps from a right side to the left side right afterwards was also a bit abrupt, I would suggest a broader view from the same side. But other than that it's perfect!

I altered that shot because I moved Dodonna in all subsequent shots, and reframing the Vandar shot was the most expedient solution to hiding that change (since you see where she ends up in the vanilla Vandar shot). I'm not super thrilled with the end result myself, but there's only so much I can do with the available assets.

Here is a shot-by-shot breakdown of the changes.

https://imgur.com/a/bgVV92z

I see... then I wonder if it would work making Dodonna move in the previous shot already, but you've probably considered this as well and found the best solution :) And thank you for the list of changes, didn't catch all of them before! Kudos!

Yeah it might be possible to move her in the previous wide shot perhaps. But while she would be masked better in that angle, the problem is still the same. Namely that there is no sufficient animation to get her from her starting point to where she needs to end up. Hence why I was doing it offscreen.

Edit: This needs some further adjustment, but how does this strike you as a general concept @bead-v?

On 6/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, DarthParametric said:

Edit: This needs some further adjustment, but how does this strike you as a general concept @bead-v?

Considering how weird animations are in kotor sometimes, this is perfect! I'm fine with it as-is :)

One thing i noticed is they say that everyone will receive the medal but only revan does in this clip

Yeah I'm not changing that. It would be weird to have half a dozen medals magically appear out of thin air, and there's no practical way to actually show the others getting medals pinned on. You'll just have to imagine the others got theirs afterwards. Besides, the entire point is that the player is special, so it's only natural the focus is on them.

OK, I think this is done, at least as far as K1CP changes go.

I changed the Dodonna backwards walk back to the vanilla version. I'm not keen on it, but it's less egregious than the hacked moonwalking version to get her in the proper position.

• Like 4

That was amazing! Can't watch that and not have a big smile on my face. You made it looks so cool. I miss Carths toothy grin though hah

Hello, @DarthParametric!

While I was testing the DS ending sequence I was reminded of how much better your WIP you worked on a couple of years ago is. Is there something in particular you need to finalize before a public release? Was there something that didn't satisfy you completely?

I reckon the issue with the FPS drop was taken care of?

Thanks.

Okay so the FPS drop is still a stopping issue.

Could you tell us how much worse the FPS drop of your WIP is when compared to the original? 

No, there are other issues. For example, problems with compiling condensed models were never resolved. The engine simply can't handle multiple on-screen animated entities, which is why Bioware went with the sprites. That's a non-resolvable issue, at least while still using Odyssey.

I see.

I was just watching the video you uploaded and it does look flawless to me hence my curiosity about the state of this WIP. 

Perhaps the "reone" project might open up new possibilities for modding the game in the future.

11 hours ago, Salk said:

I see.

I was just watching the video you uploaded and it does look flawless to me hence my curiosity about the state of this WIP. 

Perhaps the "reone" project might open up new possibilities for modding the game in the future.

I imagine reone will make many amazing things possible. Hopefully including this.

Congrats for finishing up the Dark side ones -- and its awesome release! Looking forwards to have it on my game and see the beauty of it. 🍻