Sign in to follow this  
Sithspecter

MOD:Crossguard Lightsabers

Crossguard Lightsabers

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

Crossguard Lightsabers 2.0
By Sithspecter

Description:

You've probably seen The Force Awakens at this point, and Kylo Ren's unique lightsaber as well. The saber features crossguard blades that serve a defensive purpose as well as venting extra heat. Now, you can play through Knights of the Old Republic wielding crossguard lightsabers as your own! This mod adds crossguard lightsabers complete with animations to Knights of the Old Republic.

Each of the regular crossguard lightsabers is completely upgradeable. You also have the choice to install crossguard lightsabers with the default blade textures OR crossguard lightsabers with an animated jagged blade texture.

Installation:

1. Copy all the files in the Override folder of this .zip into your Knights of the Old Republic Override folder

2. If you would rather have default blade textures, also copy the files from the Default Blades folder of this .zip into your Override folder

3. If you want to go back to animated blade textures, copy the files from the Animated Blades folder of this .zip into your Override folder

Use:

Due to the unique way that Knights of the Old Republic handles lightsabers, to make the lightsabers upgradeable this mod adds an emitter item which can be bonded with any of the default lightsaber color crystals in the game. Once you have an emitter and a lightsaber color crystal, talk to T3-M4 who can bond them together to give you the new crystal bonded to the emitter. Simply install the new bonded crystal in a single-bladed regular lightsaber, and you now have a Crossguard Lightsaber! The bonded crystals can also be installed in double-bladed or short lightsabers, however, they will still be the default double-bladed and short bladed lightsabers. If you want to remove a crystal from an emitter, talk to T3 once more and he will separate the two items.

You can find crossguard lightsaber items in the following locations:

Dantooine: Blue crossguard lightsaber on Nemo's body
Kashyyyk: Jolee now comes equipped with a violet crossguard lightsaber
Korriban: Sith lightsaber located in Naga Sadow's tomb has been changed to a crossguard lightsaber
Tatooine: Emitter in Kraayt Dragon cave
Unknown World: Emitter on The One's body
Yavin Station: Suvam Tam will sell you 2 emitters 

Cheats:

g_i_crossguard - Emitter which can be bonded with any color crystal in the default game
g_w_lghtsbr09 - Blue crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g_w_lghtsbr10 - Red crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g_w_lghtsbr11 - Green crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g_w_lghtsbr12 - Yellow crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g_w_lghtsbr13 - Violet crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g1_w_lghtsbr03 - Heart of the Guardian crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)
g1_w_lghtsbr04 - Mantle of the Force crossguard lightsaber (upgradeable)

INCOMPATIBILITY:

DUE TO THE UNIQUE WAY THAT THIS MOD IS SET UP, IT IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MODS THAT HAVE A UPCRYSTALS.2DA OR MODIFY UPCRYSTALS.2DA. THIS MEANS THAT MOST LIGHTSABER MODS WILL BE INCOMPATIBLE. IF YOU USE THIS MOD WITH OTHER LIGHTSABER MODS AND HAVE PROBLEMS, UNINSTALL BOTH MODS AND CHOOSE ONE TO RE-INSTALL

Bugs:

The lightsaber extension bug has been fixed thanks to newly developed tools! No known bugs exist, please contacte me with bug reports.

Legal:

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Readme.pdf

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/14/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Messaged Sithspecter about something that came up, but I just noticed that they were last online in October. I'll repost here in case anyone else can tell what gives/what do.

I encountered an odd glitch that resulted in a duplicated emitter, in the form of a non-bonded crystal morphing into a bonded one.

The runup: I was on Tatooine and had garnered a Short Lightsaber from the Dark Jedi Trio encountered in Anchorhead. After the first trip into the desert, I decided to return to the Ebon Hawk and go to Yavin Station to sell stuff to Suvam Tan so that I could afford HK-47. After discovering and talking to Sasha, and advancing dialogue with Juhani and Canderous, I went to the workbench to change out the Short Lightsaber's color crystal from red to yellow. At this point, I discovered that the red crystal inside was bonded to a crossguard emitter. I decided I would like to have it still be a crossguard saber, so I took the crystal to T3 and had him unbind it from the emitter. I saved after this point. I then went to the workbench and temporarily swapped a red crystal in (because the only loose crystals I had were red - one that started loose, and one added to the stack after I had T3 unbind it) so I could have T3 bind the yellow one to the emitter. When I went to put the now-bonded yellow crystal in, I discovered the red crystal in the short lightsaber had morphed from plain to bonded. Shortly after this discovery, the game froze and crashed to desktop; whether due to the glitch or due to bad luck I don't know for sure, but it didn't freeze when I started it up again to see if the glitch was consistent.

And it is. I reloaded the save, swapped a red crystal in again, and this time immediately checked the saber again afterwards. Sure enough, the red crystal had morphed from regular to bonded. I reloaded the save again, tried again, same result. I loaded again, swapped a red crystal into one of the other sabers on hand to free up a non-red crystal for testing purposes. The glitch did not occur when swapping in another crystal that did not match the saber's original color. Nor did the red crystal morph from regular to bonded when swapped into a lightsaber other than the short one.

Other mods installed:

emitterdupe1 IMG_20210123_180019.jpg

emitterdupe2 IMG_20210123_180119.jpg

emitterdupe3 IMG_20210123_180130.jpg

emitterdupe4 IMG_20210123_180139.jpg

emitterdupe5 IMG_20210123_180150.jpg

2 hours ago, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

That is the mod which is messing with you here! The reason is in SS's readme down below.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, Sithspecter said:

INCOMPATIBILITY:

DUE TO THE UNIQUE WAY THAT THIS MOD IS SET UP, IT IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MODS THAT HAVE A UPCRYSTALS.2DA OR MODIFY UPCRYSTALS.2DA. THIS MEANS THAT MOST LIGHTSABER MODS WILL BE INCOMPATIBLE. IF YOU USE THIS MOD WITH OTHER LIGHTSABER MODS AND HAVE PROBLEMS, UNINSTALL BOTH MODS AND CHOOSE ONE TO RE-INSTALL

3 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

That is the mod which is messing with you here! The reason is in SS's readme down below.

I don't think that's it. Because Sithspecter specifies that the issue is with other mods "that have an upcrystals.2da or modify upcrystals.2da." 

I just checked the files and install log for that Juhani mod, and it neither has nor modifies upcrystals.2da. The custom sabers it adds (which are an optional part of the mod) are like the Sith Lightsaber you get in the Tomb of Naga Sadow - not only do they not have unique crystals, they can't be modified at all.

Here's the install log for proof:

• Installation started 1/22/2021 2:09:49 PM...
 • Installing unmodified files...
 • Copying file w_dblsbr_063.mdl to the Override folder...
 • Copying file w_dblsbr_064.mdl to the Override folder...
 • Copying file w_dblsbr_063.mdx to the Override folder...
 • Copying file w_dblsbr_064.mdx to the Override folder...
 • Copying file k_hjuh_GiveLugg.ncs to the Override folder...
 • Copying file iw_Dblsbr_063.tga to the Override folder...
 • Copying file iw_Dblsbr_064.tga to the Override folder...
 • Copying file juh_NewSab.tga to the Override folder...
 • Copying file JuhSabDStex3.tga to the Override folder...
 • Copying file juh_NewSab.txi to the Override folder...
 • Copying file JuhSabDStex3.txi to the Override folder...
 • Copying file g_a_clothes62.uti to the Override folder...
 • Copying file g_a_clothes63.uti to the Override folder...
 • Copying file g_w_dblsbr063.uti to the Override folder...
 • Copying file g_w_dblsbr064.uti to the Override folder...
 • Copying file footlker062.utp to the Override folder...
 • Modifying GFF format files...
 • Modifying file "k_hjuh_dialog.dlg" found in Override folder...
 • Modifying GFF file k_hjuh_dialog.dlg...
 • Saving unaltered backup copy of k_hjuh_dialog.dlg file in C:\Users\Media Room\Documents\eddump\KotOR mods\Juhani Catlike Head Mod\8 - Items in Locker\backup\
 • Finished updating GFF file "k_hjuh_dialog.dlg"...
 • Done. All changes have been applied.