DarthParametric

Misc TOR Ports

Most of TOR's Jedi robes are complete ass. The only thing of merit is the armoured robes, and if I ever get around to that it will be a hybrid using the TSL Knight/Master robe outer, with just the chest and legs from TOR. But that's way down the priority list.

New girl added to the team, Rodian female:

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_13_TH.jpg          K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_14_TH.jpg

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_15_TH.jpg

I tried an envmap on the eyes the time around, but the result was kind of meh. Need to experiment with some different cube maps (this one was Darth_Sapiens' CM_SpecMap).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Most of TOR's Jedi robes are complete ass. The only thing of merit is the armoured robes, and if I ever get around to that it will be a hybrid using the TSL Knight/Master robe outer, with just the chest and legs from TOR. But that's way down the priority list.

I don't disagree, most robes from TOR suck something major, but there are a few that look similar to the Kotor ones, and some that could look exactly the same with some texture work.

The ones I attached are similar to the ones in your post, no?

f8g69wr1deuz.jpg

images.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maxwell1453 said:

The ones I attached are similar to the ones in your post, no?

It's basically a cartoony pajama version of the TSL robes IMO.

I don't think the aliens look too much out of placem, maybe it's the textures giving you this impression?

10 minutes ago, Stormie97 said:

It's basically a cartoony pajama version of the TSL robes IMO.

While I don't disagree completely, that's because everything looks cartoony in swtor, which I hate. Ported to Kotor, they can look brilliant, as DarthParametric proved over and over again.

Well, just a suggestion. Not even that really, just my opinion.

Do you plan on releasing the swtor masks and cockpit. They look awesome.

Guest Sam Fisher

Dead man's robes are my favourite by far. 

@DarthParametric, are you planning on releasing the modified Jedi Strike Team and/or Nautolan Bolook publicly? I'm in the middle of doing a complete overhaul of my Override, and I wouldn't mind making those additions if they're available.

So the trophy heads in Davik's estate on Taris. They are pretty dire, and I always mused about replacing them at some point. This is the vanilla room:

K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_Vanilla_01_TH.jpg

The heads themselves are just stuck directly on the wall, with no obvious mounting/backing board like you normally see with hunting trophies. In addition, I never understood why they put the weird arch things in there, blocking the view. It's the only room that does that. So I had a look through what TOR had to offer. I couldn't replicate it 100%, since the vanilla heads are Rancor, Dewback, Wraid, Tuk'ata, Ronto, Kataarn, and Iriaz, but TOR doesn't have the last three species. Here's what I came up with:

K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_TOR_Heads_01_TH.jpg     K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_TOR_Heads_04_TH.jpg

K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_TOR_Heads_02_TH.jpg     K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_TOR_Heads_03_TH.jpg

I got rid of the arches and plugged the gaps in the sides with some new lights, while moving the overhead lights up to the ceiling. The substitute heads are a Reek, a Nexu, and a Tauntaun.

And since I know a lot of people don't like the TOR stuff, I also made a version that replaces the original heads with the ones from the regular vanilla creature models. Still low poly and terrible textures, but slightly less garbage than the originals. But they do at least match the same species types:

K1_Davik_Tropy_Room_K1_Heads_01_TH.jpg

The heads now match their actual creature size in the game (at least the vanilla species). The original versions were scaled down, the Rancor especially being comically small compared to the description Calo gives of bringing it down (big enough that he was able to perch on its shoulders). Although it is now so big (the size of the one you see in the sewers) that it can't actually fit on the back wall, so I had to come up with some struts to mount it out in free air.

The wall lightmaps might need to be cleaned up, and I'm also not really feeling the mounting/backing boards. It just a chamfered cylinder with a procedural wood texture, since I wanted to keep it simple. I'm not sure what I should do about it. A different material/texture? Maybe more of a shield-type shape?

• Like 7

A shield shape might be the way to go. Nice work on this and I like the thought put into the replacement species.

I'd be happy with a mod that just got rid of the stupid archs and increased the size of each head a bit to make it look like a bigger accomplishment. Pretty much what you did in the last screenshot, though I actually like the original rancor head better. It has a unique feel to it, I think.

@DarthParametric:  Great job to get rid of those  arches for a cleaner view. Much needed!

About the wall mount i agree with SH.  A shield shape - anything that roughly resembles the creatures body silhouette would be perfect:

5cef19c0594ea51a7e09da24?width=1100&form

Besides, when scrolling back in this thread i saw those Masks you did previously - they look just stunning as always but could use some texturing. If you like, i'd love to make some textures/animations for them.

So I was browsing the TOR subreddit the other day and there was one of those show-off posts where someone posted pics of their various outfits throughout their character's story progression. The thing that really caught me eye was the sword used in one of them. It was new to me, but apparently it was added to the game two years ago - the Ancient Sith Lord's Warblade. I figured it looked pretty cool and might be worth porting, maybe for use as Ajunta Pall's sword, since that is described as having an ebony blade. I did do an initial port of it, but then I realised that the description also mentions that the blade edges are notched. I had a look through the other weapon models to see if they had something like that. There aren't any swords, but the retractable blade from the Zakuulan Exile's blaster (which I made my own version of, back before ports were allowed) looked like it might work. I took that as a starting point, reshaped it into a sword blade and remapped it to fit the Warblade's texture. Then I swiped a hilt and crossguard from one of the other sword models, lopped a few bits off and changed the texture a bit. And here's the result:

TOR_Ajunta_Pall_Sword_02_TH.jpg

TOR_Ajunta_Pall_Sword_01_TH.jpg

Still need to do some tweaking of the textures, and of course the envmap is a nightmare as always. Also in hindsight I think I should have duplicated the lower half of the blade instead of stretching it, so that the scallops were more numerous and more pronounced, since it looks more wavy that notched. Not sure if I really want to more or less remake the blade from scratch though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

...looked pretty cool and might be worth porting, maybe for use as Ajunta Pall's sword, since that is described as having an ebony blade... And here's the result...

That indeed looks cool! and should be very fitting for Ajunta Pall's blade/sword. Anyway, about --

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

...envmap is a nightmare as always.

Yeah, I think it can't really helped much [though I guess mycube can tackle that -- unless you want to use customs]. But I'm sure by taking advantage of using normal map [best feature one can get on this engine, texture-wise, I guess], the blade would look really great.

It's already using mycube in the above pics. CM_SpecMap seems like it works a bit better with the existing envmap mask. The normal map is mostly pointless because the primary areas where it is needed don't have enough exposure through the envmap mask.

19 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

CM_SpecMap seems like it works a bit better with the existing envmap mask.

Well, matter of personal preferences then, I guess. Because that's the least thing I'll choose regarding metal-based/hard-surface texture, hahah.

19 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

The normal map is mostly pointless because the primary areas where it is needed don't have enough exposure through the envmap mask.

Just my imagination, but perhaps if you apply enough envmask on the dark area of the blade [and using the normal map so it don't look like it's laminated], something good might came out of it.

I want to replace all three of the swords, so I need to figure out some ideas for the others. I have a vague idea for one based on one of the other TOR swords, probably the vibrosword since it's the only one that doesn't describe the specific shape. It is supposed to glow though, which I'm not sure is practical.

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

It's already using mycube in the above pics. CM_SpecMap seems like it works a bit better with the existing envmap mask. 

What i found very useful recently to give  materials like steel, wood etc.  a realistic look by using complex transparency ->  is to take a color filter and colorize texture areas in desired opacity; if combined,  the texture noise gels seamlessly with the transparent areas and you dont notice those sharp edges of the cubemap while crispness & shinyness of the texture remain: 

Opacity map:

TextureColor.thumb.png.ca7b02f2e6ce685f3dd8c48ae6328a6a.png

Original tex:

TextureInitial.thumb.png.9e01db131c0ead1011a2cc822ed21294.png

On 9/8/2018 at 8:43 PM, DarthParametric said:

I think I am in love. This just looks so damn beautiful. 

Makes me hope for sort of a remaster project with these kinds of assets.

It would be easier if we all knew how to port models, everyone could work on a limited number of models and we could all finish it together.  I know it is never going to happen, but a man can hope.

• Like 3

Initial port of the TSL version:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Female_Hea

Guess I'll have to do some TSL portraits as well, bleh.

Edit: So I have fixed an issue in TSL with the prologue where the unconscious player had mangled eyelids with the eyeballs clipping through. Added an interposed supermodel with a tweaked dead3 animation to resolve it. Unfortunately there's a similar thing at the start of K1, but that's a tougher nut to crack because that scene uses stunt animations. While I could add some custom anims for that scene, there's no way I can restrict it to only the Pureblood appearance due to a lack of appropriately granular scripting functions. The best I could do would be to restrict it to non-vanilla female appearance rows, but that would mean it would affect any custom female player heads in that scene. Plus it would require editing that opening DLG, which is far too intrusive for my liking, so I'll probably have to leave it as-is.

Edit 2: Now available. Figured I should get this out by Cyberpunk Eve lest it get pushed back to 2021.

K1 - https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1796-tor-ports-pureblood-sith-female-player-head-for-k1/

TSL - https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1795-tor-ports-pureblood-sith-female-player-head-for-tsl/

K1_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Female_Head

• Like 3

Since TOR released a set of the Star Forge robes not too long back, I figured it might be a useful basis for a hybrid version with the vanilla cape and loincloth (the TOR version is only painted on) married to SS's flowing robes animations. At this point I've done the initial import, scale, and pose, and am now ready for the transfer to the KOTOR rig. Thanks to the Blender I/O script, I was also able to bake out the tinted textures, which is much easier than trying to approximate it manually as I have had to do in the past. Here's where it's at currently:

TOR_Revan_Star_Forge_Robes_Hybrid_01_TH.

I still need to fiddle with a few bits and pieces, and there will no doubt be plenty of tweaking to do once the rig transfer is done and I can test out animations. I also have some folded down hoods taken from other sets that I will try to marry to this torso for a hoodless/maskless version. But that will require a fair bit of massaging to get them to fit, so I'm saving that for later.

Still not sure about the cape. I think having it white as well would be a bit too overpowering, but I'm not entirely sold on the brown. And I haven't done anything for the DS black version as yet. Since there's no TOR version of that colour scheme for this set, I'll have to cobble something together myself.

• Like 12

On 5/22/2021 at 2:15 AM, DarthParametric said:

Since TOR released a set of the Star Forge robes not too long back, I figured it might be a useful basis for a hybrid version with the vanilla cape and loincloth (the TOR version is only painted on) married to SS's flowing robes animations. At this point I've done the initial import, scale, and pose, and am now ready for the transfer to the KOTOR rig. Thanks to the Blender I/O script, I was also able to bake out the tinted textures, which is much easier than trying to approximate it manually as I have had to do in the past. Here's where it's at currently:

TOR_Revan_Star_Forge_Robes_Hybrid_01_TH.

I still need to fiddle with a few bits and pieces, and there will no doubt be plenty of tweaking to do once the rig transfer is done and I can test out animations. I also have some folded down hoods taken from other sets that I will try to marry to this torso for a hoodless/maskless version. But that will require a fair bit of massaging to get them to fit, so I'm saving that for later.

Still not sure about the cape. I think having it white as well would be a bit too overpowering, but I'm not entirely sold on the brown. And I haven't done anything for the DS black version as yet. Since there's no TOR version of that colour scheme for this set, I'll have to cobble something together myself.

Goddang beautiful. Been curious if a Revan remodel would be possible for a while, and the answer is here. Spectacular work, might even do a texture overhaul once it comes out :D