DarthParametric

Misc TOR Ports

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Naturally I couldn't work on upgrading Wookiees without also devoting time to their mortal enemy:

TSL_TOR_Ports_Trandoshan_WIP_01_TH.jpg

The textures are mostly still the base untinted brown colour at the moment.

The Scorekeeper favors you.

• Like 1

Is it possible to port Arcann and Thexan in kotor / TSL in future and make it playable (if possible) in his original outfit?

Arkann and Thexan.png

9 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

It's certainly possible, but I have no plans to port it. This is not a request thread.

DarthParametricPlease advise programs for porting models (and textures) from TOR to kotor / tsl

XeNTaX is the place to go for the tools. Sorry I don't have direct links as I got most of the tools a few years ago. But I can tell you what you're looking for.

EasyMYP is the equivalent of KOTOR Tool. It'll extract files from the MMO's archives. The majority of the game file names, however, are encrypted. You need to add a hash list that's able to it what to name everything, although even the most recent one won't succeed with everything. It is disappointingly incomplete, particularly for the later expansions. But it does cover a lot.

There are two ways to get models into a modeling program. The first is Noesis, a free model format converter that will be able to convert from GR2 to OBJ or whatever you want. It's not perfect - sometimes it'll flip normals and it doesn't import skin weights at all. But it's pretty good for static meshes. You need a plug-in for it to work with the MMO models. The other method is to use the GR2 import scripts for 3ds Max. One imports the skeleton and the other can import meshes to be placed on the skeleton. If you want to port body models, this is a necessity. It doesn't do animations, though; supposedly, nobody has released anything for that yet.

Jedipedia is a good source for hunting down models. It catalogues item model and material ID numbers. You can search for these IDs in an index to find the specific model and texture files. Generally there is an index for each body part. Since I'm not that familiar with the game as some of you out there, I also find TOR Fashion useful in hunting for items. It sorts items by type and similarity and is generally good at matching an official item name to the visual, which one can then look up on Jedipedia to get the ID numbers.

That should be enough to get you started. If you're trying to port a body model, once you have all the parts in your modeling program you'll have to weight it to a set of KOTOR bones. And for that, it's a matter of time, effort, and whether you're fortunate enough to find something that will make the assets both games cooperate.

We're currently working on some resources to make the porting process easier. Right now I'm working on a BFN rig (female player, normal size) that fits the S_Female03 standard. Theoretically, you can import any MMO model that uses that skeleton and my project puts it into the proper pose and corrects the proportions so it can then be given a skin wrap to match a KOTOR model. My intent is to eventually do one for each skeleton (or each one I want to use) and either get them in a releasable for so anyone with the tools and the inclination can port stuff with them, or allow for some sort of batch porting process by which we import every mesh (surprisingly, there aren't a whole lot of them) and form some sort of archive for them. But it's still early days.

• Thanks 2

I'd use NinjaRipper just to avoid the headache of the encrypted files. Go into game, hit a button and it'll put all the meshes/textures loaded into a folder. Then you can use Noesis to convert the .rip file to an .obj (as JC said, this has it's own problems with flipping maps). This won't work so great (as I learned last week with a mobile game) if the game loads the animation before the mesh in which case the mesh will be in the stance rather then the configurable easy A-pose. Which I don't think TOR does...

Edited by Icebuckets

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Yeah the normal map on the face looks pretty crap. I removed it and I think it looks a lot nicer without it:

Spoiler
Spoiler

K1_TOR_Ported_Nautolan_Male_Jedi_Master_

That is an amazing port attempt, DP! Anyways, I have this recent opinion regarding normal-map/bump-mapping, and pardon me before if it's kind of out of the topic; I have an assumption particularly with K1 engine that normal-map would look lot nicer with envmap/bumpyshiny semantics added to the TXI. Because I have just found out that Rakatans also utilizing normal-map in the game, but it doesn't looks much as effective as Selkaths because they don't utilise an envmap/bumpyshiny semantics on their texture. Maybe if you could have an envmap/bumpyshiny uses on the head it would look kind of nicer?

Many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

On 10/11/2018 at 11:12 AM, DarthParametric said:

Yeah the normal map on the face looks pretty crap. I removed it and I think it looks a lot nicer without it:

K1_TOR_Ported_Nautolan_Male_Jedi_Master_

Amazing work 

Maybe is it possible to port an swtor twilek head or maybe swtor revan head? 

Hope one day you will do a kotor model remaster pack where all the pc and npc models will be improved  ❤️

On 11/13/2018 at 11:27 PM, DarthParametric said:

Trying out swapping out the terrible crowd sprites in the Taris arena with some from TOR. Also did some remodelling of the "stands" as well, resizing them and adding some glass barriers.

Spoiler

This is the best thing that is happened in 2018.

• Haha 1

I am late to the show but I have wanted to see things like these done since the day SWTOR was released.

DarthParametric, dude you are awesome! Its like you are remastering the game by (mostly) yourself. I hope you get to work on the companion heads one day. No hurry though :)

• Like 1

Now that Dark Jedi Wear Robes is released, it's time to beef up their adversaries with a companion mod. The ranks of the Jedi are a little thin on variety. In my latest playthrough, their Star Forge boarding party apparently comprised 90% Mullet Men. So I plan to spice that up a bit with some new alien Jedi appearances. The first batch are done - Rodian, Kel Dor, and Nautolan males:

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_01_TH.jpg          K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_02_TH.jpg

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_03_TH.jpg          K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_04_TH.jpg

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_05_TH.jpg          K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_06_TH.jpg

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_07_TH.jpg          K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_08_TH.jpg

K1_Diversified_Alien_Jedi_WIP_09_TH.jpg

Like the Dark Jedi mod, this will make use of the ported TSL Knight robe models from  @JCarter426's Cloaked Jedi Robes mod. I'm not sure what the full roster will look like just yet, but I've previously messed around with both Rodian and Nautolan female heads, so those are on the list. Beyond that I am undecided.

• Like 6

Not as yet. Currently I am just testing them out in-game, and this is a convenient location. But all these ones at least do currently have a specific male line about guarding the ship. I'm not sure if there is a female version available. Ones elsewhere can be given generic gender-appropriate voice sets, but anyone that actually says lines will presumably need to remain the same sex.

Edit: Although I suppose for species like Rodian or Bith it would make sense for them to use alien VO, so that is one way of getting around it. Just as long as it is not another Twi'lek speaking Huttese.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Not as yet. Currently I am just testing them out in-game, and this is a convenient location. But all these ones at least do currently have a specific male line about guarding the ship. I'm not sure if there is a female version available. Ones elsewhere can be given generic gender-appropriate voice sets, but anyone that actually says lines will presumably need to remain the same sex.

Edit: Although I suppose for species like Rodian or Bith it would make sense for them to use alien VO, so that is one way of getting around it. Just as long as it is not another Twi'lek speaking Huttese.

For that cutscene in the Forge Hangar, there are 3 generic males and a female leader (2 Mullet men and a Twilek Jedi all share the same male non-alien generic lines). I reckon if you use the female Nautolan for the female leader and use the male Kel Dor, male Nautolan and the male Rodian for the generic male Jedi that would work nicely.

Those look awesome. Great work! :)

Only thing that ruins it a little for me is the robes. They just don't go all that well with the heads from swtor in my opinion. There are similar robes in swtor though, so maybe one day it wont be an issue anymore.

Anyway, nice work all the same :)