DarthParametric

Misc TOR Ports

Arcann's mask cut in half and mirrored makes for a pretty good full face mask. Or if you prefer to get your temple guard on:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Arcann_Full_01_TH.jp          TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Temple_Guard_01_TH.j

Although there are some clipping issues with hair on certain heads, like Hispanic Mullet Man above. Might have to play with that a bit.

Edit: And to replace the Tulak Hord helmet in K1

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Tulak_Hord_01_TH.jpg

Generally full helmets don't work too well without being scaled up to ridiculous proportions, but this was already pretty giant to begin with, so it shouldn't be too bad for a decent percentage of player heads.

• Like 8

Got some more, although they aren't really supposed to be used with heads with hair (but meh).

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Lobot_A_01_TH.jpg          TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Lobot_B_01_TH.jpg

And if anyone wants to make suggestions for replacements, here's a chart of what the vanilla masks look like:

Mask_Model_Chart_Vanilla_TH.jpg

Edit: And a couple more to round out the evening's work:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Agent_Goggles08_01_T          TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Breath_Mask_A_01_TH.

• Like 6
  • Light Side Points 2

Well, the breathing mask looks like a good replacement to I_Mask_006 (or at least some usages of it, for example Peragus), and Arcann seems like a good base for replacement of mask 010, though the recess on top of it should probably be removed as it looks completely ridiculous.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:58 AM, DarthParametric said:

Trying out a new Republic officer uniform:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Republic_Uniform_01_TH.jp

Although of course that introduces a bunch of new problems with holograms:

I'm also not a fan of the boots. I think I'll swap them out for something more suitable.

I bet you carth's boots from his regular outfit would look good on it.

• Like 1

The mask I always disliked among the original ones was i_mask_004

Not very fond of i_mask_001 and i_mask_002 either.

I second i_mask_006 could be replaced with the respirator but I am not sure it'd be a clear improvement (color wise, yes... design wise, maybe).

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Another breath mask option:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Sith_Warrior_Breathe

There's a lot of fixing required for some of these due to backface culling issues.

I like this one as a replacement for I_Mask_006, more than the fighter pilot type mask with the hoses above.  (Though I do like that mask ...)

• Like 2

There's a lot of items using same model, so I suggest edit some of them to eliminate duplicates. Use the one with red lights for a Breath Mask and the other one for Rebreather Mask.

• Like 1

...I bet that fixing that dumb mask/gogglehook displacement issue would go a long way helping clipping issues. If there's new mask models coming out, I probably should get to it (unless someone else beats me to it).

Also, that officer uniform looks awesome.

Oh, sorry. I’ve been struggling with it so long that I don’t remember everyone hasn’t. The thing is, at least on K1 (I haven’t looked into it in TSL) the placement of headgear hooks is incorrect (it is even inconsistent) causing major clipping (including Vanilla headgear sinking into character’s forehead). Fine-tuning the locations improves that greatly.

The problem is more the inconsistent size/scale of the head meshes. They vary fairly wildly, which is not ideal when making use of static masks/goggles, even if you went to the trouble of manually tweaking the hook position for each one.

Yeah, I’m not saying that adjusting would get rid of the issue completely (Revelation cutscene with ponytailed Revan, anyone?) - just that it might make things a bit more easy. I’m probably going to do it at some point anyway, since it annoys me so much if nothing else. MDLEdit makes it a bit easier than it was before, although it still gets old pretty quickly. But enough about that, I guess. I’ve off-topiced long enough.

...now that I look at it...

On 8/9/2018 at 3:57 PM, DarthParametric said:

There's also this one:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Breath_Mask_B_01_TH.

If you don’t have any kind of tank, what’s the point of the tube (or whatever is the correct word for the piece that goes behind the neck)? It can’t be required for circulating the air through the mask, can it?

They all have some sort of device at the back of the neck/head:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Breath_Mask_A_02_TH.

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Breath_Mask_B_02_TH.

TSL_TOR_Ported_Mask_Sith_Warrior_Breathe

I did consider adding a tank, but they already clip with a lot of hair, so adding more junk isn't likely to make things better. And there is no way to make them a skinned mesh outside of incorporating them into the head model (or going for a full body model), so trying to add stuff that extends past the head is pretty much a non-starter. Perhaps that could be an option for a specific NPC version. I was thinking about maybe trying something akin to the Cad Bane look, since there is also that style of hat available in TOR.

• Like 3

I debated whether or not to post this in the droid thread, but seeing as this is a direct port and not my own work I figured it more rightly belonged here. Scorpio, Imperial Agent companion from TOR, as a protocol droid:

The shoulders are a bit wacky because of the width of the vanilla protocol droid rig. I had to do a lot of vert shuffling to try and match its long monkey-like arms. I widened the torso, but there's still a bit too much of a gap in some animations. But I didn't want to go too far or it would distort the proportions too much, and result in clipping problems.

If it was going to be actually used in either game, it would probably need some new female VO. Would pitch-shifting the vanilla VO be sufficient?

• Haha 1

If it was going to be actually used in either game, it would probably need some new female VO. Would pitch-shifting the vanilla VO be sufficient?

If you provide me with the script, I might be able to have someone do it for you. PM me with what you'd like her to say.

In addition, I'm pretty sure there's a gold version of her skin - it was one of the few appearances you could apply to the Scorpio model.

I don't have any concrete plans, just trying some stuff out. I would assume it would just be a vanilla droid replacement, but I'm open to suggestion in regards to which it might be in either or both games. There are probably some background  droids wandering around levels that only have one or two ambient lines that would be easy enough to re-voice from scratch. There are some like that in Taris upper city as I recall, for example.

Yes, there are three texture variants, although one of them isn't much chop. I was planning on doing the gold version as well.

27 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I would assume it would just be a vanilla droid replacement....

I can't unthink about her having that role as C8-42. If you catch the drift 😂

13 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I can't unthink about her having that role as C8-42. If you catch the drift 😂

Doesn't Elise refer to the droid as him though?

On 8/11/2018 at 8:14 AM, DarthParametric said:

... but I'm open to suggestion in regards to which it might be in either or both games. There are probably some background  droids wandering around levels that only have one or two ambient lines that would be easy enough to re-voice from scratch. There are some like that in Taris upper city as I recall, for example.

Well once you gather enough lines from either or both games, shoot me a PM.  If I recall correctly, I think I created a decent Scorpio filter once upon a time.  Hopefully I wrote it down but if not, I can probably figure it out again.

Update 14AUG2018: Couldn't find the original filter information but I believe I have recreated the filter.  I've saved a document that I can retrieve. If I'm provided with a script to work with, I can start work on acquiring a VO actress and showing you all the filter.

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Doesn't Elise refer to the droid as him though?

Haha! Yes, I have just re-checked it in-game and Elise does refer C8-42 with he. Dang, I'm so hyped with this easter-egg I actually forgot those lines lol. 🙃

Yeah that makes no sense. C8-42 is a stand-in for her dead husband. Definitely one droid in the game that is not open for a female replacement.

Haha yeah, I was just about making up; If a woman having an affection with a male droid is bizarre, imagine her having it with a female droid. And then reality kicks-in lol.