Sign in to follow this  
Unionhack

I want my PC to be able to wear Atton's Jacket

This has been driving me nuts for years. I've tried to do this several times but I've never been able to successfully pull it off.

Simply put; I'd like my character to visually wear Atton's jacket. I think that jacket is the freshest piece of clothing in the Star Wars universe and possibly all of sci fi, and I wanna punch sith in the face while wearing it.

I don't care if it's the actual item of Atton's ribbed jacket or another item being rigged to appear as the jacket; I just want my Exile to be able to wear it.

There is a pitiful lack of information on the web about what values in the appearance.2da file correspond to, and I've been trying to change character models to no avail. I tried editing Atton's jacket to not be restricted to him, which works in a sense, but it shows up as the default jedi clothing on the player character which is obviously not I am going for.

I'm not sure which entries in the appearance.2da refer to the player character models. I've set a TON of them to have their model B (which corresponds to default clothing, I believe?) appear as Atton's jacket model, but so far it has not worked. I need some help from someone who knows this stuff better than I do. Either a step-by-step guide on how to properly configure my appearance.2da or a straight up model replacement would be greatly appreciated.

The jacket model is P_AttonBB. Changing the male player modelb column value from N_CommM to P_AttonBB will make them use Atton's jacket when wearing clothes. You'll also want to set the texb and texbevil columns to ****. I'd be surprised if there isn't already a mod somewhere that does this.

• Thanks 1

I think that's what I've done. I changed every single modelb column in each row that could possibly (to my untrained perception, anyway) be the male player character(s) but my changes have not had any effect.

My guess (again, an uneducated one, because I am super new to the whole KOTOR modding scene as a whole) is that it has something to do with the fact that I'm playing the Steam version which I understand has several hiccups when it comes to modding, or how I'm using a modded player head or something. Again, I don't really know.

Does the choice of player portrait affect which row in appearance.2da needs to be changed? If so, is there any way for me to cross-reference and ascertain which row I need, corresponding with my character's selected head?

As for there being a mod that already exists, if there is one then it has eluded my search for many, many years. I've wanted this to be a thing since I first played TSL in the mid 2000s and I've never been able to find a way to do it.

Edited by Unionhack

If you are using a non-vanilla head added by a mod, you'll need to edit its appearance.2da rows. If it was from the Workshop, then that will mean editing the appearance.2da in that folder, and not the base game or TSLRCM's Workshop folder.

• Thanks 1

So the custom head that I'm using does not have an appearance.2da in its mod folder, so I'm going to try messing with TSLRCM's and whatever other mods I have to see if it can be fixed in that way.

Pleased to confirm that I finally got it working after such a long time. I appreciate your prompt and clear replies, Para: I've been a lurker for a while now and you and others have helped me a lot in the past; it's great to be able to actually thank you directly.

Thanks; I know this is kind of a small thing but it's been something I've wanted to do since I was young. It's a huge thing to me to finally have it working.

20180710025305_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, DarthParametric said:

The jacket model is P_AttonBB. Changing the male player modelb column value from N_CommM to P_AttonBB will make them use Atton's jacket when wearing clothes. You'll also want to set the texb and texbevil columns to ****. I'd be surprised if there isn't already a mod somewhere that does this.

Hi. Got the same issue. Which rows I should change in appearance.2da? I changed every row contains "P_MAL" and it doesn't work. Clothes' model changed, but there is no texture on it. Please, help me Darth Parametric, you are my only hope:)

It should work fine if you followed the instructions and nulled out the texture fields, since the model has an internal reference to the texture. Unless you are using a mod that alters the model and strips the texture assignment. But that would also break Atton's clothing appearance, since his row doesn't assign an override texture either. So I gather you have put some sort of incorrect value in the texture column. They should look like this:

Atton_Clothing_Appearance.png.e6398854bd98567e0dd32ab9ccc5d6d9.png

You can also set the evil column to **** as well since there's no actual difference between the regular and DS textures (unless using modded textures).

Alternatively, just use this mod by Effix that sets all male player rows to use the jacket - https://deadlystream.com/topic/9517-i-want-that-jacket-in-my-possession/?do=findComment&comment=86435