UnusualCharacters

[WIP] UC's HK-47 Mini Romance Mod for TSL

Query: What?

KotORII_Icon_HK-47.png

Yes, you heard that right, what started as what was (probably) a joke made by @A Future Pilot on the r/kotor discord has gotten my creative juices flowing.

If you're like me, you might have asked yourself at some point "HK-47 is my favorite companion in the KotOR games, so why can't I romance him?" Well, soon™️ you can! 

The goal of this mod is to make a believably written, slightly tongue in cheek but also emotionally sound "mini romance" option between a dark sided player character and her/his homicidal droid companion. 

What do I mean by "mini romance"? For now, I am going to try and keep the scope small while I learn the fundamentals of modding. I have finished a first pass at the script, and will be working on recording the voice over sometime soon to get a feel for how it all sounds when spoken. Right now, it is a total of 2 to 3 conversations, depending on whether you pass a [Repair/Computer Use] (player's preference) skill check on the first try or not. Perhaps this will expand in the future, but right now, I think it gets the job done without needless beating around the bush. This is an optional/additional romance and its not meant to rival/replace any of the vanilla options in terms of complexity.

The non-spoilery gist of it is, HK has discovered that he has developed what he sees as a flaw in his programming since he's started travelling with you, that's since grown stronger with every act of cruelty you inflict upon others. The player character has the option to dismiss outright, confusedly entertain his concerns to an extent, or try their best to understand the situation, some of which open up a path to a whole new look into his "abnormality" that's formed. 

Basically, I'll be using this thread to update with progress and let you know how it's going. Keep in mind, this is my first ever mod and thus I have no idea how long this project will take me. 

I'm also attaching to this post a design document that features all of the dialogue that I've currently written for the mod, if you're interested. I would appreciate that if you'd like to mention something about it in this thread, that you properly spoiler tag it. Thank you.

- UC

P.S. Let me make this point for you, so that you don't have to.

tumblr_m71arfk7ci1qjwcc4o1_500.gif

HKromance.docx

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Haven't had the chance to read the DOCX but will this be connected to using the Protocol Pacifist Package for HK?

After seeing the Solo film this has made me smile!

Even psychopathic droids like HK-47 deserves love!

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

I hereby grant anyone the permission to use any voice files I create for this to use in a K1 version of their own construction. After all, HK only refers to the PC as Master, not "Exile" :P

On 7/10/2018 at 11:28 AM, djh269 said:

After seeing the Solo film this has made me smile!

Even psychopathic droids like HK-47 deserves love!

Ahaha YES!

LOVE the idea of this mod and also love that the only guy around with an awesome Kristoffer Tabori impression is the one doing it!