VarsityPuppet

Freedon Nadd's Tomb Statue WIP

I see he has the requisite pole dancers, as any good Sith lord should.

Your envmap turned out pretty good, judging by that shot. Although seeing it with camera movement is always the real test. What did you use?

• Like 1

The pole dancing SIth statues have always been there. Perhaps Freedon Nadd has always been a fan?

I'll try to get some video, but the envmap is just cm_baremetal.

I sourced a couple of dirty metal images from google for the texture, baked ambient occlusion (to give it a little bit of life) and did added lightmaps.

Alright! I’ll tone the red down - I was going for a more bronze look, but might have overdone it.

I was tempted to give the rest of the room an update, but that’s be far too much work. Just a littlw more tweaking and should be good for a release!

43 minutes ago, VarsityPuppet said:

I was tempted to give the rest of the room an update

I was wondering if TOR might have some suitable replacements for those pole dancing statues. They look pretty terrible by comparison to your fancy new statue and are letting the side down.

20 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Hrm, can't say I'm a fan of the new colour to be honest. The original pic looked better to me. The new version looks far too red.

If I can suggest something, I think I would keep the golden color but make it less "shiny" (I don´t know what is the modding term) as it outstands too much from the rest of the game´s original graphics (in the first pic).

21 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

I was tempted to give the rest of the room an update, but that’s far too much work. Just a little more tweaking and it should be good for a release!

You know you want to.  The swirling pool of blood and the red Sith ritual lightning ball calls to you.

• Like 1
  • Dark Side Points 2

56 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

You know you want to.  The swirling pool of blood and the red Sith ritual lightning ball calls to you.

That lightning ball is atrocious. Unfortunately I can't seem to extract the texture file correctly :( Can anyone help me with that?

Actually it seems to be fx_ritual01.tga

It is an animated texture, and it looks like there's mipmap weirdnes, so I can't just extract as tga

@ndix UR You genius! What black magic did you use to export this correctly? I mostly just stared at it last night and lamented over mipmaps

There are plenty other images that we could extract that have this same mipmap thing going on

@DarthParametric

I can get you a save if you want to test things out.

I will say, after reading up a bit on the history of Freedon Nadd, that the scope of this is going to change a bit. As it turns out, King Ommin and Queen Amanoa were also buried in this tomb,

Jeth took the sarcophagi of King Ommin, Queen Amanoa, and Freedon Nadd, and finally moved them to Dxun.

...the once-proud queen of Onderon was interred alongside [the king] and their Sith Master in a burial temple on Onderon's jungle moon, Dxun.

So it looks like those pole dancers can maybe be replaced with statues of the King and Queen (who were big Naddist fans) and sarcophagi for all three of them.

Or perhaps I will move the statues. The rest of the room is very empty, maybe I fill the other walls with pole-dancing Naddists?

Also, looks like the main slab where Freedon Nadd is buried needs a little upgrade.

It seems the main slab is taller and Nadd himself is shown in a more upright position. Not too big of a change actually

Source image courtesy of @JCarter426

Spoiler

image.jpg

So the new list of changes now includes

- 3 new unique sarcophagi (placeables? Doors? They need to open so this may be tricky)

- updated tomb slab and 2 new tomb slabs

- new poledancing sith statues x 10 (or however many fit in the room)

3 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

I can get you a save if you want to test things out.

No need now. I was thinking about possible ways to get at the texture, but @ndix UR swooped in with those magic tools.

3 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

3 new unique sarcophagi (placeables? Doors? They need to open so this may be tricky)

That shouldn't be tricky from a mechanical perspective. It's a pretty simple animation. If you are planning to make something from scratch you could always just model it around something existing so you can swipe its animations.

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

No need now. I was thinking about possible ways to get at the texture, but @ndix UR swooped in with those magic tools.

That shouldn't be tricky from a mechanical perspective. It's a pretty simple animation. If you are planning to make something from scratch you could always just model it around something existing so you can swipe its animations.

This is true. I'm not too worried about that now, I guess. The tricky part is making good-looking, unique sarcophagi :)

Also interesting in all of my searches of Wookieepedia canon... no mention of a statue outside of Kotor... lol all of this stuff is sort of an amalgamation of legends-canon sources

5 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

3 new unique sarcophagi (placeables? Doors? They need to open so this may be tricky)

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Yeah, there's no real trick to it. They just need four animations: close, close2open, open, and open2close, and all you really need for that are two keyframes copied in different orders. But I agree - easier to use an existing one. And it should be particularly easy in this case because it's already set up that way. Nadd's sarcophagus is a combination of a door, dor_dxn04, with the actual sarcophagus part as part of the area geometry. I believe the ones on Korriban are set up the same way.

Freedon Nadd's sarcophagus.

Comic source vs. 3ds rendition

It's a work in progress, and it's not going to look exactly like the comic version anyways

sarcohpagus-render.jpg

• Like 5