Canderis

Revan and Meetra heads ported from SWTOR

I need to change the texture name in the mdl then. I'm trying to use mdledit but I'm unsure of where I make that change in mdledit. I've renamed the textures to what you had in the changes.ini file

10 minutes ago, defreili said:

I need to change the texture name in the mdl then. I'm trying to use mdledit but I'm unsure of where I make that change in mdledit. I've renamed the textures to what you had in the changes.ini file

image.png.cb280ed50ea3e1aec9aa0de612c15bee.png

In the textures it needs all 4 to be there right? Or just the one? Because it only allows me to put 2 there for some reason.

3 minutes ago, defreili said:

In the textures it needs all 4 to be there right? Or just the one? Because it only allows me to put 2 there for some reason.

No no, just the one ... that is a list of textures that appear in the model. Every mesh has it's own texture (you can see that in the screenshot; btw in area models, the meshes can have a second texture which is the lightmap; texture 3 and 4 that you see in the screenshot are not in use by any vanilla model). So when you rename one of the entries in the list, the textures will be renamed on all the meshes that use it in the model. The game will apply the DS texture dynamically based on what you've entered in the .2da files. But you do need to specify a base LS texture in the model apparently.

I got the textures to work. I might need to position head back a bit. I'm unsure. The eyes have no animation. You just see his eyebrows moving. Nothing with the mouth either.

Having a bit of an issue with mdledit and mdlops. After I made corrections to the head and exported the file as an ascii file successfully. Whenever I try to open the new file in mdledit it crashes when it is interpreting the ascii data. I'm not sure what the issue is.

tor_revan-kotormax.mdl.ascii

On 2/2/2020 at 5:44 AM, defreili said:

I got the textures to work. I might need to position head back a bit. I'm unsure. The eyes have no animation. You just see his eyebrows moving. Nothing with the mouth either.

Did you ever find out what was causing the animation problems with the eyes and mouth? 

9 minutes ago, DarthDip said:

Did you ever find out what was causing the animation problems with the eyes and mouth? 

defreili hasn't indicated that they've solved the problem.  As there are plenty of updates in this thread as it is, perhaps we could wait until the issue has been listed as solved?

2 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

defreili hasn't indicated that they've solved the problem.  As there are plenty of updates in this thread as it is, perhaps we could wait until the issue has been listed as solved?

I was asking because i was going to see if i could try and help to figure it out with mdledit 

6 minutes ago, DarthDip said:

I was asking because i was going to see if i could try and help to figure it out with mdledit 

If you can get the mdl file to work. Please do so. I am attempting to get the ascii file I uploaded to work with mdledit or mdlops but it isn't working. Not sure why. My goal is to try and compile that ascii file that possibly will fix one of the issues with the file. There are two other issues. One is with the left side of revan's face that has the scar from the mask. Not sure how to resolve it. the other issue is the texture of the skin. The texture is way too dark in relation to the hands and feet. But the first thing is the mdledit. Please feel free to help. Most of the files on the thread from others are what I have used to try and make this possible. I really want everyone to get a copy of this TOR Port.

• Thanks 1

There are 0 weights on one of the skins in the ascii, which is why mdledit fails to load it. I've handled this case for the next version of mdledit, it will convert such skins to trimeshes and issue a warning in the report. Thank you for reporting this!

In the case at hand, you either need to make sure there are weights on the skin and that they're being exported (could also be a kotormax error), or just convert the skin to a trimesh (if there weren't supposed to be any weights in this particular version of the model) to get it to compile.

10 minutes ago, bead-v said:

There are 0 weights on one of the skins in the ascii, which is why mdledit fails to load it. I've handled this case for the next version of mdledit, it will convert such skins to trimeshes and issue a warning in the report. Thank you for reporting this!

In the case at hand, you either need to make sure there are weights on the skin and that they're being exported (could also be a kotormax error), or just convert the skin to a trimesh (if there weren't supposed to be any weights in this particular version of the model) to get it to compile.

I'm confused. No weights on the skins? But I make sure the skins were all on the right places. This version pretty much copied the layout of DarthParametric's Meetra Surik. I'm not sure how it doesn't have any skins.

3 hours ago, defreili said:

Do you know which skins lack weights bead-v?

I can't check now, but you can do it yourself, open the ascii with a text editor and see which skin has "weights 0".

Getting there. I honestly think the eyes are going to have to say huge. Not much I can do on that side. I will need to just light up his texture I guess and then he'll be good to go I guess.

Revan Test.png

• Like 1

Good job so far but I hope someone can help you fix the eyes. They make him look like a maniac.

About the darkside transitions, I think they need more than just the Sith eyes. The skin should have some color degradation.

13 hours ago, Mugwump said:

Good job so far but I hope someone can help you fix the eyes. They make him look like a maniac.

About the darkside transitions, I think they need more than just the Sith eyes. The skin should have some color degradation.

I'll get to the discoloration later. Right now I need to fix the skin and the scar first before I apply the discoloration layer, Then it'll come down to the eyes.

• Like 3

Played around to try and make the eyes a bit better as his eyes were really dead. However, I'm having an issue with the animations of the face.

You can see it from this video:

and this, Test #2

Just need to figure out the scar on the left cheek and whether and how to remap the eyes. Finally,  I'll apply the discoloration layer afterwards.

• Light Side Points 3

1 hour ago, defreili said:

Played around to try and make the eyes a bit better as his eyes were really dead. However, I'm having an issue with the animations of the face.

You can see it from this video:

and this, Test #2

Just need to figure out the scar on the left cheek and whether and how to remap the eyes. Finally,  I'll apply the discoloration layer afterwards.

Awesome progress so far great work!

• Light Side Points 1

Quick update: I'm still working on the Revan Head. Right now there's an issue with the mouth as it does not allow for the mouth to move when speech occurs. I am attempting to try and correct that issue. However, I have not been able to work on the head given the covid-19 craze. I had to leave the UK where I was studying and I'm back in Canada under quarantine so I can't really do much. I'll probably work on the head after the quarantine is over. So far, I'm in good health so I don't think that will be an issue. As for doing the head with scars I will try to add that option too down the road after I get the mouth issue fixed.

• Light Side Points 5

22 minutes ago, defreili said:

So far, I'm in good health so I don't think that will be an issue.

Stay healthy!

• Light Side Points 3

Hey, just logged in to say that what is hopefully still being made is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, unfortunately I have no experience with this kind of work and cannot offer my assistance, but I hope that your project is proceeding well, and if this mod was to be uploaded I would absolutely use it as I plan to replay KotOR 1 after playing SW: tOR for goodness knows how many years.

Edited by Kyrenaz
Grammar fix

Is there any chance that someone could finish this ? Seriously you guys were so close it's a shame. Good luck to anyone who wants to try to finish it.

I hope that you are doing well and you are in good health, it is sad that this happened. I hope that someday you will return to complete this project.