Canderis

Revan and Meetra heads ported from SWTOR

On 1/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, defreili said:

Hey there. I managed to get the head model and textures to be applied. I was wondering if you could tell me how to apply your UVmap to the Model as well as how you were able to apply the eye textures to the model. After that, I believe I would just need help with converting the head to a mdl model.

Did you figure out how to apply the UVmap? 

No I haven't. I have managed to get the textures on the model but the UVmap is the original by flipping the original model's UVmap with Noestis. A friend of mine helps create mods for SWTOR specifically and she extracts mods. She gave me this guide and said that people can use is. The guide is in this link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918317239. I've uploaded the original head models I have used. The UVmap that DarthParametric uploaded. I've reuploaded the files here as well. However, I, 1) need help with how to apply the texture of the eyes to the model. 2) I need to know how to turn the obj file to the mdl file and 3) I need to know how to put that model into the game. I'm unsure of any other steps I need to take. I don't mind doing the work I just need help as I am using blender instead of 3dsmax due to my budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOR_Revan_Head_UV_Map.7z Revan_Head_d_v3.7z Revan.rar

On 1/18/2020 at 2:26 AM, DarthDip said:

Did you figure out how to apply the UVmap? 

Managed to get the textures on. Still working on getting the eyes right. But so far so good. Once that's done I know there's the animations for the head. Not sure where to find those.

2020-01-22 (20).png

2020-01-22 (19).png

2020-01-22 (18).png

2020-01-22 (17).png

2020-01-22 (16).png

2020-01-22 (15).png

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:13 AM, defreili said:

Managed to get the textures on. Still working on getting the eyes right. But so far so good. Once that's done I know there's the animations for the head. Not sure where to find those.

2020-01-22 (20).png

2020-01-22 (19).png

2020-01-22 (18).png

2020-01-22 (17).png

2020-01-22 (16).png

2020-01-22 (15).png

Wow man it looks great so far 

I managed to get the eyes to work but the issue is the making the mdl file through noesis. I could not export the head model using any other method at my disposal. However, my issue now is getting the mdl file to work with mdlops and mdledit.

mdlops always comes up with this error:

reading ascii model
Supermodel not found: C:\Users\ldefr\Downloads\KOTOR I Mods\SWTOR ports\SWTOR Models\Revan\Revan Head Project\Fiverr\.mdl
Loading original binary model: C:\Users\ldefr\Downloads\KOTOR I Mods\SWTOR ports\SWTOR Models\Revan\Revan Head Project\Fiverr\.mdl
File Error: C:\Users\ldefr\Downloads\KOTOR I Mods\SWTOR ports\SWTOR Models\Revan\Revan Head Project\Fiverr\.mdl The system cannot find the file specified
error handler

mdledit simply shuts down when attempting to load the mdl file.

GMAX is unable to load the file.

I'm not sure exactly what to do next as I do need to attach the head to the skeleton rig in order to use the head.

I will attach the mdl file below.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

2020-01-26 (10).png

2020-01-26 (9).png

2020-01-26 (8).png

2020-01-26 (7).png

2020-01-26 (6).png

2020-01-26 (5).png

2020-01-26 (4).png

TOR_Revan_Head.mdl

19 hours ago, defreili said:

I will attach the mdl file below.

That model file is not in the correct format for the tools to process. It starts with "IDPO", which seems to be the binary MDL format for the Quake engine. All the tools for KOTOR (mdledit, mdlops, kotormax, kotorblender) are designed to work only with the Odyssey (ie. KOTOR) binary MDL and ascii MDL (basically a text file) formats, so it's no wonder you get all sorts of problems by passing the file through them.

You will need to find a way to get your head model into max or blender first, then export with kotormax/kotorblender to get the ascii MDL, then convert that to binary MDL with mdledit/mdlops.

9 minutes ago, bead-v said:

That model file is not in the correct format for the tools to process. It starts with "IDPO", which seems to be the binary MDL format for the Quake engine. All the tools for KOTOR (mdledit, mdlops, kotormax, kotorblender) are designed to work only with the Odyssey (ie. KOTOR) binary MDL and ascii MDL (basically a text file) formats, so it's no wonder you get all sorts of problems by passing the file through them.

You will need to find a way to get your head model into max or blender first, then export with kotormax/kotorblender to get the ascii MDL, then convert that to binary MDL with mdledit/mdlops.

Ah I have tried to export the model before using a plugin for blender. But for whatever reason the neverblender that allows for an export of a .mdl file for the aurora engine just won't. I have a fbx format of the file. Could is there someone that could show me what I need to get.

4 minutes ago, defreili said:

But for whatever reason the neverblender that allows for an export of a .mdl file for the aurora engine just won't.

1. You should be using kotorblender, not neverblender.

2. If kotorblender/neverblender/kotormax doesn't allow it to be exported there may be something wrong with how your model is set up, which may have nothing to do with the conversion process.

8 hours ago, defreili said:

Where can I find kotorblender?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it.

the head looks awesome great work! its cool you got the eyes figured out 

4 hours ago, Rodrigo23 said:

Nice!!! Thats mean the head will be avaliable soon???

i think there is still some work left to do like put the head on a skeleton from the game 

• Light Side Points 1

I have created the head and managed to texture it, add darkside transitions to the model. I have tried to copy what I could of Darth Parametric's Jedi Exile model. However, I run into issues regarding the installing and using of the head mod. For whatever reason the portrait does not show up during the character selection. Nor does the head model. When I tried to use the head model to start the game. It reverted to another model. Specifically, the white male model with a curly brush cut. I'm unsure of what I have done wrong with installing the mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've uploaded the mdl files. Can someone tell me exactly what's wrong with the mdl file?

Here's an update on what the head model should look like with darkside transitions.

PO_TOR_RevanLS.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS3.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS1.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS2.jpg

TOR_Revan.rar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, defreili said:

I have created the head and managed to texture it, add darkside transitions to the model. I have tried to copy what I could of Darth Parametric's Jedi Exile model. However, I run into issues regarding the installing and using of the head mod. For whatever reason the portrait does not show up during the character selection. Nor does the head model. When I tried to use the head model to start the game. It reverted to another model. Specifically, the white male model with a curly brush cut. I'm unsure of what I have done wrong with installing the mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've uploaded the mdl files. Can someone tell me exactly what's wrong with the mdl file?

Here's an update on what the head model should look like with darkside transitions.

PO_TOR_RevanLS.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS3.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS1.jpg

PO_TOR_RevanDS2.jpg

TOR_Revan.rar 186.47 kB · 0 downloads

Holy Crap the head looks beyond outstanding great job man! unfortunately i don't really have alot of knowledge about porting but maybe  Darth Parametric himself knows what the problem is or Thor110 might know since i think he talked about maybe porting some things from swtor into kotor 

1 hour ago, defreili said:

However, I run into issues regarding the installing and using of the head mod.

Can you describe what you did to put the head into the game? Did you try to replace one of the existing heads or add it as an additional one?

I added it as an additional head. I edited the appearance.2da, heads.2da and portraits.2da with tslpatcher. However when I loaded the game the model was headless.

Well, the model is fine:

image.png.bfd43cbaaab337e6843e6a36d7fcda71.png

So you must have done something wrong with the TSLpatcher... I can't help you further without knowing the details... maybe you can upload the changes.ini file ..

Read this:

https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/tutorials/new-playable-character-tutorial

Apparently your portrait textures are not named correctly.

Also, you are copying the first row in the appearance.2da, which doesn't seem to be the most suitable choice.

EDIT:

Also, you shouldn't be setting the .2da files to be replaced. If you want to be able to run the installer multiple times, TSLpatcher can be configured to check whether a .2da row/file already exists and not install it in such a case.

Here's what worked for me: changes.ini.txt

I needed to make three new rows in appearance.2da, one for each body size. This information then had to be inserted into portraits.2da (check the changes.ini). I think this is the reason why your character appeared headless.

As for the portrait not showing up, I'm not sure what exactly was wrong, but mimicking the vanilla setup solved it. Make sure you have all the PO_*.tga's in your override folder.

I got the model and portraits to work. However I have issues with the textures. Do I have to hexedit the head?

23 minutes ago, defreili said:

However I have issues with the textures.

You're gonna have to be a more specific than that ... 😐

24 minutes ago, defreili said:

Do I have to hexedit the head?

You can use mdledit to change the names of the textures safely without hex editing (Edit → Textures).

The result of just renaming a random texture to the right name:

image.png.48ad05b9959ad616ce991bc79e955750.png

Check that your texture is named the same as in the model and is present in the override folder (not a subfolder of it because those don't work in K1). Also make sure the name is <=16 chars, because that's the maximum length of any resource name.