JCarter426

MOD:JC's Dense Aliens for K1

JC's Dense Aliens for K1

There are so-called "lite" alien models that are of lesser quality than most other models in the game. These include the Quarren and Gran species. Both aliens feature more prominently in the sequel and their models were given an overhaul. This mod ports the K2 versions of the models back to K1, improving the quality of models and creating a more consistent aesthetic.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/25/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sooooo, assets ported directly from TSL.

Did the stance change on that lately? Not saying I don't appreciate this mod, it'll find its way into my Override, but porting assets that weren't the same in both games used to be a no-no. So I'm curious about this.

13 minutes ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

Sooooo, assets ported directly from TSL.

Did the stance change on that lately? Not saying I don't appreciate this mod, it'll find its way into my Override, but porting assets that weren't the same in both games used to be a no-no. So I'm curious about this.

Oh boy, you're in for a treat...

But in all seriousness, yeah the rule changed very recently. See here: 

While the mod is a much-needed change, I would really love if the Gran wore their suit from K1, just in better quality.

13 hours ago, superSzym said:

While the mod is a much-needed change, I would really love if the Gran wore their suit from K1, just in better quality.

I figured somebody would. It looks to me like it's the stock scoundrel clothes (if they had been designed in the 90s) and I probably could make a variation of it with the Gran head and hands, but I don't have an extreme amount of interest in doing so at the moment.

Greetings, Thread Master!

Here to report that with the mod is included N_QuarrenH01b which is the normal-map for Quarren's head texture. But it seems the relevant model which is L_Alien02 did not have its tangentspace flag activated; hence the unused normal-map. Looking forwards to constructive response for this report.

Many thanks for considering this. :cheers: