ebmar

MOD:[K1] Force Powers' Sounds Pack

[K1] Force Powers' Sounds Pack

963176828_ForcePowersSoundsPack-Resized.png.24aacb1ab834299a70c74bf1d8d6d09c.png

This mod replaces Force Powers' SFXs in the SW:KotOR game with the modded version's SFXs.

# Background #

To tell the truth, I am pleased with the original Force Powers' SFX but it's just- I want to experience something different- something fresh; and the project was started then.

# About this Mod #

Inside this version are 7 modded Force Powers' Sound FXs; some based on in-game vanilla assets, and some others are modifications from Shem's "Ultimate Sound Mod"; which he gave permission for anyone whom wants to use the work he have done in a future mod, to just give him credit for what they have used. So, they are:

• Force Use [v_useforce] - Sound FX produced first when using Force Powers [noticeably heard with Force Cure, Force Heal, Force Armor, Force Aura, and Force Energy Resistance].
  • Force Lightning [v_pro_lightning] - Sound FX produced when using Force Lightning.
  • Force Death Field [v_pro_deathfeld] - Sound FX produced when using Force Death Field.
  • Force Wave [v_imp_frcwave] - Sound FX produced when using Force Wave.
  • Force Choke [v_imp_choke] - Sound FX produced when using Force Choke.
  • Force Throw Lightsaber [v_throw] - Sound FX produced when using Throw Lightsaber.
  • Force Destroy Droid [v_pro_droidkill] - Sound FX produced when using Force Destroy Droid.

This mod can be installed anytime and/or anywhere on the game, and will have direct effect to the game.

Shem's Terms of Use:

Spoiler

1248274322_ShemsUSMPermission.PNG.670c6d0e8f8dd7a1dde30e6b2a151d15.PNG

# Final Remarks #

I suggest you to install Shem's "Ultimate Sound Mod" [first] along with JCarter426's "JC's K1 Sound Effects" [second], and then sync them with this mod [third]. After all this time, I still believe that Shem's "USM" is still the most enjoyable SFX mod. And later, JCarter426's "K1 SFXs" complete Shem's. And this mod aims to complete the Force Powers' part.

Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and any feedbacks for the next update are very much appreciated- PM me at deadlystream.com [ebmar] or just write a public message on my feed. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: Run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe].

Uninstallation: Run the "Optional: Vanilla Force Powers' SFXs" option from the installer directory. As only for the Force Throw Lightsaber [v_throw], you must uninstall it manually by removing the said file from the 'Override' folder.

Compatibility: There are 5 assets that will not compatible with Shem's, they are; Force Choke [v_imp_choke], Force Wave [v_imp_frcwave], Force Destroy Droid [v_pro_droidkill], Force Lightning [v_pro_lightning], and Force Throw Lightsaber [v_throw]. Install this mod after Shem's if you want that change.

Redistribution: Do not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any website at all. As inside this mod, there are base assets which they are not belongs to mine. If you plan on using this mod or only the assets from this mod to a mod you will be developing, give credits to Shem, BioWare and LucasArts; as this mod contains their assets. Also, a credits to my name is always a welcome, welcome. :cheers:

Credits:

• Shem for the collaboration between the "Ultimate Sound Mod" assets with mine's.
  • BioWare & LucasArts for the 'Game of the 21st Century'.
  • All streamers on DeadlyStream which indirectly involved on this project that I couldn't possibly mentioned one by one.
  • All modders either active or inactive.
  • bead-v and ndix UR for the MDLedit.
  • Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool.
  • stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup.
  • DeadlyStream for a place to hangout and to discuss.

-eb

:cheers:

0.1 Preview :

Spoiler

0.2 Preview [Under Development]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/31/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

[Updated to 0.2 : July 26, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the mod's page. The mod has been updated to 0.2 version. So, what's new in version 0.2?

• Adds Force Choke, Force Wave, Force Throw Lightsaber, and Force Destroy Droid to the list.
  • Add an "Optional: Vanilla Force Powers' SFXs" patch which can be accessed from the installer directory.
  • Readme.rtf added to the main installation folder.
  • Updated Installation, Uninstallation, Compatibility, Redistribution and Credits entry.

0.2 Preview [Under Development]