KOTOR 2 Community Patch

========================================================
KOTOR 2 Community Patch
========================================================
Maintainer: A Future Pilot
Original Release Date: 06/14/2018

1. Description:
----------
This mod is a compilation of various bugfix mods put together with the intention of fixing all the known bugs with the last official patch of KOTOR 2. A huge thanks to all of the mod authors who created these mods, and gave me permission to include them in this patch.

2. List of included mods and fixes (alphabetical by author):
----------
A Future Pilot:

• The space suit running animation looks like a squirrel that's been injected with caffeine

Ashton Scorpius:

bead-v:

danil-ch:

DarthParametric:

• There are multiple issues with the Harbinger level geometry: Harbinger Hull Fixes 1.1
  • The Zeison Sha armour for males (PMBMM) is unable to properly perform a two-handed grip during weapon animations: Get a Grip! Zeison Sha Armour Male Model Fix 1.0
  • There are some minor level geometry issues in the Peragus Administration Level: Peragus Administration Level Room Model Fixes 1.0
  • The head texture for Visas has a poor quality mask for its environment map and incorrectly uses her skin colour for the inside of her mouth
  • The female player head PFHA04 has some clipping issues with the right eyeball and eyelid (reported by Soka)
  • The female player head PFHA05 has incorrect UVs for the upper teeth, causing them to be flesh-coloured (reported by ebmar)
  • The Ebon Hawk's medbay has some bad lightmaps and the camera can clip through its walls (suggested by JCarter426)
  • The Bumani Exchange Corp. module lacked a skybox/starscape (reported by JCarter426)
  • Mandalore is missing the helmet filter effect on one of his lines (reported by Sniggles)
  • War Droid texture variants didn't properly display the blaster texture (Reported by Sith Holocron)
  • When Kreia first wakes up in the Peragus Administration Level morgue, it's possible to briefly see her body disappear

FF97:

JCarter426:

Kainzorus Prime:

LiliArch:

• The broken item icon, and Grenn's case icon are incorrect

Marauder:

N-DReW25:

ndix UR:

PapaZinos:

Squall Lionheart:

The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) Team:

• The male Jedi Master robes (PMBNM) had an incorrect OdysseyBase name

ZimmMaster:

3. Other Recommended Mods:
----------

Under Construction

4. Install:
----------

Prior to installation, ensure that a copy of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) is installed over your game, as TSLRCM's changes are required for the KOTOR 2 Community Patch to function. From there, to install, just download the mod, unpackage it, and run Install.exe

5. Uninstall:
----------

Given the complexity of this mod, a clean install of KOTOR 2 is recommended. However, you can check through the installation log file if you wish to undo the changes made.

6. Bugs:
----------

If you are aware of any bugs that need to be fixed, let me know here: https://github.com/KOTORCommunityPatches/TSL_Community_Patch/issues

7. Permissions:
----------

Due to this mod being a compilation from many different authors, please do not distribute it.

8. Credits:
----------

All of the mod authors who have helped make this patch a reality. I can't say it enough - Thank you!
Fred Tetra - For creating his awesome KOTOR Tool that makes us modders job a lot easier.
Snigaroo - For maintaining awesome mod lists on the /r/kotor subreddit, and for putting up with my many recommendations
danil-ch - For this info.rtf template
Fair Strides - For bundling up his tools and making them available
DarthParametric - For his numerous additions and fixes
JCarter426 - For his many contributions and inclusions

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS MODIFICATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS MODIFICATION.

• Like 1

Excellent! Here's something that'll definitely have a permanent place in my Kotor II games from now on

Thanks to all the modders who've made these various fixes and AFP for putting this together!

On 6/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, Salk said:

Hello!

Does it matter whether I install the Community Patch or TSLRCM first?

Late answer, but it is recommended to install TSLRCM first.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Greetings,

So I found HK's model [P_HK47.MDL/MDX] inclusion in the data folder, though can't find any documentation of what it's doing there. Any missed-information I should know?

14 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Greetings,

So I found HK's model [P_HK47.MDL/MDX] inclusion in the data folder, though can't find any documentation of what it's doing there. Any missed-information I should know?

That's probably MF's eye fix.

5 hours ago, StellarExile said:

That's probably MF's eye fix.

Yeah, was expecting that -- but the filesize's different between them so I thought it's something else. 

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

No, that's still an open issue - https://github.com/KOTORCommunityPatches/TSL_Community_Patch/issues/79

The existing HK models are from JC's Shader Fixes.

Ah I see, thanks for the confirmation.

It should be easy enough to combine them. Just decompile the K2CP one, open the ASCII, find the disabled anim and edit the following:

node dummy Mesh01
      parent talkdummy
      orientationkey
        0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
        0.0333333 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
      endlist
    endnode

changing it to:

node dummy Mesh01
      parent talkdummy
      selfillumcolorkey
        0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
        0.0333333 0.0 0.0 0.0
      endlist
    endnode

(it doesn't need an orientation key anyway).

• Like 1