Sign in to follow this  
Haveayap

Star Wars jedi: Fallen Order

So a new Star Wars game has been anounced and we will get a trailer at E3 for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-the-new-gam/1100-6459540/

Looks interesting. Its supposedly a single player action adventure game set after the events of order 66 and follows a young padawan. Hopefully EA does not royally screw us like they did with SWBF 1 and 2 😡

They kill off one Singe-Player Star Wars game, along with it's studio (Visceral) cause "Singe-player is dead" and then buy Respawn to make them work on... a single-player Star Wars game?

Consider me suspicious times 1000. EA may be a mass-murderer, they aren't this stupid, right?

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

They are that stupid.

Still hopeful this game turns out to be a good spiritual successor to JKO/JKA. My heart has already been turned to stone by Disney and EA, but maybe they'll surprise me.

I'm still skeptical EA can do something right, but assuming my PC can run this, I'll probably be tempted to try it out.

I really do think the way Respawn has been operating with Apex and now Star Wars is all due to Vince Zampella. 
He seems like a strong leader that is not letting EA get in their way and if does turn out to be the case, very high respect for that man.

8 hours ago, djh269 said:

New trailer is out now people! 

Single player, story focus and no microtransactions confirmed and Chris Avellone on-board the writing team? It's still early days, but these are all good signs for this game. Cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, DarthVarkor said:

It's still early days, but these are all good signs for this game.

Early days? The game ships in 7 months. Everything is sorted by now, EA is just testing the waters of how much sh#t the community will swallow, and what can they cut out of the game to sell as a DLC later.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:01 PM, Kainzorus Prime said:

Early days? The game ships in 7 months. Everything is sorted by now, EA is just testing the waters of how much sh#t the community will swallow, and what can they cut out of the game to sell as a DLC later.

That's....not what I was saying, at all. No one knows how Fallen Order will turn out, all I said is so far all we have heard are positive things (no micro transactions, story-focus, Chris Avellone on in the writing team). It's too early to judge fairly how the game will turn out, we haven't even seen game play yet. 

It's still EA as publisher we're talking about, with their well-known executive meddling. That's reason enough to hold back and doubt EVERYTHING they say. They're guilty until proven innocent, by default.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

It's still EA as publisher we're talking about, with their well-known executive meddling. That's reason enough to hold back and doubt EVERYTHING they say. They're guilty until proven innocent, by default.

I agree, but the fact EA seem to be allowing Respawn to do whatever they like with it (no 'live service' features) gives me a little bit of cautious optimism.