ebmar

[K1] Selven 'Unique Appearance'

Is it possible to alter the appearance of "the infamous assassin" Selven, to have her much-more unique looks?

As we all know she was a high-profile criminal who became infamous for her extermination of the Ulgo family on Taris, and in my opinion- she could have much more "mean-evil-bad-ass" demeanor looks than she is right now.

If it is possible, then can someone tell it how? I really, really wanted to change her looks 😂

Thanks! :cheers:

It's the same routine as for any other unique NPC. Add a new heads.2da row with a custom head, and a new appearance.2da row that points to the head row ID. Specify custom meshes/textures in either/both 2DAs as appropriate. Edit the NPC's UTC to point to the new appearance row ID.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

It's the same routine as for any other unique NPC. Add a new heads.2da row with a custom head, and a new appearance.2da row that points to the head row ID. Specify custom meshes/textures in either/both 2DAs as appropriate. Edit the NPC's UTC to point to the new appearance row ID.

I think I could cover on adding rows both to heads.2da and appearance.2da; as for specify custom meshes or textures in either or both 2DAs as appropriate and editing the NPC's UTC to point to the new appearance row ID- man, gonna take a long-while there! 😂

It seems I am going with doing edits both to her head and armor's texture for a kick-start, and then will go to the next phase later. Thanks DarthParametric! :cheers:

In K1 in order to use a custom head texture you must create a new model for it, unlike in TSL where you can just specify a texture override in heads.2da. So even if you don't want a physically different mesh, you still need a custom model that points to your new texture. For appearance.2da you can control what body models are used, so even if you don't want actual custom meshes/textures,. you can still have the appearance use any body model you want, regardless of what equipment they are actually wearing. For example you could equip them with heavy armour, but have their appearance be a Jedi robe.

As to the UTC, that's the simplest part. You just find the UTC in the appropriate module in KTool, and, assuming your edited 2DAs are in the Override folder so KTool can see them, open the UTC in KTool's editor and choose the new appearance from a drop-down menu, then save it. In the case of K1, you can typically just put the loose UTC in the Override folder, because they gave them all unique names. Unlike in TSL, where they use generic UTC names that cause clashes between modules and thus must be packed into MODs.

Of course if you want to publicly release something, you'll need to create a TSLPatcher setup that will dynamically create and inject your changes to any pre-existing files if necessary, rather than just dumping pre-edited stuff in the Override.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

In K1 in order to use a custom head texture you must create a new model for it, unlike in TSL where you can just specify a texture override in heads.2da. So even if you don't want a physically different mesh, you still need a custom model that points to your new texture.

So, could we say- my plan on using one of PC's head for example an edited 'PFHA03' for her head model is deceased here? 😂

You can use that head. If you want to use it straight vanilla, just set the normalhead value in the added appearance.2da row to whatever the heads.2da row ID is for that head. If you want to use a custom head texture, you'll need to create a custom named copy of that model and point it to your new texture. It's a fairly painless procedure. Then you add that to heads.2da and set the normalhead value to that.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You can use that head. If you want to use it straight vanilla, just set the normalhead value in the added appearance.2da row to whatever the heads.2da row ID is for that head. If you want to use a custom head texture, you'll need to create a custom named copy of that model and point it to your new texture. It's a fairly painless procedure. Then you add that to heads.2da and set the normalhead value to that.

Ah... glad to know about that. I will go with the easiest path for now DP; using most possible assets available and do some edits to them.

I am not there yet for creating models from scratch- not yet... can't even look where to start actually 😂

Thanks! :cheers:

Like I said, you don't have to create it from scratch, you just use a modified copy of the original. Here:

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/[K1]_PFHA03_ebmar.7z

Here's the vanilla head model, along with an edited copy with a unique filename and unique texture name. I've included the ASCII (decompiled) models so you can see what was changed, and in case you want to make further changes yourself, as well as the supermodel if you make changes and recompile. You can use MDLEdit to do so.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Like I said, you don't have to create it from scratch, you just use a modified copy of the original. Here:

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/[K1]_PFHA03_ebmar.7z

Here's the vanilla head model, along with an edited copy with a unique filename and unique texture name. I've included the ASCII (decompiled) models so you can see what was changed, and in case you want to make further changes yourself, as well as the supermodel if you make changes and recompile. You can use MDLEdit to do so.

Works like a charm now! :cheers:

Thanks DP! I'll see what I can do with it then :respect:

Edited by ebmar
To made notice that the new link work just fine now.