Sign in to follow this  
UnusualCharacters

Sand People Messiah - VO Offer

Hey there, I was looking through the KotOR 1 Restoration thread and noticed that there's a cut element called "Sand People Messiah" with a reason for lack of restoration being that there's "No HK VO."

Just wanted to say that if someone were to ever try and restore this content, I would happily voice any HK lines necessary for it to come into being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you were to help bring such a quest to life, I would be forever grateful to you and whoever worked alongside you.

I do believe this messiah content extends onto cut content where you got to rally the Sand People against Czerka and drive them off world like on Kashyyyk though if you'd help Czerka against the sand people you'd get to do sidequests for the president of Czerka on Korriban in the cut Czerka depot though for now, I'm going to ignore these and focus on just the messiah part.

There may be a few places where you can pretend to be a messiah. For all of these, you'd do a persuade option claiming you are a powerful god to which at first they will disbelieve you to which you'd need to perform a certain force power to make them believe you. These powers can include Force Push, Whirlwind, Wave, Shock, Wound, Choke, Stasis, Stun, Stasis Field, Fear, Horror and Insanity. These powers I think a Sand Person could survive and leave the scene believing you to be a god, some powers like Wave and Stasis Field would affect multiple NPCs at a time so if you were in the chiefs room you'd focus your powers like shock on him though if you use force wave every sand person in the area will fall over. Powers like Force Lightning would kill the chief or whoever you are trying to persuade which will make the place turn against you, if you use Force Storm however it'd kill everyone in the area though everyone outside the room will turn hostile instead. Note you need at least one of these powers or else you'd either have to revert to the vanilla way of speaking to them or just kill them.

If you try to use a Force Persuade it shouldn't work as of course that'd be too easy and somewhat boring so in this mod perhaps the Sand People are resistant to mind affects like Jabba is.

The first attempt is at the front door where that one Sand Person realizes you aren't a Sand Person and takes you to the chief. You'd get the option to perform a Force Power on this guard and should it successfully persuade him he'll take you to the chieftain to which the chieftain will have a better attitude to you and will grant you whatever you desire as tribute/sacrifice including his gaffi stick, the slaves, the container loot, access to the storyteller without the pearl, the map to the dune sea etc. If you wish to wipe out the sand people you can do this by talking to the friendlier chief.

The second attempt would be when you are taken to the Cheif where instead of asking what does he want you'd claim to be a god to which he asks you to prove such before he'd believe it to which you'd obviously use a force power on him. He'd panic and pretty much beg for mercy and offer anything Revan demands as tribute/sacrifice including the things I've listed above. 

In vanilla talking to patrolling sand people gets you dialogue like "[This sand person is resisting the urge to kill you by keeping silent]" so as the sand people know you are a god perhaps change that to "[This sand person is clearly deathly afraid of you and refuses to converse with you]". Something I'd like to point out is I have not found dialogue for HK-47 in the game or TLK file about being a Messiah or anything like that and I'm not sure how this cut content was even founded.

This is my idea for now, feel free to improve upon it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

I do believe this messiah content extends onto cut content where you got to rally the Sand People against Czerka and drive them off world like on Kashyyyk though if you'd help Czerka against the sand people you'd get to do sidequests for the president of Czerka on Korriban in the cut Czerka depot though for now, I'm going to ignore these and focus on just the messiah part.

There may be a few places where you can pretend to be a messiah. For all of these, you'd do a persuade option claiming you are a powerful god to which at first they will disbelieve you to which you'd need to perform a certain force power to make them believe you. These powers can include Force Push, Whirlwind, Wave, Shock, Wound, Choke, Stasis, Stun, Stasis Field, Fear, Horror and Insanity...

... In vanilla talking to patrolling sand people gets you dialogue like "[This sand person is resisting the urge to kill you by keeping silent]" so as the sand people know you are a god perhaps change that to "[This sand person is clearly deathly afraid of you and refuses to converse with you]". Something I'd like to point out is I have not found dialogue for HK-47 in the game or TLK file about being a Messiah or anything like that and I'm not sure how this cut content was even founded.

This is my idea for now, feel free to improve upon it.

Now that. was. an amazing idea, N-DReW25 😯