A Future Pilot

K2 Community Patch

So everyone...who's up for round 2??

I was originally not intending to start this project until K1CP (KOTOR 1 Community Patch...nifty huh?) was closer to what I would consider complete. However I've had several requests for this, the most pressing of which is Snigaroo is updating his mod builds on the /r/kotor subreddit, and he asked if this could be included.

The initial release of this will most likely only be a compilation (without any original fixes from myself), because of both current time constraints as well as me not knowing of any outstanding bugs not already fixed. However, just as with K1CP, I plan on adding bugfixes as they are reported, and I welcome the community's suggestion, reports, and additions!

As in K1CP, credit will be given in the readme, in the TSLPatcher, and on the download page.

NOTE: K2CP is intended to be used with TSLRCM. Though it may be possible to use it without it, there's no guarantee of compatibility.

NOTE 2: I discovered there has already been a mod titled KOTOR 2 Unofficial Patch, so I'm changing the name to KOTOR 2 Community Patch. I will also be changing the name of the K1 Patch since I think it more closely matches the spirit of the mod anyway :)

These are mods that I have decided should be in the patch, and am requesting permission for. If they have a * symbol, the author has given permission for me to use them.

1. There are several head model issues: TSL Head Model Fixes (redrob41)

2. PMHH01 has some issues not fixed by the TSL Head Model Fixes: PMHH01 Fixed (Squall Lionhart)*

3. Boma beasts have black between their teeth: Boma Beast Teeth Fix 1.0 (Kainzorus Prime)*

4. The Ebon Hawk has a couple panels with bad models: Ebon Hawk Model Fixes 2.0 (bead-v)*

5. A number of items have wrong descriptions or properties: Marauder Fix Pack 1.0.3 (Marauder)*

6. The Serocco guard has a VO that used the wrong actor: Serroco Guard VO Fix 1.0 (N-DReW25)*

7. The walking and running animations are janky: Movement Animation Fix for Both KOTOR and TSL (ZimmMaster)*

8. Various issues: JC's Minor Fixes for K2 1.3 (JCarter426)* [Partial. See his post.]

9. Hologram models display weirdly: Fixed Hologram Models and Admiralty Redux for TSLRCM 1.3 (DarthParametric) [Permission denied by the author]

10. It's possible to not be able to get a starport visa if you let a bounty hunter go: Bounty Hunter Starport Visa Fix 1.0 (N-DReW25)*

11. There's a large gap in the wall in the Harbinger escape pod room: Harbinger Escape Pod Room Hole Fix 1.0 (DarthParametric)*

12. One of the player heads wasn't able to blink or move his eyes: PMHC06 Fixed for TSL (ndix UR)*

13. Various animation issues: JC's Supermodel Fix for K2 1.2 (JCarter426) [Permission denied due to the mod containing assets not created by JCarter426]

14. In the prologue there are remote clones instead of sensor droids: Prologue Sensor Droids Fix (danil-ch)*

15. Prestige classes have worse saving throws than Consulars: TSL Prestige Class Saving Throw fixes 1.0 (Rovan)

16. A few powers have the wrong costs in TSLRCM: Power Cost Correction (Hassat Hunter)

17. A number of textures don't use shaders: Textures Improvement Project (danil-ch)*

18. The model in the galaxy map for Paragus looks nothing like it: Peragus Galaxy Map Change (Kainzorus Prime)*

19. There are several model issues on Peragus: Peragus Administration Level Room Model Fixes (DarthParametric)*

20. The lights in the Harbinger Broom Closet don't work: Harbinger Broom Closet Wall Lights Fix 1.0.0 (DarthParametric)*

These are mods I am considering including in the patch, but would like more feedback on first.

1. Aleema Keto's robes have a non-canon description: Aleema Keto's Robe Description Correction 1.0 (milestails)

2. Kinrath eggs don't drop crystals like in KOTOR 1: Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop (Hassat Hunter) This isn't really a bug, just a continuity issue. I consider it outside the scope of this patch. (If you disagree, feel free to let me know though!)

3. Mandalorian banners use the Star Forge logo instead of the Mandalorian logo: New Mandalorian Banner Fix (Akven) This is already corrected by JC's Minor Fixes

I have a couple of unreleased small fixes - one for a couple of Malachor V surface textures missing/wrongly assigned (more apparent on Intel cards) and one that changes a couple of weird-looking plot item icons to (hopefully?) more reasonable ones. Are you interested?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiliArch said:

I have a couple of unreleased small fixes - one for a couple of Malachor V surface textures missing/wrongly assigned (more apparent on Intel cards) and one that changes a couple of weird-looking plot item icons to (hopefully?) more reasonable ones. Are you interested?

Yeah, definitely! Shoot me a PM! :)

3 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

These are mods I am considering including in the patch, but would like more feedback on first.

Aleema Keto's robes have a non-canon description: Aleema Keto's Robe Description Correction 1.0 (milestails)

Kinrath eggs don't drop crystals like in KOTOR 1: Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop (Hassat Hunter)

Prestige classes have worse saving throws than Consulars: TSL Prestige Class Saving Throw fixes 1.0 (Rovan)

A few powers have the wrong costs in TSLRCM: Power Cost Correction (Hassat Hunter)

Mandalorian banners use the Star Forge logo instead of the Mandalorian logo: New Mandalorian Banner Fix (Akven)

The Mandalorian Banner Fix is included in a different form in JC's Minor Fixes, so it can be excluded. I also think the Aleema Keto RDC and Kinrath bash mods are matters of personal preference and should probably be excluded, but I think the prestige class saving throw error is clearly a bug, and barring correction from HH I feel it likely that power cost correction is also a logical fix. I'd recommend their inclusion, but not the other three.

• Like 2

Just reiterating my previously-issued blanket permissions announcement for the record:

On 3/4/2018 at 3:06 AM, JCarter426 said:

If anybody wants to include any of the Straight Fixes or Resolution Fixes in another mod you may. You have my permission now, so you don't need to ask. That was sort of always my policy with TSLRCM but I'm making it my official policy for everybody now. Just mention me in your credits and we're cool. These are just fixes for the game, so I don't mind if those fixes are included in another mod.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

No, you won't be including this one. There are still elements of it to be revised, and it's far too much of a pain in the ass having multiple distributions of a large mod like that in the wild.

14 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

There's a large gap in the wall in the Harbinger escape pod room: Harbinger Escape Pod Room Hole Fix 1.0 (DarthParametric)

This one should be fine.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, A Future Pilot said:

These are mods that I have decided should be in the patch, and am requesting permission for. If they have a * symbol, the author has given permission for me to use them.

The Droid Anatomy Library doesn't show some of it's damage: Droid Anatomy Library Description Fix 1.0 (Marauder)

Some robes weren't marked as upgradable in their descriptions: Robe Description Fixes 1.0 (Marauder)

Marauder has a Fix Pack that includes both those mods and some other minor fixes:

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/942-marauder-fix-pack/

Things in my mod list that haven't been suggested already:

Head Model Clipping Fix by redrob41
Merchant Inventory Fix by JCarter426
Peragus Galaxy Map Change by Kainzorus Prime
PMHH01 Fixed by Squall Lionhart
Prologue Sensor Droids Fix by danil-ch
Textures Improvement Project by danil-ch

19 minutes ago, darthbdaman said:

This isn't necessary, as it has no effect unless you have other mods installed (and assuming they don't have their own fix, like Sithspecter's does). But I guess if you want to include it, knock yourself out.

5 hours ago, darthbdaman said:

Things in my mod list that haven't been suggested already:

Head Model Clipping Fix by redrob41
Peragus Galaxy Map Change by Kainzorus Prime
PMHH01 Fixed by Squall Lionhart
Prologue Sensor Droids Fix by danil-ch
Textures Improvement Project by danil-ch

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll address them one at a time:

1. Head Model Clipping Fix - If this is the one you're talking about, it's actually already included in the list! If you mean a different one, let me know!

2. JC's Merchant Inventory Fix - As JC mentioned, this doesn't actually do anything without other mods installed, so I think I'll skip it for the patch

3. Peragus Galaxy Map Change - I don't think this is really a bugfix, more just a texture improvement, so it doesn't make sense for the patch IMO

4. PMHH01 Fixed - As far as I can tell this fix is included in the Head Model Clipping Fix. If not, let me know!

5. Prologue Sensor Droids Fix - This does look like an oversight by the creators. I'll add it to the list! Thanks!

6. Textures Improvement Project - This one's tricky. Though it's technically a fix, IMO the hutts and the mandalorians really look bad with shaders applied. I do like the droids though. If danil-ch would be alright with me including just the droid fixes, I'd do it, but otherwise I'll leave it out

Thanks again for your feedback! I'm sorry so much of it isn't really what I want for the patch, but please don't let that prevent you from making more suggestions in the future! :)

You have my permission.

2 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

This one's tricky. Though it's technically a fix, IMO the hutts and the mandalorians really look bad with shaders applied.

They all look just like in K1.

3 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

3. Peragus Galaxy Map Change - I don't think this is really a bugfix, more just a texture improvement, so it doesn't make sense for the patch IMO

Well, it does fix the issue that the 3d model of Peragus doesn't look like Peragus at all. I'd definetly call that a fix, even though it's not a bugfix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kexikus said:

Well, it does fix the issue that the 3d model of Peragus doesn't look like Peragus at all. I'd definetly call that a fix, even though it's not a bugfix.

I'm afraid it was my misunderstanding of which mod was being referred to that probably encouraged AFP to dismiss it. I didn't realize it was referring to the Peragus 3D model, and not the Peragus icon as it appeared on the galaxy map. I shouldn't give advice so late in the evening.

Given what the original problem is and what the mod does, I think it's clear the original 3D model was the product of an oversight or the dev squeeze, which merits correction.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 10:09 PM, A Future Pilot said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll address them one at a time:

4. PMHH01 Fixed - As far as I can tell this fix is included in the Head Model Clipping Fix. If not, let me know!

I give permission for this one to be used, since apparently everyone likes it :)

On 5/31/2018 at 2:07 AM, danil-ch said:

You have my permission.

Thank you!! Since you quoted me regarding your Textures Improvement Project along with this, I'm assuming you're referring to it as well. If you're not, please let me know!

54 minutes ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

I'll allow it.

Thank you! May I also use your Peragus Galaxy Map Change mod?