Sign in to follow this  
onderduiker

[KotOR] Are disruptor pistols and rifles bugged?

I've checked recently, and the damage of a Disruptor Pistol and Rifle (physical in descriptions, but universal in Feedback) can be absorbed by Mandalorian Shields (bludgeoning, piercing and slashing) and resisted by Brejik's Armband (5/- vs. Slashing) or Belt (5/- vs. Bludgeoning): the latter struck me as particularly odd.

The +2 Enhancement Bonus of a Mandalorian Ripper or Zabrak Disruptor Cannon is also physical in descriptions but universal in Feedback, and this can not be absorbed by Mandalorian Shields or resisted by Brejik's Armband or Belt, which is how I think universal damage is supposed to work (like the +5 universal damage bonus on Malak's Lightsaber, it can only be reduced by Improved or Wookiee Toughness).

Well, you're not wrong. I'm not sure if it's a bug or developer intent, however. The damage flag for disruptors is set to 7 (aka 1 + 2 + 4) which is bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage rather than universal, which would be 8.

For what it's worth, Obsidian changed it to 16, acid, which was a NWN leftover. It could be done for K1. I don't recall if anything else in either game deals acid damage, or if anything grants resistance to acid, though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'd looked at damageflags in baseitems.2da, but didn't know that 7 wasn't universal.

Forest Kinraths and Forest Kinrath Stalkers on Kashyyyk's Great Walkway can inflict 1-4 acid damage in the first game, but that's about it I think.

From NWScript:

int    DAMAGE_TYPE_BLUDGEONING  = 1;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_PIERCING     = 2;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_SLASHING     = 4;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL    = 8;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_ACID         = 16;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_COLD         = 32;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_LIGHT_SIDE   = 64;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICAL   = 128;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE         = 256;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_DARK_SIDE    = 512;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_SONIC        = 1024;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_ION          = 2048;
int    DAMAGE_TYPE_BLASTER      = 4096;

7 = 1 + 2 + 4 so it's bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage. Interestingly, that makes it weaker than any weapon with only one of those flags (with respect to the damage flag alone - all other properties aside) judging by what you say, as it sounds like it can be blocked by any of three things rather than just one.

• Thanks 1