DarthParametric

New Site Layout/Format

I'm experiencing a problem with the reply window on my phone. Whenever I move the input cursor thingy somewhere else to edit already written text, it jumps me to the top of the reply window. If I have quoted a long message, I have to scroll down to get back to my message every time, so it's really annoying. I hope something can be done about that.

On the old Deadlystream whenever someone replied to a topic it appeared under "topics" on the main screen with the icon of whoever replied to the topic and a little bit of text as to what they said in the thread (This text was later reduced as people kept seeing spoilers for movies pop up). On the new Deadlystream, however, instead of showing the icon of who replied to the thread it shows the icon of who started the thread for example if I reply to this thread it shows DarthParametrics icon. Can this be changed back to how it used to be?

When looking at an image in Gallery, there is this accessible "Search..." button that is "out of bounds".

And it does concern me...

Out of Bounds' Search Bar 2.0.PNG

Edit: It is fixed now! Impressive, @Tyvokka! :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
To made a notice that the infamous out-of-bounds' "Search..." bar is has been removed now.

11 hours ago, bead-v said:

I'm experiencing a problem with the reply window on my phone. Whenever I move the input cursor thingy somewhere else to edit already written text, it jumps me to the top of the reply window. If I have quoted a long message, I have to scroll down to get back to my message every time, so it's really annoying. I hope something can be done about that.

What type of phone, os version and web browser are you using? 

11 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

I just wanted to mention that the link to request a Modder's Account in the Work In Progress forum is dead. Are Modder's Accounts even a thing anymore?

Modders account will still be a thing, I just need to update how people can apply / sign up for them. 

5 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

On the old Deadlystream whenever someone replied to a topic it appeared under "topics" on the main screen with the icon of whoever replied to the topic and a little bit of text as to what they said in the thread (This text was later reduced as people kept seeing spoilers for movies pop up). On the new Deadlystream, however, instead of showing the icon of who replied to the thread it shows the icon of who started the thread for example if I reply to this thread it shows DarthParametrics icon. Can this be changed back to how it used to be?

I believe this can be changed, I will have to test it a bit before deploying. 

39 minutes ago, Tyvokka said:

What type of phone, os version and web browser are you using?

Sony Xperia XA1, Android 8.0.0, Mozilla Firefox

I have a request. I just uploaded a new mod for the first time since the overhaul (much nicer, by the way) and I noticed there's an option to follow the file. Selecting this, however, does not make me follow the corresponding support topic for the mod. So it would be nice if it did both.

I'd also prefer this to be on by default, but that's a lesser issue.

• Like 3

I had a new thought: you know how the site now gives a brief snippet of the latest post in a thread on the main page?  Though I don't care about spoilers for Solo (which I won't be seeing until it comes to the remote island I live on) or The Last Jedi which I've already seen - some thread's posts body of text probably shouldn't seen on the main page.  Is there a way to set up a SPOILER tag that if activated won't show that text on the main page?  (Off-topic: Looks like those movie threads are still toxic.  Glad I don't go in them anymore.)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

I had a new thought: you know how the site now gives a brief snippet of the latest post in a thread on the main page?  Though I don't care about spoilers for Solo (which I won't be seeing until it comes to the remote island I live on) or The Last Jedi which I've already seen - some thread's posts body of text probably shouldn't seen on the main page.  Is there a way to set up a SPOILER tag that if activated won't show that text on the main page?  (Off-topic: Looks like those movies threads are still toxic.  Glad I don't go in them anymore.)

(I wish I hadn't opened it and posted myself. I knew it was going to be a bad idea, and did it anyway.)

I concur about the body of text on the main page. Do we have to see so much of the text, or any at all? Perhaps a one line snippet.

9 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The activity page has an option for a condensed version. Perhaps that could also be applied to the sidebar?

Oh that's too cool. Does it also show when someone uploads a new mod?

I love the mods page. It's so cool and nicer than the old one. I think I mentioned that already.

I probably can change it, it will need to be something custom I do, not something I am looking to do immediately. 

If I may be so bold as to double post: I am not getting any notification for comments ("reviews", technically?) left on a mod's download page. I get an email because I am following it but otherwise I would have no clue.

While we are on the subject of these reviews, all the old ones appear to have been eaten in the site update. I assume these are now lost forever?

Whenever I get a new message, I also get a notification. This annoys me, so I go to the notification options to change it, and the option is there, but it says toggling it is disabled by the administrator. Why is that?

• Like 4

It seems like editing an autogenerated post  created in the release forum breaks its initial formatting, including losing the "view file" button. It sure would be helpful to be able to see the underlying BBCode.....

I believe it's CSS now. I didn't actually edit mine, but I went in there and I was able to see the source code (leftmost button above the description panel). It didn't look like anything was broken, but again I didn't actually save the edit.

Yeah looking at the source it appears the button isn't an image but a CSS element

<a href="https://deadlystream.com/files/file/xxxxx" class="ipsButton ipsButton_primary ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_small">View File</a>

I guess I'll just make my own button then. With blackjack, and hookers.

Bender_Blackjack_Hookers.jpg

DS_View_File_Button.jpg

• Haha 3

For the Download section: When looking through a particular user's mods, could you give the option to sort by how many downloads each mod has had?  (I'd like to be able to glance and see what my top 5 mods from time to time.)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

For the Download section: When looking through a particular user's mods, could you give the option to sort by how many downloads each mod has had?  (I'd like to be able to glance and see what my top 5 mods from time to time.)

I second this suggestion.

• Thanks 1

So in my GenoHaradan Legacy WIP thread, I cannot create a Poll so people can vote on what Selkath VO they want to see in the mod. Any idea's on why I can't do this?

The thread was made before the new site update if that matters.