ebmar

Adding Filters to Vanilla .WAV?

Is it possible to edit and/or add filters to vanilla .WAV?

What I'm trying to do; I am looking to edit & add filters to "nm27aasith07002_"- it is a .WAV file located in the streamwaves folder. The problem occured; when I played the file on any media player, it only buzzed and no voice line to be heard of. And when I put the file to any audio-editing software available, there is no wave to edit to.

Any constructive feedback is very much appreciated- Thanks! :cheers:

Okay, this site is woah. Anyways, ebmar you need Miles Sound Tool, which used to be freeware. 

I've found a reddit post that explains how you'd do it. > 

I meant to leave it as a link, but this update has me confused. Nevertheless, once you've done all that has been said to do in that reddit, you can then use any audio editing software like audacity to edit the audio in whatever way you'd like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jc2 said:

Okay, this site is woah. Anyways, ebmar you need Miles Sound Tool, which used to be freeware. 

I've found a reddit post that explains how you'd do it. > 

I meant to leave it as a link, but this update has me confused. Nevertheless, once you've done all that has been said to do in that reddit, you can then use any audio editing software like audacity to edit the audio in whatever way you'd like. 

Thanks for sharing jc2! I'll check them out soon as I am sure there are lots of things could be done with its guidance then 😉

And you were right, this site is really something now 👽

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Just to confirm jc2's post,  here is the result of following the instructions as stated.

nm27aasith07002_.7z

Whaaat 😵 Thank you SH! You did the job for me- thank you thank you. You know we're still in May but I already nominated you as "the Masters of the year" 😜

I'm going to update this topic in regards of progress I'm currently doing now if you guys don't mind.

And once again, a big THANKS to you all! :cheers:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Whaaat 😵 Thank you SH! You did the job for me- thank you thank you.

Well, I wanted to try it out myself and I have both games and both programs installed already so . . . it made sense to do it.

• Like 2

Does anyone have Miles Sound Tool that would work on something newer than XP, though? The 32-bit installer I have doesn’t run on 64-bit 8.1 (which I’m using. No, I won’t switch to 10 without buying a new computer) and the 64-bit installer I got from FS does install, but the installed program doesn’t actually save any files I’m trying to convert.

1 hour ago, LiliArch said:

Does anyone have Miles Sound Tool that would work on something newer than XP, though?

Unfortunately I don't Lili. But I just figured something out while ago 😁 Hope I'm not talking out of topic right now but, did you try to edit and/or add filters to vanilla sounds Lili?

7 hours ago, LiliArch said:

Does anyone have Miles Sound Tool that would work on something newer than XP, though? The 32-bit installer I have doesn’t run on 64-bit 8.1 (which I’m using. No, I won’t switch to 10 without buying a new computer) and the 64-bit installer I got from FS does install, but the installed program doesn’t actually save any files I’m trying to convert.

Let me know what sound files you need in a PM.  I have it working on my computer and I could take care of it for you, assuming you don't need every single file at once.

7 hours ago, ebmar said:

Unfortunately I don't Lili. But I just figured something out while ago 😁 Hope I'm not talking out of topic right now but, did you try to edit and/or add filters to vanilla sounds Lili?

I was going to splice some lines, but failed at the ”decompress” step, since... you know, ”not saving” and all that. (It claims to be working just fine, new files simply don’t appear anywhere. Unless my antivirus is going awry, of which I have no proof of, it’s very confusing.)

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Let me know what sound files you need in a PM.  I have it working on my computer and I could take care of it for you, assuming you don't need every single file at once.

Well technically, I still do have a working XP machine with a working installation of Miles Sound Tool, so I could just as well use that, but old computers are not forever, so I’m trying to switch all functions to my newer one. Including my modding tools. I’ll PM you if all else fails, but I’ll try to cover my basis first.

4 hours ago, LiliArch said:

I was going to splice some lines, but failed at the ”decompress” step, since... you know, ”not saving” and all that.

There was this trick, and it works for me. But first of all, the program I am using on this process is Fruity Loops. I don't know if Audacity, Cubase or elses would do. The point is, you could actually edit the vanilla ".WAV" without having it decompressed by Miles' and then convert and saving again; all like a charm.

First, copy the file that you want to work on and then paste it to a brand new folder. Second, change the file [the one that you paste to the new folder] extension from .WAV to .MP3.

Third, you could just drag-and-drop the .MP3 file to the track section of the program you were using [in this case I am using Fruity Loops]. Fourth and final step; do what you want, and then you could just save and convert the project either to .MP3 or .WAV.

As if quoted from ndix UR; "working in lossless and exporting to lossy is just a general best practice". This process doesn't seem to work like one unfortunately 🤔

Hope this works for you, and/or everyone reading it :cheers:

Yeah, well. Audacity imports them if you change the file extension, but they sound like a mess. Something to do with the compression algorithm perhaps. (Then again, I didn’t try to drag a file straight to the track. On the other hand, I’m not sure Audacity works that way - or that it would import the file differently in that case.)