Sign in to follow this  
Todd Hellid

EAX sound problems with Kotor 2 The Sith Lords

I have a Windows 10 64bit computer with a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI HD USB audio external sound card. I'm using the GOG version of The Sith Lords game and with EAX3 turned on the sound makes crackle and pops sounds. It also loses sync with the characters when they speak. Anyone have similar issues like this? When I first installed the game the sound worked fine. After playing it for a while it got messed up.

Sometimes they get automatically generated if you delete them, but I’m not sure if it works here. Me, I just keep backups of clean files. Quite easy in that case. :/

You may need a reinstall. Then again, you could make a backup copy/rename the existing game folder, make a clean install, copy the new .ini file and overwrite the one in the modded game folder in there, and then move everything back. Quite a heavy procedure, but it gets the job done, and you don’t lose your modded stuff.

Or maybe you can do a fresh install to a brand new folder; run the game, copy the .ini file from the fresh installed one & then paste-overwrite it to the modded game folder you have. I think it'll work too for alternatives :turned:

What's the bitrate set at? Go to Control Panel -> Sound, select your active device in the list, click Properties. Under the Advanced tab, check what it is set to. For example, mine is set to 24bit, 48,000KHz. Certain settings will cause crackling in some games.

Are you using a Realtek onboard sound chip? It happens with those as well. I thought by buying a real soundcard the problem would go away.