Sith Holocron

Korriban Expansion: Modernizing an Older Mod (WIP)

Dudeeee that VO made my day. It's so good, a little more fast pace than his original VO but that's by far the best imitation I've heard in any mod (kotor or other games). Great job.

• Thanks 1

Damn, first HK, then Atton, now Jolee! This guy's the Mark Hamill of Star Wars voices!

...maybe I should reword that -.-'

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, DarthVarkor said:

Sorry to bump, but, any further progress with this project?

Perhaps.  Depends on how soon Ndix Ur and/or Newbiemodder read this blog and decide what to do next.

Update 23NOV2018: Neither of them have read the PM about JC's blog yet.

Hey NewbieModder and Ndix Ur. Forgive the bump but has there been any more luck with the project so far? Any updates coming around soon?

• Like 1

Time for the semi-annual bump and request for progress updates.

Alright everyone. For those of us who've anxiously awaited a status update...

Here's what's up as far as I can tell.

Everything is done except lip-syncing. SithHolocron left only after he had done everything he could to help, so don't worry.

Source

In order to lip-sync lines in KoTOR and TSL, we need a tool called CLUS, developed by the university of Oregon to generate phonemes based on audio files.

(Basically if you have a text file with the written dlg and a spoken audio file it'll match the two up and lip-sync the dialogue.)

The university of Oregon's servers went down a while back, which prevents anyone else from installing the mod.

However, a user here by the name of Jenko managed to get in contact with the people at the University of Oregon.

They sent him the installer and have given him permission to redistribute it.

Source

So at this point it seems that there are no more roadblocks and there's no need to worry.

I hope by posting this I haven't violated any rules.

If so, please alert me immediately and I'll take it down.

@Mamita, none of this is new news. In order for anything to move forward, @ndix UR and @newbiemodderwould have to either get the lip synching done themselves or hand over what they've done to someone willing to do the work. @JCarter426previously offered to do the lip syncing. However both @ndix URand @newbiemodderare incommunicado.  Bumping this thread will accomplish diddly squat.  Your best bet?  PM them.

I would offer to help out with the lip-syncing stuff myself, however, I am about to move house so I will be very busy for the next few weeks.

But in regards to the lip-syncing itself, it shouldn't require external help from those who already have the software anymore. As @Mamita pointed out, the version of the software that Jenko has provided works perfectly fine on Windows 7 I believe, it just refuses to work on Win10. The solution to this, which I use myself, is to run Win7 via a virtual machine on your PC, then simply transfer the .phn files back to your main OS after the makephn.tcl has finished it's thing.

The point is moot.  The other two guys have the materials and fixes (or only Ndix UR) follow this thread. Unless one of you can contact Ndix UR and have him finish what was started, what's the point?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - and so often in this thread. Perhaps this thread can be locked until the aforementioned two respond?

This is true.

Without any of the lead devs absolutely nothing is going to happen.

So until then all we can do is wait.

My apologies for the disturbance.

Locking. They can PM me to re-open if/when its needed.

• Thanks 2