Sith Holocron

Korriban Expansion: Modernizing an Older Mod (WIP)

Just now, Mellowtron11 said:

Will you be announcing the remaining VO actors' roles at the end of the week on Thursday or Friday like you planned?

Newbiemodder said he would be announcing them.  As it's his project, it's only fitting that he do the honors.

21 minutes ago, Mellowtron11 said:

Sounds great! Looking forward to the end of the week then.

So say we all.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:34 PM, Sith Holocron said:

OK, after discussing the subject with Newbiemodder, he'd like to have our female Revan to have a British accent.  That somewhat limits our field of voice actors a bit but I'm willing to spend a small amount of money through Fiverr to hire a voice actress for this purpose.  (I'll smoke less pack of cigarettes this week, I guess.)

There are caveats.

• I am willing to spend $5 dollars (plus Fiverr's regular fee that isn't shown on performer's page) on this endeavor.
  • Though Newbiemodder will have the final say on who gets chosen, you can point out your favorites using links on this page.
  • The script that the voice actress will be using is The Sith Code.  The Sith Code - including the title - is 53 words long. (This is important when making choices as the voice actresses choose how many words per each 5 dollars - and I'm limiting this to 5 dollars.)
  • In addition to the Fiverr page, if any women here would still like to try out for the Revan part, you'll have to use a UK accent, and post the video and be prepared to send an audio file as referred to in the last post. 
  • We are not looking for North American, French, or any other accents. It's Newbiemodder's choice for the character and let's not hassle him about it.

Thank you for your interest and your continued support.

I'm personally leaning towards using this voice actress for female Revan.  What do you all think?

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

I'm personally leaning towards using this voice actress for female Revan.  What do you all think?

She's cute... Oh- I mean I heard her voice already! and I think that role would suit her very well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Seems very professional to me! I bet she could do exactly what you're looking for. Very clear, bright voice in her preview - I'm interested in seeing how she'll darken up her tone for the role.

• Like 3

Another update here: a "beta" result of an attempt to mix UnusualCharacters' submitted voice to make it sounds like Darth Revan like the one in SW:ToR. Now this one is voice only preview, while the former has background music playing- as Sith Holocron suggested, I am taking them off. This is as far as I can go right now with the attempt but actually is pleased with the end-result. As time goes by- and some tutorials dive-in , I'll try to figure out how to do it legitimately.

Note: If you hear some clip and noises coming from the voice- those were intended. Referring to the Republic Shadow of Revan Ending; when Revan speaks, it produce some noises like a broken microphone or something I haven't figured out 100%. I am certain my execution is not as smooth as the reference there, but self-assured it is on the right track.

At last, any constructive questions and feedbacks is very much appreciated! :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So . . . updates.

1. Newbiemodder attempted to open the sound files but he said they were corrupted.  I repackaged them and sent to him this morning.  I also sent them to two other people and one of them has said no issues were detected.  Keep in mind that this package was only the actors I personally chose for the roles.  (I'm sending the rest of the submissions I have received today.)

2. Newbiemodder weighs in on the British female and I quote:

The British female Revan actress sounds good to me.

The Fiverr order has been placed. Even if the actress isn't used, I'll try to make a video utilizing what I received. (No waste!)

3. I am still looking for auditions for Jolee and Jett Darklighter.  Even if you don't want to try out for these parts, I'll point out the following: There's a thread for both in this Reddit thread.  There's a Reddit thread for only Jett Darklighter here

4. Questions about Fiverr can be asked of me in PMs and I'll try to answer using my limited experience.  I don't really want to clutter the thread with off-topic stuff if possible.

The following characters will have their voice actors name's released by Newbiemodder in this thread tonight:

Darth Fang, Ezer Arden, Sith Cleric 1, Sith Cleric 2, Grunt, Revan (male version), and the Slave.

• Like 2

After going through the voice files collected by Sith Holocron, we're going to go with the followong:

Darth Fang: Trayusstudent

Sith Cleric 1: Darth Varkor

Sith Cleric 2: Mellowtron

Grunt: UnusualCharacters

Slave: UnusualCharacters

Ever Arden: Darth Varkor

Revan(male): UnusualCharacters 

I want to thank everyone that has submitted voice samples. They were all really good. There are a lot of talented modders out there. I am humbled that so many of you decided to volunteer your time and talents into upgrading a 7 year old mod. It took me about 3 years to make it. A lot of late hours at the computer after the kids had gone to bed.  I really learned as I went along, trying new things,  trial and error.  Hope you've enjoyed it.

NM.

Personally, I think this is a little scheme by Sith Holocron to relight by modding fire. We'll see. There is some unfinished business out there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, newbiemodder said:

Personally, I think this is a little scheme by Sith Holocron to relight my modding fire. We'll see. There is some unfinished business out there.

Me have a devious plan?  Ridiculous, I say!

Oh, here's a bonus video for you all.

• Like 2

Wooo! We finally got the list! Thanks again SH and Newbiemodder for going through everything! And great job to all the VO artists too!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Especially UnusualCharacters- who's gonna' be real busy voicing 3 different roles there 😁.

Possibly 4 roles, unless we get another participant to challenge him for the Jolee part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have an acquaintance  who's a pretty good voice actor, though I don't think he's ever played the KOTOR games. If he were willing, is there a sample sound file I could send him for him to emulate and see if he'd work for y'all?

Unless he can portray Jolee Bindo or a 10 year old convincingly, I'm not sure there's a point.

But if he wants to try, here's a video of Jolee Bindo featuring plenty of examples of his voice.

Jett Darklighter (open to anyone that can realistically perform as a 10 year old - yes, that means this role is open to women and men)

Think Anakin Skywalker from Phantom Menace, but a lot "cooler." A boy whose Force abilities are just starting to blossom . Confident but innocent. He has faced some tragedy with the loss of his parents, but it has not discouraged nor diminished his optimism. His parents started him on his journey to be a Jedi, and he is determined to finish it. A likable character.

Jett is from Tatooine. He's a Darklighter which was the same family that will give us Biggs Darklighter, Luke Skywalker's boyhood friend and hero (Biggs' x-wing is destroyed by Darth Vader during the attack on the Death Star). From Jett's dialog, it is implied that he was in Anchorhead during the events of Kotor 1, and felt the presence of the K1 player character.

Your audition lines are:

746jett003: Jett Darklighter. Why?

746jett004: Are you a Jedi?

746jett005: I don't know. Just a feeling I have, I guess. It's like something calling out to me.

746jett006: Once, I think. Back home on Tatooine a few years ago, I was with my parents in the port of Anchorhead when I felt someone or something through the crowd.

746jett007: Well, since you asked, I'm faster and quicker than most other kids when we play. I can kind of see things happening before they actually do. Oh, and I have these dreams.

Jolee Bindo

The largest role and - c'mon - you know who Jolee Bindo is.. 'Nuff said about his background.

Here are the audition lines for you:

740jolee001: Well, I wasn't expecting anyone, so if you've come for dinner...you're late.

740jolee002: Hmph! Well, if it's not food you want then what can I do for you?

740jolee004: Ah, what is there to tell? Jolee Bindo is the crazy old man wandering this dangerous world. I'm content with the impression I give.

740jolee017: I can't recall that we've met before, although the memory is not what it once was. Do you know Hartoth or Andor Vex?

740jolee018: Too bad. Ah, the stories I could tell you.

I have asked DarthVarkor to make a little video so we can hear the female Darth Revan lines along with some action.  He hasn't made it yet because I've only just now sent him the sound file.  (No rush, DV!)  My intention is for us all to see the video at the same time, including me.  I've given him some suggestions on shots but he'll have final cut.

I received a different voice sample for feamle Revan from someone else which was interesting but I'm hoping that I can convince her to try out for Jett Darklighter.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

I have handed in the female Darth Revan line I received from the Fiverr voice actress to ndix UR and Newbiemodder so they may listen to it.  The line has no filters on it at this time. So there's that. DarthVarkor wants to give the 

I am curious about something folks.  I received lots of good takes from a number of people for the characters.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested  if I released the voice lines as a separate (with the appropriate lip sync which I'd need assistance with) - so folks could extend the life of the mod by having alternate voices available.  This would solve (for some people) minor issues such as Darth Revan having a British accent instead of an North American one.  (I have a few more non British samples coming.)  Even if I were to do something like this, I'd need to wait for the main updated mod to be finished and I'd want Newbiemodder's permission to proceed.  Oh BTW . . . ebmar?  If you want a French accented woman to do Darth Revan's line, this paragraph outlines your opportunity to shell out some dough and get it done. (I'd want a sample both with and without filters. If you actually want to do this, PM me.)

4 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Oh BTW . . . ebmar?  If you want a French accented woman to do Darth Revan's line, this paragraph outlines your opportunity to shell out some dough and get it done. (I'd want a sample both with and without filters. If you actually want to do this, PM me.)

I am sorry I did not follow your line 100% sure here SH but, did you expected me to do VO for French accented female Darth Revan? 🤣 [that would be impossible - saying it with grunty voice]

Or maybe to find some talents to fill in the role? [that would be possible - but I can't guarantee anything, I've been busy with another project here].

3 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I am sorry I did not follow your line 100% sure here SH but, did you expected me to do VO for French accented female Darth Revan? 🤣 [that would be impossible - saying it with grunty voice]

Or maybe to find some talents to fill in the role? [that would be possible - but I can't guarantee anything, I've been busy with another project here].

Well . .  it was just that you were being a pain in the ass in one of my Status Updates where you were claiming you found a voice actress for 50 dollars to do the lines.  The quote above from concerning you was really: put up or shut up. So I was kind of calling you in particular out for being that guy. Don't be that guy and try to derail or hijack my Updates or threads.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

This would solve (for some people) minor issues such as Darth Revan having a British accent instead of an North American one.  (I have a few more non British samples coming.) 

As a fellow Brit, I support this. British Revan all the way :P 

Anyway, as SH mentioned, I've been tasked with creating the cutscene involving Revan delivering her lines. I plan on starting on that today, hopefully. In the mean time, I've been playing around with some filters for Revan's voice. One was following a tutorial for a Revan filter online, and the others based on several Kylo Ren type voice tutorials. Let me know what you guys think!

Filter 1.wav

Filter 2.mp3

Filter 3.mp3

Filter 4.mp3

• Like 2