Sith Holocron

Korriban Expansion: Modernizing an Older Mod (WIP)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to do a Darth Malak filter?  We'll be needing one . . . for Darth Malak.

7 hours ago, mrmann said:

https://youtu.be/JH1YifXfwQQ

my audition for Ezer Arden

also Darth Sion "peace is a lie, there is only..." line could use a remake and also he needs one for a female exile playthrough, because in the files there's only a "you will not harm him" voice line for sion not a "you will not harm her" voice line. thankfully i can make that.

here you go:

https://youtu.be/RUusN9vJoCw

The gender conditional should be there in the dialog conditional with t he appropriate voice file from gsme.

• Like 1

Just now, newbiemodder said:

The gender conditional should be there in the dialog conditional with t he appropriate voice file from gsme.

yeah i realized that. shows how much i remember.

also, how do you think of my audition of Ezer Arden, just curious.

3 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to do a Darth Malak filter?  We'll be needing one . . . for Darth Malak.

A preview of an as-close-as-it-could-gets attempt to filter Malak voice to sounds like Darth Malak in KotOR. Keep in mind that this is not my voice 😂

I got the file from SH while ago & have a get go with this attempt.

Sounds like the voice of Darth Malak in KotOR has multiple layer on his track; I decided to go with two layers and do some edits to them with this result.

The program I am using is Fruity Loops.

Any constructive feedbacks and/or questions are very much appreciated! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First of all, that is an amazing auditory likeness to Malak! 

That said, it sounds a bit like  Vanilla Malak has another voice mixed in with his which makes it a bit distorted. 

A possible way to fix it or mitigate that distortion could be done by trimming some of the mid 200 hertz range or boosting more of the higher freqencies via an EQ filter in Audacity (or Frootyloops if it has one. ) If you send me the files, I can try doing that for you if you like. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Malkior said:

First of all, that is an amazing auditory likeness to Malak! 

That said, it sounds a bit like  Vanilla Malak has another voice mixed in with his which makes it a bit distorted. 

A possible way to fix it or mitigate that distortion could be done by trimming some of the mid 200 hertz range or boosting more of the higher freqencies via an EQ filter in Audacity (or Frootyloops if it has one. ) If you send me the files, I can try doing that for you if you like. 

Wow that was some insights there Malkior; thanks for sharing! :cheers:

And yes, after I do a preview test it really sounds that the vanilla Darth Malak's voice has a little bit of-or much "low-mid rattling" frequencies in his voice. Some modulation tweak maybe?

I already put a modulation filter there but decided to keep it low.

Would you like me to send the file to you or let SH do it? And which one do you need; the vanilla or the filtered one?

And thank you for your appreciation- some motivation for me there 😁

• Like 1

I'm working on Jolee now, but I love Revan and his voice was the best part of vanilla TOR for me, so I tried to channel some Jeff Bennett for you.

EDIT: Added my quick take on the rest of the guys you posted as well.

Revan.wav

AndTheRest.wav

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ebmar said:

A preview of an as-close-as-it-could-gets attempt to filter Malak voice to sounds like Darth Malak in KotOR. Keep in mind that this is not my voice 😂

I got the file from SH while ago & have a get go with this attempt.

Sounds like the voice of Darth Malak in KotOR has multiple layer on his track; I decided to go with two layers and do some edits to them with this result.

The program I am using is Fruity Loops.

Any constructive feedbacks and/or questions are very much appreciated! :cheers:

what program did you use and what effects and filters were used? just curious

2 hours ago, mrmann said:

what program did you use and what effects and filters were used? just curious

I use FL Studio 12 Producer Edition to be specific. There are 2 effects and/or filters I am using; first is Vocodex and second is "Hardcore" modulator.

I'd say lots of tweaking had been done to both plug-ins, but the vocal point of this attempt is: Using multiple layers of vanilla Malak's voice.

So . . . I crashed about 6 hours ago and I awoke to a flurry of activity on this thread.

1) Ezer Arden as performed by mrmann has been approved by Newbiemodder. Congrats to mrmann!  This now shall now be considered as filled and will be struck-through accordingly. mrmann, please forward the lines to me via PM ASAP.

2) ebmar,  I really like that Darth Malak voice effect.  Bravo!  I have saved the sound file you sent me via PM to my work folder.  Might I suggest posting a tutorial  for the Darth Malak voice filter in the Tutorials section?

3) UnusualCharacter's and LiliArch's submissions sound files have saved to the work folder for review later.  That is, I will listen to the submissions later today but Newbiemodder will listen submissions later this week.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this project!

14 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

"Peace is a Lie" huh? Already on that.  

It ain't perfect but it's better than what was there.

However, I am confused why would you remake a line that exists in the game?  "Do not harm her. I command it" is already in the game, isn't it? (It's line "702sion027".)  I'll likely requesting they use the lines I made for Leilukin's Darth Sion and Male Exile Mod to replace the other (male focused) ones currently in the mod.

hey ndix UR!  Is there any chance we get both gender recognized in that conversation?

Recently replayed the mod as a female character, sion still says "do not harm him" hopefully that gets corrected.

Update: A little heads up folks.  At this point we have a lot of submissions to go through so - for the time being - the role are restricted to the following characters.

Jolee Bindo - Our largest role!

Jett Darklighter - a 10 year old male child (Women can try out for this role if they are so inclined.) - our second largest role.

Revan (Female Version) - It's only one line but hey, you could be Revan!

10 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

So . . . I crashed about 6 hours ago and I awoke to a flurry of activity on this thread.

1) Ezer Arden as performed by mrmann has been approved by Newbiemodder. Congrats to mrmann!  This now shall now be considered as filled and will be struck-through accordingly. mrmann, please forward the lines to me via PM ASAP.

2) ebmar,  I really like that Darth Malak voice effect.  Bravo!  I have saved the sound file you sent me via PM to my work folder.  Might I suggest posting a tutorial  for the Darth Malak voice filter in the Tutorials section?

3) UnusualCharacter's and LiliArch's submissions sound files have saved to the work folder for review later.  That is, I will listen to the submissions later today but Newbiemodder will listen submissions later this week.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this project!

Congrats mrmann! And thank you SH, it is my pleasure to be involved in this project :cheers:

Thank you for suggesting me to post a tutorial for the Darth Malak's voice filter. I'm taking it into consideration; as I have to gather all materials needed for the tutorial.

As for UnusualCharacter and LiliArch, I am looking forward to hearing your voices in-game! Soon as I get this seems-like-forever KotOR playthrough done 💀

18 hours ago, UnusualCharacters said:

I'm working on Jolee now, but I love Revan and his voice was the best part of vanilla TOR for me, so I tried to channel some Jeff Bennett for you.

EDIT: Added my quick take on the rest of the guys you posted as well.

Revan.wav

AndTheRest.wav

Great stuff man, that impression is near identical to TOR's Revan.

Nice work on the Malak filter too, ebmar!

16 hours ago, ebmar said:

I use FL Studio 12 Producer Edition to be specific. There are 2 effects and/or filters I am using; first is Vocodex and second is "Hardcore" modulator.

I'd say lots of tweaking had been done to both plug-ins, but the vocal point of this attempt is: Using multiple layers of vanilla Malak's voice.

Seriously, ebmar, you must have spent hours getting those two effects down, but it was worth it! Congrats on getting the role!

And same goes to you too, Mrmann.! Congrats, and thanks for making these various mod videos, including the K2 Korriban expansion playthrough.

15 minutes ago, Mellowtron11 said:

Seriously, ebmar, you must have spent hours getting those two effects down, but it was worth it! Congrats on getting the role!

1 hour ago, DarthVarkor said:

Nice work on the Malak filter too, ebmar!

Fortunately Mellowtron11, I already got the vision of "what I must do on this occasion" which helped me a lot in that attempt.

For comparison, while ago I looked at Darth Varkor's "SW:KotOR - The Lost Masters Movie" on Youtube and there was this alien with very weird voicing.

IF- I have to do filters similar to that alien; Wow. I don't know, maybe it would take forever I'd supposed 😂

And yes, it was worth it! I learned a lot from doing this attempt which I believe will do me good because doing audio-visual stuffs is my passion.

Thank you for the kind words Mellowtron11 & DarthVarkor- very much appreciated them; some motivation for me also there :cheers:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ebmar said:

As for UnusualCharacter and LiliArch, I am looking forward to hearing your voices in-game! Soon as I get this seems-like-forever KotOR playthrough done 💀

Don’t get ahead of yourself. The casting is still open for those roles. (I may be working on something else though, but that’s outside of the scope of this topic.)

3 hours ago, ebmar said:

For comparison, while ago I looked at Darth Varkor's "SW:KotOR - The Lost Masters Movie" on Youtube and there was this alien with very weird voicing.

IF- I have to do filters similar to that alien; Wow. I don't know, maybe it would take forever I'd supposed 😂

Weird alien? 0_o  I'm not sure who you're referring to, could you give a me timestamp to look for it? If I knew which character you were referring to, I could probably tell you what filters (if any) I used for them, which might be of help.

I've already sent my submission for Revan to Sith Holocron, but for anyone who's interested, here's my attempt.

I recorded various takes for it all in the tone 'my' Revan (from my films) would say. I'm aware my voice is not the most menacing, so I also included a version with the filters applied I use in my projects.

I forwarded to Newbiemodder who I think should be in the parts from the submissions so far.  After he responds, I’ll send him the rest of the files.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DarthVarkor said:

Great stuff man, that impression is near identical to TOR's Revan.

Thanks Varkor, that's what I'm going for! I'm a big fan of Bennett's since the Outcast days, and while he doesn't have the most menacing voice around, I really felt like he nailed Revan's sort of refined, no nonsense kind of attitude that I imagine he had pre-mind wipe.

• Like 1

These are the parts we need submissions for now.

Recording Instructions:

Please record in a quiet space with some sort of sound dampening. If your submission has audible echo, we can't use your line,  If your submission is noticeable background noise, we can't use your line. If you don't have a studio, I recommend recording in either clothes filled closet or in a car. (Yes, a car - there's lots of sound dampening going on in a car.)  Files should be submitted in the following format:

Save all files in 44100 hz stereo WAV format.  (If you want to record and must do it in another format, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.)
Label your file as indicated by the name before the quote. 
Put "Korriban Expansion Audition" in the subject line of the e-mail
Bundle your file/s up as a ZIP/RAR/7z and then PM them to myself and Newbiemodder.

Darth Revan (females only with United Kingdom accent)

uCVudQ5.png

It's only one line but you'd be playing (arguably) the most powerful person in the series.

The line we need read out is "Through power, I gain . . . victory."  Make sure you trail off before you say "victory."  Save the file as "910revan001" in the manner indicated above.

Jett Darklighter (open to anyone that can realistically perform as a 10 year old - yes, that means this role is open to women and men)

K4A02eV.png

Think Anakin Skywalker from Phantom Menace, but a lot "cooler." A boy whose Force abilities are just starting to blossom . Confident but innocent. He has faced some tragedy with the loss of his parents, but it has not discouraged nor diminished his optimism. His parents started him on his journey to be a Jedi, and he is determined to finish it. A likable character.

Jett is from Tatooine. He's a Darklighter. The same family that will give us Biggs Darklighter, Luke Skywalker's boyhood friend and hero (Biggs' x-wing is destroyed by Darth Vader during the attack on the Death Star). From Jett's dialog, it is implied that he was in Anchorhead during the events of Kotor 1, and felt the presence of the K1 player character.

Your audition lines are:

746jett003: Jett Darklighter. Why?
746jett004: Are you a Jedi?
746jett005: I don't know. Just a feeling I have, I guess. It's like something calling out to me.
746jett006: Once, I think. Back home on Tatooine a few years ago, I was with my parents in the port of Anchorhead when I felt someone or something through the crowd.
746jett007: Well, since you asked, I'm faster and quicker than most other kids when we play. I can kind of see things happening before they actually do. Oh, and I have these dreams.

Jolee Bindo

3Niewsa.png

The largest role and - c'mon - you know who Jolee Bindo is.. 'Nuff said about his background.  Here are the audition lines for you:

740jolee001: Well, I wasn't expecting anyone, so if you've come for dinner...you're late.
740jolee002: Hmph! Well, if it's not food you want then what can I do for you?
740jolee004: Ah, what is there to tell? Jolee Bindo is the crazy old man wandering this dangerous world. I'm content with the impression I give.
740jolee017: I can't recall that we've met before, although the memory is not what it once was. Do you know Hartoth or Andor Vex?
740jolee018: Too bad. Ah, the stories I could tell you.

Update: I have also posted a request for these 3 characters over on the KOTOR Subreddit

• Like 1

OK, after discussing the subject with Newbiemodder, he'd like to have our female Revan to have a British accent.  That somewhat limits our field of voice actors a bit but I'm willing to spend a small amount of money through Fiverr to hire a voice actress for this purpose.  (I'll smoke less pack of cigarettes this week, I guess.)

There are caveats.

• I am willing to spend $5 dollars (plus Fiverr's regular fee that isn't shown on performer's page) on this endeavor.
  • Though Newbiemodder will have the final say on who gets chosen, you can point out your favorites using links on this page.
  • The script that the voice actress will be using is The Sith Code.  The Sith Code - including the title - is 53 words long. (This is important when making choices as the voice actresses choose how many words per each 5 dollars - and I'm limiting this to 5 dollars.)
  • In addition to the Fiverr page, if any women here would still like to try out for the Revan part, you'll have to use a UK accent, and post the video and be prepared to send an audio file as referred to in the last post. 
  • We are not looking for North American, French, or any other accents. It's Newbiemodder's choice for the character and let's not hassle him about it.

Thank you for your interest and your continued support.

• Like 1

Received a Jett Darklighter submission and forwarded it to Newbiemodder.  Awaiting reviews.  Will update you all when I receive more information.

7 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Received a Jett Darklighter submission and forwarded it to Newbiemodder.  Awaiting reviews.  Will update you all when I receive more information.

Will you be announcing the remaining VO actors' roles at the end of the week on Thursday or Friday like you planned?