Sith Holocron

Korriban Expansion: Modernizing an Older Mod (WIP)

This isn't for the documentary. This also isn't for (any version of) M4-78. It's something else entirely.

If you might be interested in doing a voice for project that I've provided absolutely no details for . . .

• Please leave a sample of your work without filters or computer-aided pitch changes. Post the sample as a YouTube video. This not only enables me to hear your voice but can let others listen as well. (Those others might even help figure out how your vocal talents can be best utilized. (Yes, even without knowing what project I am working on.)
  • State what sort of parts that you personally feel you would perform your best work as.

Those chosen will receive the lines via PM.

Update on 19 MAY 2018:

A little more information . . .

icqvOYf.png

I don't have to be as secretive about this anymore as I've got the go ahead from Newbiemodder to proceed. The project is to repair any issues with Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion. It will involve repairing bugs, fixing some texturing issues, correcting some spelling/grammar issues, some other issues, and getting the voice actors back from the original version to re-record lines. Some of those voice actors might not return for one reason or another and in those cases, we'll have to recast those parts. That's where you'll come in. THIS THREAD ONLY HAS TO DO WITH THE VOICE FILES. (Now open to discussion of all portions being worked on for the update.) 

Having videos of your parts will enable the team to make determinations on which voices might fit the parts available. Thank you for your interest!

• Like 7

Would this add straight compatibility with TSLRCM and M4-78 without having to manually edit the rim file?

• Like 1

I’m just working on the Voice Actors but perhaps someone else might comment.

• Like 1

Would this add straight compatibility with TSLRCM and M4-78 without having to manually edit the rim file?

Yes, this is a primary motivation for the project.

Here are some small but cool ideas:

In the secret Sith Academy, it'd be cool to see a new placeable which acts like a bullhead on the wall but instead of a creatures head it's Master Uthar's actual head on the wall. 

In a storage room, perhaps add a datapad which states Darth Poxus (The main sith guy) ordered his minions to plunder the Sith tombs and seal them off meaning he is responsible for the fact that you cannot enter the tombs in K2. Also, this can explain how he got Uthar's head. He got it either from Naga Sadow's tomb if he was killed in their or he was killed during the Sith civil war if he survived.

Add an armoury somewhere with some nice items. Don't make it too OP like the Jedi Temple mod what with Lightsabers, every crystal and upgrade in the game and high-level robes but medium level gear that even your non-Jedi party members could use like blasters and heavy armour.

More loot drops. When your character kills an important NPC usually he drops nothing but random loot, why not make it like K1 where important NPCs drop items they are wearing like maybe a Dark Jedi Robe if it's a Dark Jedi for example.

In the original mod, it ends during the Poxus fight with Darth Sion arriving and fighting Poxus. Poxus escapes injured and reactivate his apprentice Darth Horocco which the story continues in trials of Darth Horocco, a total conversion mod where you play as Horocco. Perhaps make it so instead of Sion showing up the Exile kills Poxus and Horocco isn't around anymore as I'd doubt you'd want to make a total conversion just for this. This also means Sion no longer finds the academy meaning you could technically make the Valley floor available to the player as soon as he/she arrives (I'm sure that whole find the Datapad in the academy thing was to make sure Sion knew you where on Korriban and for it to make sense for him to search for you on the Valley floor, if you don't go to the Academy first and start the mod instead it wouldn't make sense as he wouldn't know where to find you. Without Sion searching for you on the Valley floor and finding the lost academy you can remove that datapad meaning the Sith academy wouldn't need to be modded at all).

If Newbie lets you, ask if you can make the Jawa VO a modders resource. This will allow other modders to add Jawas to their K2 mods.

I’m just working on the Voice Actors but perhaps someone else might comment.

Will you be converting the audio to mp3 so Steam users can play the mod

Would love to help if you need more hand on correcting some spelling/grammar issues :beer:

This is a must for this sort of mod. You see dialogue like "Can you help me? (persuade)" instead of "[Persuade] Can you help me?" and that really ticks me off with this mod.

The work that I haven't discussing in this thread is not an expansion of the Expansion.  It's fixing it to work with the other big mods.  Newbiemodder didn't give permission for the plot to be altered, nor was he asked. Ndix UR and Liliarch are working on the fixes.

BTW, is anyone going to post a sample of voice overs?  That's what this thread is primarily about.  Recruiting people for the voice overs. 

On 5/19/2018 at 8:50 PM, N-DReW25 said:

Will you be converting the audio to MP3 so Steam users can play the mod?

I will be converting the WAV voice files to MP3.  Steam Compatibility?  Again - you'll have to talk to ndix UR and Liliarch.  But not here.

The work that I haven't discussing in this thread is not an expansion of the Expansion.  It's fixing it to work with the other big mods.  Newbiemodder didn't give permission for the plot to be altered, nor was he asked. Ndix UR and Liliarch are working on the fixes.

Ahhh, now I understand what this mod is. Sorry for those unneeded ideas. I may bring this up further with the two you mentioned.

I will be converting the WAV voice files to MP3.  Steam Compatibility?  Again - you'll have to talk to ndix UR and Liliarch.  But not here.

If you are converting WAV to MP3 then you're already making it compatible. The mod works fine on Steam except for the VO you are fixing.

Update: I think I may have found a good potential VO actor for the role of Jett Darklighter but I'm awaiting approval before obtaining the actor's services.  More to come.

• Like 1

Update: Looks like the actor I had in mind for Jett Darklighter might be too old for the part.  Jett is supposed to be 10 years according to Newbiemodder and the actor was 14 years old.  The search continues.

In other news: Well . . . this is a submission (I think) that I received for Jolee's lines in the Korriban Expansion refurbishment project.  I've put the original lines in the mod in there first so you have something to compare the submission to.

• Like 2

Yes, really.  He's one of the largest roles in the mod!

If anyone out there thinks they could do a better Jolee impression, I'd love to hear from you.

• Like 1

There was Jolee in the Korriban Expansion mod??? Really?

I am saddened by this.

• Like 3

I am saddened by this.

Well, on a more positive note, I will be adding loading screens like the ones seen in my Replacement Loading Screens for KotOR2: Add-On Pack to the mod.  It's better to have them in the mod rather than you folks having to grab them elsewhere.  I'll be seeking input on where Newbiemodder wants the loading pictures to be taken from once the texturing issues and other things are taken care of.  This more of "a cherry on the top of the sundae" type of deal as there's much more important things to be done before that gets worked on.  (If Newbiemodder doesn't want the loading screens in the mod, I'll just add them to my aforementioned mod in an update.)

Will the refurbished version still reuse the original modules? Not complaining, just curious :P

I am saddened by this.

What you should be sad about is my lack of research on your mod. I never played it before......

On another note, I'm sorry if I offended you. 

Keeping in line with the topic, are ALL of the non alien VOs for this mod being completely redone? Or as you stated in the opening post, will only some VOs be reworked?

Some of the human voiced lines are staying as-is.  Not all of them need work.  For example, any recording made by Zhaboka is staying!

Here's who on the menu . . .

Jett Darklighter

K4A02eV.png

Think Anakin Skywalker from Phantom Menace, but a lot cooler. A boy whose Force abilities are just starting to blossom . Confident but innocent. He has faced some tragedy with the loss of his parents, but it has not discouraged nor diminished his optimism. His parents started him on his journey to be a Jedi, and he is determined to finish it. A likeable character.

Jett is from Tatooine. He's a Darklighter. The same family that will give us Biggs Darklighter, Luke Skywalker's boyhood friend and hero (Biggs' x-wing is destroyed by Darth Vader during the attack on the Death Star). From Jett's dialog, it is implied that he was in Anchorhead during the events of Kotor 1, and felt the presence of the K1 player character.

Jolee Bindo

3Niewsa.png

The largest role. 'Nuff said

Ezer Arden  (This part is now filled)

u2nvPzS.png

A Sith Chiss Apparition.

Darth Fang (This part is now filled)

DGW6h1n.png

A Sith drill instructor training two Sith apprentices. No filter should be added. (I'll handle that myself.)

Sith Cleric 1 and 2 (This part is now filled)

vxeaCR4.png

Basically, they're cultists for the Sith

Slave (This part is now filled)

hIqpGtN.png

Just a poor wretch, tortured by the Sith.

Grunt (picture not representative of character in mod) (This part is now filled)

8Jc8mzC.png

Standard Sith guards. No filter should be added. (I'll handle that myself.)

• Like 1

This site might casting too small a net for the voice actors I'll be needing.  Therefore, I've widened the net by posting requests for Jett auditions on three other sites. 

If you're actually interested in auditioning, you have 1 week before I lock this thread.  No point in looking here if I'll find what I need elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/JH1YifXfwQQ

my audition for Ezer Arden

also Darth Sion "peace is a lie, there is only..." line could use a remake and also he needs one for a female exile playthrough, because in the files there's only a "you will not harm him" voice line for sion not a "you will not harm her" voice line. thankfully i can make that.

here you go:

https://youtu.be/RUusN9vJoCw

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 1:53 AM, mrmann said:

https://youtu.be/JH1YifXfwQQ

my audition for Ezer Arden

also Darth Sion "peace is a lie, there is only..." line could use a remake and also he needs one for a female exile playthrough, because in the files there's only a "you will not harm him" voice line for sion not a "you will not harm her" voice line. thankfully i can make that.

here you go:

https://youtu.be/RUusN9vJoCw

"Peace is a Lie" huh? Already on that.  

It ain't perfect but it's better than what was there.

However, I am confused why would you remake a line that exists in the game?  "Do not harm her. I command it" is already in the game, isn't it? (It's line "702sion027".)  I'll likely requesting they use the lines I made for Leilukin's Darth Sion and Male Exile Mod to replace the other (male focused) ones currently in the mod.

hey ndix UR!  Is there any chance we get both genders recognized in that conversation?

Thinking back on that scene, there's another character that needs split gender lines.  And that issue requires another character to be added to the list.

Who wants to be Darth Revan?

The concept behind the line - if you hadn't figured it out already - is that major Sith characters in a vision are asking you to verbally complete the Sith Code. 

The one line that I'll need for Revan is "Through power, I gain . . ."

No mask filters and no pitch changes!  I need a female version and a male version for this, folks!

Update: Just tweaked Malak's line in the mod.  (Yes, he's part of that vision scene too.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Thinking back on that scene, there's another character that needs split gender lines.  And that issue requires another character to be added to the list.

The concept behind the line - if you hadn't figured it out already - is that major Sith characters in a vision are asking you to verbally complete the Sith Code. 

No mask filters and no pitch changes!  I need a female version and a male version for this, folks!

Update: Just tweaked Malak's line in the mod.  (Yes, he's part of that vision scene too.)

As always, just PM the lines to you?

Yes, you can PM them to me.  Other people, post a video.  A reminder: No filters whatsoever - including no pitch changes.

Update: Just realized that I should I ask Gavaroc Fevinor from Trex's "The Jedi Masters" mod to see if he'd like to do it too.  Seeing as he's voiced Revan before, it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Well seeing as I have experience voicing Revan myself in my films, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this one! SH, I'll PM you that Revan line asap.

• Like 1