Sign in to follow this  
Mellowtron11

Was the Dreshdae Module included with KOTOR2's files?

I was looking through the KOTOR2 files with kotor 2 and even though I only saw the four main Korriban modules (Valley, Academy, Shyrack caves and dark side cave), I'm curious- did the Dreshdae module ever make its way into the KOTOR2 game files during the game's development?

I'm not hoping for much, at least in terms of answers. And even if the module exists, I doubt there would be much in the module.  Korriban seems like it was rushed into the game at the last second to replace the unfinished M4-78. That, and the settlement was basically abandoned during the Sith Civil War on Korriban, according to the wiki.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dreshdae

Almost definitely not. 

Now, if someone were to make a mod... I could definitely see something coming out of this. I always thought Korriban was way too short. The only problem is that you'd need an explanation for getting past the rock barrier, but that could be explained maybe just by putting a door right in front of the rocks. Pretend the rocks where never there in the first place. The door wouldn't be in the right spot, but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

Now, if someone were to make a mod... I could definitely see something coming out of this. I always thought Korriban was way too short. 

Well, there's always this mod if you thought KotOR2's Korriban was too short.

Almost definitely not. 

Now, if someone were to make a mod... I could definitely see something coming out of this. I always thought Korriban was way too short. The only problem is that you'd need an explanation for getting past the rock barrier, but that could be explained maybe just by putting a door right in front of the rocks. Pretend the rocks where never there in the first place. The door wouldn't be in the right spot, but it's better than nothing.

Well, you could always place a dead body with demolition charges in a bag nearby and use those to blow up the rocks in order to make it out to the spaceport.

Or is it possible to have the exile levitate the rocks out of the way? Is there a script command out there to have the rocks lift up and flow out of the way?

Well, you could always place a dead body with demolition charges in a bag nearby and use those to blow up the rocks in order to make it out to the spaceport.

Or is it possible to have the exile levitate the rocks out of the way? Is there a script command out there to have the rocks lift up and flow out of the way?

Now the latter is WAY too much work, but the former could easily be done. Who said it even has to be a demolition charge? Put a door in front of the rocks and just make it instantly take you outside via a script/dialogue command.

Isn't all of this a case of putting the cart before the horse?  What content would you put in these modules?  You probably should work that out before thinking about remaking this location.

• Like 1

Now the latter is WAY too much work, but the former could easily be done. Who said it even has to be a demolition charge? Put a door in front of the rocks and just make it instantly take you outside via a script/dialogue command.

Well you do find those dead scavengers in the academy with thorium charges in their bags.

Isn't all of this a case of putting the cart before the horse?  What content would you put in these modules?  You probably should work that out before thinking about remaking this location.

I know. Doing something like this is a little above me at the moment. I'm just brainstorming and tossing some ideas around. It's interesting to hear what others have to say.

Guest Sam Fisher

I think it could be done, but if you put NPC's in there you've missed the whole point of Obsidians Korriban being an utterly dead world, devoid of anything resembling a functioning society. 

I think it could be done, but if you put NPC's in there you've missed the whole point of Obsidians Korriban being an utterly dead world, devoid of anything resembling a functioning society. 

Very, very valid point. Thank you for pointing that out.

However, I think it would be cool to have the Exile find a damaged droid hiding outside the Academy that witnessed the Sith Civil War unfold on Korriban. That would make for some interesting exposition and it  wouldn't be too difficult to voice over. Of course, a script, story and character(s) would have to be written first.....

I don't think you need living characters or voices.  You could have lotsa corpses though! 

Mika Dorin, the bartender?  Dead. 

Kobayashi (from BOS)? Dead.

Verbal the Droid (from BOS)? Broken.

Dak Vesser, Juhani's friend from the Valley of the Dark Lords? Dead.

. . . and so on.  You couldn't include anyone that could have possibly been killed in the previous game.  Seeing the area after a Sith civil war had broken out could interesting as well.  Perhaps you could make a small quest trying to figure out how each of the characters died.

I don't think you need living characters or voices.  You could have lotsa corpses though! 

Mika Dorin, the bartender?  Dead. 

Kobayashi (from BOS)? Dead.

Verbal the Droid (from BOS)? Broken.

Dak Vesser, Juhani's friend from the Valley of the Dark Lords? Dead.

. . . and so on.  You couldn't include anyone that could have possibly been killed in the previous game.  Seeing the area after a Sith civil war had broken out could interesting as well.  Perhaps you could make a small quest trying to figure out how each of the characters died.

True, but since there's a five year gap between KOTOR 1 and 2, there would probably only be skeletons and droid remains left over by the time the Exile comes to Korriban. However, there are in-game models of skeletons and broken up protocol droids, so we're covered there too. Throw a few datapads or broken terminals nearby with some accounts of what happened after Revan ripped through the academy and left the remaining Sith to duke it out between each other to add to the story.

There was also that little Czerka office and the Drunk side cantina, so perhaps there could be mentions of those places too. There's also a couple NPCs that could be mentioned.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B%27ree

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lurze_Kesh

You know what... my mod manuscript is definitely going to benefit from this discussion. I was awfully struggling with a Korriban portion, but I think I can make it work now...

You know what... my mod manuscript is definitely going to benefit from this discussion. I was awfully struggling with a Korriban portion, but I think I can make it work now...

Are you planning to make a  K2 Korriban mod?