Sign in to follow this  
Frykas

MOD:TSL Tactical Combat Mod

TSL Tactical Combat Mod

<<<TSL Tactical Combat Mod>>>
by Frykas

<<About>>
If you ever felt that after lvl 15 in KotOR 2, your PC and team got all powerful (Fredon's Nadd tomb being the exception) and

pazaak with Atton on (Republic Senat's rules) was more fun than slaying couple more thugs or beasts than this mod is for you.

After playing a lot of Pillars of Eternity, I realized that TSL had nearly the same potential for tactical fights but after less

than half the game you had to be counter productive to have a fight that lasts more than 4 seconds. Honestly most times I didn't

have time to use more than two force buffs because everyone was already dead. Difficulty changes only enemy damage output so it

makes things harder but enemies still drop like flies. This mod aims (and will aim, definitely not finished) to correct that.

<<Changes>>

Files changed are classes.2da, autobalance.2da and k_sp1_force.ncs; autobalance has significantly increased NPC's health, slightly buffed 

saving throws, set NPC's level to be equal to PC. Classes.2da doubled gained health (on lvlup) by PC and team and raised

force point gain (on lvlup) by 50%. !!!Because of game mechanics, increased health points and force poins gain doesnt work 

retroactively, meaning you'll have to start a new game (as even KSE cannot change your vitality poins directly), this will 

probably NOT be "fixed" in future releases. Enemy HP and other changes will apply once you enter new area after installing.

<<Compatibility>>

This mod works with TSLRCM and is being tested and developed to work with it. If you don't have TSLRCM instaled changes might

not be appropriate for your playthrough. This mod should work with any other mod that doesn't change those files: 

Classes.2da, Autobalance.2da, k_sp1_force.ncs

ADITIONAL FILE: dialog.tlk included in this download goes to the main folder and not override. 

It should be comatible with the TSl RCM game but any mod that changes dialog.tlk might not be compatible and will require testing.

My file includes modified force powers descriptions to account for extended duration.

<<Install>>

Drop files to Override (who doesn't like that? :D )

Dialog.tlk goes to main install folder and make sure to back it up lest you have to reinstall main game and mods.

<<Uninstall>>

Well, this is going to be difficult...

(remove Classes.2da, Autobalance.2da and k_sp1_force.ncs from Override folder, replace dialog.tlk with backed up version if you used it)

<<Future changes>>

-A lot more testing and figuring out the perfect balance

-If you have an idea for more changes or would like to help with this leave a comment or PM me.

All the best!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/05/2018
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

Guest Sam Fisher

Excellent idea, game sorely needs it. 

Had some trouble adding this screenshot so here it is. post-42685-0-23706000-1525545742_thumb.png

On 8/16/2018 at 3:21 AM, niBBa said:

If you buff NPC levels to be equal to PC, what's the point in leveling up?

Mostly my idea is that with new levels you get diffrent more powerful force powers and feats and simply more of them so you can combine them in many ways. If fights would also take longer that makes is possible to make this a tactical game when you have to add certain buffs or debuff enemy to make it through. In my opinion KOTOR II has amazing potential for that. Hence the mod.

Edited by Frykas

Just make sure the mod makes it possible to attain 50 lvl and it will have permanent place in my override