Sign in to follow this  
Xuul

May the 4th be with you. (Contest Inside)

Hello Everyone, May the 4th be with you!

That's right. It's Star Wars day, and you know what that means... Sales. Right now on Steam you can pick up the entire Star Wars collection at 72% off.

So if you have been waiting to pull the trigger on that purchase, now would be a good time to do so.

Since I don't want the entire post here to be 3 lines long, lets talk about some other happenings in the community. If you missed the last update, you can check it out HERE. And if you usually skim or skip these posts, you might want to stick around to the end of this one. Just sayin' ;)

Deadlystream 2017 Contest winners

To start off I want to once again congratulate the winners of our 2017 Mod of the Year (Leilukin) and Community Member of the Year (DarthParametric). You both have done amazing work for the community and I don't think we can thank you enough. So once again congratulations from myself and everyone here at Deadlystream.

I know not everyone was happy with how I ran things (myself included) but the winners of the overall awards and the category awards I didn't mention deserve all the praise and accolades we can give them.

Thinking about these winners while this Star Wars Sale was going on gave me an idea. It's an idea I have had for a while but never thought of a good way to implement it... Until now. 

Game Giveaway Contest

I have personally been buying a bunch of random games over the past year or so with the intent of doing a giveaway of some sort. Most of these are Star Wars Titles but I also have several other select popular titles available as well (read this as i'm not giving away just a bunch of shovel-ware). At the end of the month I will be giving away these games to a fair number of people. But to win you need to do something for me first.

To enter the contest all you need to do is write a review of a mod on Deadlystream (It needs to be at least one paragraph, the more detailed the better) and then make a post in this thread linking to the mod.  This way the reviews will be with the actual mod, but I can keep track of who is entering the contest. 

You may submit multiple reviews of mods so long as they are of sufficient detail.

If you would like a bonus entry, you can also provide feedback of the M4-78 A history series Sith Holocron and I worked on. Post your review/ feedback (again at least a paragraph but preferably more) in THIS thread.  Post a link back to the thread here to show you are interested in this contest as well

I'm sure there are other things I missed and I reserve the right to edit this post to clarify any rules and/or exceptions. 

Also, if you don't want to win anything, I still urge you to post reviews, it helps motivate authors and improves the quality of the website. If you wish to abstain from the contest post reviews and then don't link back to this thread.

I hope to see some great posts and hope that everyone across the site benefits from today.

Thank you very much for watching and have an excellent day!

• Like 6

When will the deadline be for this contest then?

At the end of the month I will be giving away these games to a fair number of people.

When will the deadline be for this contest then?

At the end of the month I will be giving away these games to a fair number of people.

(facepalm) I feel silly now....