Sign in to follow this  
CapnCook

Issues modding Bao Dur.

After spending nearly two days reading forum posts and messing around with appearance.2da, p_baodur.utc and multiple .uti files I've made little progress in achieving my goal.
What I've been trying to do is getting Bao Dur to wear http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/271-exile-sith-armors/.

From multple posts on this forum I understood that the only way to get him to wear an armor without editing models so his arm is present (which I really don't care for) is to remove the restriction, and it seems the only way to do so is by changing his subspecies from "Zabrak" to "None" in his .utc(?) but when I save the .utc it doesn't save the subspecies edit.
I've even tried reverse engineering http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/741-bao-dur-wears-jedi-robes/ to see if I could replicate that effect with a different model but I haven't a clue what most things in appearance.2da even mean.
I'm probably doing something wrong, I'm not really experienced in this type of modding.

If anyone could help I thank you in advance, this has me on the verge of pulling my hair out x(

I think I understood that part, I made his row look identical to a regular male row like so: 9f8018ad9f69a2528ad961291a20ce2d.png

https://gyazo.com/9f8018ad9f69a2528ad961291a20ce2d

But I still can't remove the Zabrak sub-species for whatever reason. I save it to the Override folder but when I go there and open p_baodur.utc it shows "Zabrak" as the subspecies once again, even though I clearly saved it to "None".

Are you actually saving the UTC? It's not enough to simply change the drop-down. If you are having trouble with KTool, you could always try K-GFF, changing the value of SubraceIndex from 3 to 0.

If you are using regular bodies, you'll probably want this - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1100-bao-dur-head-model-neck-fix/

Alrighty I've changed the SubraceIndex value to 0 via K-GFF, editted the appearance.2da like above and installed the Bao Dur neck fix, now what do I do x)

The restriction is still showing, would it work perhaps if I forced it on him via KTool?

Changes to utc Files only Take effect if they have not been loaded before, i.e. You Need to Test with a savegame where Bao-Dur is not in your Party yet.

If you extract the SAV with the ERF RIM Editor, you can try editing the UTC in there (and then repack it). A quick look at one of my saves suggests that availnpc1.utc is Bao Dur, but I have no idea if that is static or changes.

Nevermind I figured it out, but the restriction is still there. I double checked to make sure the changes applied and they did. I'll try starting a new game and jumping to said spot before I get bao dur.

• Like 1

It does infact work on a new save, but that doesn't really help me. Hmm would it help if I uploaded my .sav and let you take a look at it? If you're up to it ofc :3

Better question: Is there any possible way to make the effects apply to an existing save? Could I use editting to send me back to the point where I get Bao Dur? Maybe I could delete him entirely and then restore him to reload any updated files.