Sign in to follow this  
CarthOnasty

Known Location of Pazaak Numbers, i.e. positioning in K1

Here's an image for reference:

Q7S24BG.png

Does anyone have an idea where the x/y information is located for the numbers? i.e. Can the position on the card change?

And then are the numbers themselves able to change color?

On a side note, I imagine to just change the font on these would be to change the font globally, but if not, that'd be cool too.

Both the card images and the font are textures. The cards are named lbl_card for K1 and pcards for K2, in the GUI pack of each. There are a lot of files for the fonts and I don't know which one affects pazaak or if it would affect anything else.

As for changing the position of the text on the card... that's an interesting idea, and I have no idea if it's possible. There are .gui files for pazaak but it's anyone's guess how much of that can be changed. The GUI is a bit hit or miss in that regard.

As for changing the position of the text on the card... that's an interesting idea, and I have no idea if it's possible. There are .gui files for pazaak but it's anyone's guess how much of that can be changed. The GUI is a bit hit or miss in that regard.

When editing .gui files, are those also just drop in override and they work? Or does anything else to be done?

Yeah, that works, no catch to it.

Awesome, thanks.

And then if you're interested, I found the info I was looking for. There are 3 .gui files that handle the pazaak layout. In there, x and y coordinates are set (though as top and left) and I can see that it uses the dialog font as well. It'll take some time to dig through the structure (literally everything has an entry), but it's all in here it looks like. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• Like 1

Cool! I'll be interested to see how much of it you can change. I've done some pazaak card designs over the years but I never thought about putting them in the game - I made them to have them printed out. It might be nifty to see them in the actual game.

Cool! I'll be interested to see how much of it you can change. I've done some pazaak card designs over the years but I never thought about putting them in the game - I made them to have them printed out. It might be nifty to see them in the actual game.

It seems like damn near everything can be changed. The only thing iffy it looks like is the size of the numbers, but from what I can tell, that's tied into the font being used. If one wanted a larger font, it'd have to be created.

If you want me to take a stab at throwing your design ideas in or if you'd like me to send you what assets/data I've figured out, just holler.

I just might. I'll have to take another look at the designs first, though. The last time I worked on them, they ended up being a totally different design, so I'd want to make some changes to bring it closer to the game appearance again.