A Future Pilot

K1 Community Patch

82 posts in this topic

On another note, would this mod be worth adding to the  community patch? After all, it does fix a skill inconsistency with the Jedi Classes. You'd have to get darthbdaman's permission of course. 

He has my permission for everything already. I do lean towards that mod being a fix, but idk how other people feel about it

I have been concerned about A Future Pilot for some time now. We haven't heard from them since there were complications with their newborn.

I don't do the prayer thing, but if any of you is in contact with AFP, please let us know that they are alright.

• Light Side Points 4

7 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

I have been concerned about A Future Pilot for some time now. We haven't heard from them since there were complications with their newborn.

I don't do the prayer thing, but if any of you is in contact with AFP, please let us know that they are alright.

Thank you for the concern!

I'm doing alright, things have just been really crazy. My baby girl has some serious brain damage and we've been in and out of the hospital a lot recently (Although it looks like we're home for a good stretch now). I also just got a full-time job and I'm still finishing up a web project that I started a long time ago. So all things considered, I have pretty much no time for anything right now.

Hopefully it'll only be another couple weeks before things will settle down and I can take up modding again though...I miss it! :)

For those of you who are the praying type, our little girl's name is Fiona, and we're standing in faith for healing, if you'd be so kind as to pray with us for that :) Also my wife is at home taking care of her all day, so that can get pretty tough sometimes, and she'd definitely appreciate your prayers as well.

Thank you all!

• Light Side Points 14

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop by and give everyone an update on the Community Patches.

Although I've started to have a little bit more of a normal schedule these days, I'm still really busy and as much as I'd like to work on modding KOTOR, it always seems to slip further and further down my TODO list. However, there's still lots to do on the patches, and I don't want them to stagnate, so towards that end I'm giving @JCarter426 and @DarthParametric permission to update both of the community patches. They are both veteran modders who understand the spirit of the patches, and will take good care of it I'm sure!

This doesn't mean I'm done working on them, just that I'm bringing in other people to the project for its own good :) I'll still work on it whenever I get the chance for sure!

Thanks again for all your well wishes and support!!

• Like 8
  • Light Side Points 1

Hiya peoples! I'm looking for input!

First off, JC and DarthParametric have been hard at work knocking stuff off the to-do list, and a new release shouldn't be too far out now. They've been awesome, and this patch wouldn't be the same without them!

Secondly, as things have been worked on over the last little bit, we've decided that future releases of the K1CP (and K2CP if the need arises) will have tiers. In the TSLPatcher, you'll have three options to select from, with each higher tier including the changes of the lower tier.

Right now, the basic idea for the tiers is like so:

Tier 1: Pure bug fixes that don't have any visual change
Tier 2: Bug fixes and some enhancements that will change some visual things
Tier 3: Enhancements that are somewhat subjective

As I said, if you select Tier 2, you'll get Tier 1 and Tier 2 installed, and if you select Tier 3, you'll get all 3.

Right now we're trying to nail down the exact definition of each tier. For instance, should making the miners on Tatooine wear Czerka outfits be in Tier 1 or Tier 2? (It's a clear bugfix, but it's a visual change). Is any ported content OK in Tier 2, or should that only go in Tier 3? That's where y'all come in! What are your thoughts on what the exact definition of each tier should be?

Let me know what you're thinking!

Thanks!

• Light Side Points 1

I feel like Tier 1 should consist of repairing technical, scripting, or graphical issues. Things that actually affect gameplay. Tier 2 should consist of visual changes that correct lore or fix bugged appearances that cause texture issues or NPC and items having the wrong appearances. Tier 3 should consist of items that make the same edits of Tier 1 and 2, but do not necessarily fall under the category of bugged or lore breaking changes. Like the VFX remover for attacks.