A Future Pilot

K1 Community Patch

That's correct. Quite a few of the changes made to the PC version seem a little questionable - changing Xor, Bolook, the guards in Davik's estate, and this guy too.

15 hours ago, KnifeMaster said:

That's correct. Quite a few of the changes made to the PC version seem a little questionable - changing Xor, Bolook, the guards in Davik's estate, and this guy too.

On the Xbox version, the "Attack of the Clones" syndrome was far worse than it is on PC. Did you know every Outcast in the Undercity either had like Rukil's head, Shaleena's Asian head or the generic Asian male head on the Xbox version? I bet they sought to fix up Davik's estate guards as they where all Yellow Rodians in the Xbox version but they forgot to fix up the Soundsets. I wouldn't call the PC changes questionable but they were sloppy and kinda rushed considering all they thought about was the diversity of NPCs so you don't just see green twileks and the same commoner every module but they forgot about the dialogue that supports their original appearances.

• Like 2

Ya I agree with N-Drew. I prefer the greater diversity even if it makes a little less sense. They went as far as making a unique head for Xor, and I really don't want to see that stuff all removed.

• Like 1

Well then I assume you don't use K1CP, since the Xor change was already added in a previous version. We have no intention of changing that going forwards. Anyone that doesn't like it is free to make a reversion patch.

Ya I changed it back for myself before. I just think in general, reverting the faces shouldn't be the solution. If possible the dialogue or skin should be changed, though obviously thats much harder

Changing Xor back is simple enough. Just remove the associated files from the mod or edit the ones in the mod back to the vanilla appearance.

19 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The goal is to stick closely to developer intent. Clearly the original intent was that he be human.

I would strongly disagree with that. Did they accidentally draw and implement a new face for him? You can absolutely say that changing him makes more sense (it definitely does), but the developers clearly intended for him to be a purple twi-lek at the end of development

12 hours ago, darthbdaman said:

I would strongly disagree with that. Did they accidentally draw and implement a new face for him? You can absolutely say that changing him makes more sense (it definitely does), but the developers clearly intended for him to be a purple twi-lek at the end of development

Kotor was released first for Xbox months before the PC version, and Xor is human in the Xbox version. The devs most likely intended him to be human. Did they goof up on the PC version? Probably. It's difficult to see him as anything but human given his nature. (Though I favor what fits in game over what devs intended, because sometimes you never know what they intended.)

I do agree with this, but its hard to say someone "goofed" when the version that was released later includes a new texture, specifically for this character. That is a hell of an accident. I think changing him because it doesn't make sense is reasonable, but sticking to developer intention is a really poor justification for this change.

Has anyone considered asking the developers on Twitter why the species change of Xor was made? I don't care if a change is made in the mod one way or the other but it does seems like an interesting question. Seeing as a few of you are motivated to make a change, having that definitive answer could possibly bolster (or hinder) your arguments. 

We already know why. The same reason they made a bunch of other head swaps for the PC version. To try and increase the diversity a bit.

Anyway, this is not a subject open to debate for K1CP,  so kindly take any further discussion of the matter to a different thread.

Here are a couple more small issues on Taris. First, there is an odd facing choice during Largo's conversation in the North Apartments. As you can see from the screenshot, Largo very briefly and unnaturally turns to Carth as he lectures the PC for being too generous:

Spoiler

largo.thumb.png.afe823bf5d6196bbe47d69b21a57fbb7.png

The next one involves Matrik's "death" in the Lower City Apartments (don't worry, this isn't about #249 on GitHub). Matrik kneels down to set the detonators only for them to magically appear a couple meters in front of him:

Spoiler

matrik.thumb.png.3bf5450b654cd826487d682b3248f47d.png

Oh, and I should probably ask now... Do you mind if others report things on GitHub or would you rather do that yourself, more or less?

• Like 1

I would actually prefer you report issues directly on Github if you are willing to do so. That's exactly what the issue tracker is for. If you want to repost all these over there, that makes my life easier.

Apologies for the double post, but I've come across a very small issue with Zimmaster's walking animation fix (I think). While it does greatly improve the look of the PC's walking animation, it causes other party members to exhibit the bizarre "waddle" walk during in-game cutscenes. Maybe it's caused by something else, but I doubt it. This particular problem seemed rather insignificant so I decided against reporting it on GutHub.

I apologize in advance if this has already come up (my mind is fried these days), but would the Community Patch also overhaul/correct the Sith uniform quest on Taris? From a logical and lore standpoint it makes no sense that only one uniform is obtained/taken away when Carth is likely to be at their side when they infiltrate the Lower City. I know some people have modified this before, but I wasn't sure if there were plans to incorporate it into the Community Patch as well.

Huh. Look at that. Thanks DP! Does it incorporate additional armor drops as well or am I using KSE for that?

This is more of a suggestion than a bug report, so I decided against creating an issue GitHub. Some of Zhar's dialogue during the Dantooine training is extremely repetitive. You're forced to have the same conversation twice before being tested on the Jedi code. IMO, the dialogue would be a lot less robotic if a few lines after "I am ready to continue my training." were removed, so that the conversation immediately before being tested on the code went a little something like:

"Greetings, my young pupil. Your progress has been most remarkable so far. Are you here to continue your training in the ways of the Jedi?"

"I am ready to continue my training."

"First, I will test your knowledge of the Jedi code. These tenets..."

But obviously it's up to @A Future Pilot and yourself.

Yeah I'm aware of it. It irks me every time I go through the training sequence. It's not something we'll bother with for 1.8, but you should add an issue for it and maybe we'll deal with it in 1.9. I've never looked at it in sufficient detail to know offhand if it could be alleviated with a simple starting conditional and an added node or two, or whether the whole DLG would need to be rebuilt (which is a serious pain in the ass).

Hmmm, will the update be released around Christmas or should one expect it next year?

I get that its ultimately "done when its done" but just curious how close it seems to be to completion.

Good luck.