A Future Pilot

K1 Community Patch

Oh, so that guy was supposed to be blue. That's one item off my list of testing notes then.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:15 PM, djh269 said:

Due to the extensive changes in this mod, can it be used alongside K1R or is it an either or situation?

Some people use it. Problem is none of us do, and haven't tested at all. There are some minor reported issues, but nothing game-breaking, I think, at least with v1.7.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, djh269 said:

Korriban Sith Torturer loot change: 
- He originally drops a green crystal, which made no sense, so I have changed this to red. 

Jedi Masters loot change: 
- The jedi corpse in the last module on Tatooine originally has a Jedi Master Robe and a Blaster Rifle, I've changed the Blaster Rifle to a Blue Lightsaber. 

Manaan Republic Representative reward change: 
- In the vanilla reward script after you complete the main quest on Manaan you are provided with 500 credits, Cardio Power System and the line: g_w_sonicrfl003, which isn't an item template in the game. So I've changed it to the Arkanian Sonic Rifle's UTI (g_w_sonicrfl03).

I think all three of these would fit in the K1CP. Thanks for the suggestions!

5 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

There are some minor reported issues, but nothing game-breaking, I think, at least with v1.7.

There will be issues because K1R dumps some stuff in the Override that is module injected in v1.8. It will require a compatibility patch presumably.

Regarding the change to Uthar and Yuthura's outfits... will that be an optional change? I intend to use a mod that changes the NPCs to wear Sith robes so...

1 minute ago, JDub96 said:

Regarding the change to Uthar and Yuthura's outfits... will that be an optional change? I intend to use a mod that changes the NPCs to wear Sith robes so...

Any mods that you would like to override the K1CP just need to be installed after it. Anything put into the override folder will take precedence over the K1CP changes in the various .mod files in the modules folder.

Don't know if this would be considered a fix, but figured I'd ask here anyway if you folks would like this mod included in the KCP. 

Hello - I figured I'd report a couple of issues that you all might have missed. Originally I was going to post these on guthub, but most of the issues there seem to be related to scripting or models o.O

- After completing the Taris swoop race, the messenger that tells you to meet Canderous shares the same appearance as Larrim... who is standing just a few meters away. Oddly enough, the messenger's UTC is "tar02_rodianmsg". Perhaps his voice and appearance should be changed?

- I noticed that you're using the majority of N-drew25's fixes, but not his Senni Vek restoration. There may very well be a reason for this, but I thought I'd mention it here.

Edited by KnifeMaster

2 hours ago, KnifeMaster said:

most of the issues there seem to be related to scripting or models

That's because probably at least 75% of issues ultimately boil down to a scripting problem or using a scripting resolution.

Perhaps his voice and appearance should be changed?

We'll consider it. We have made other similar changes in the past based on differences in a UTC. Added as issue #284.

I noticed that you're using the majority of N-drew25's fixes, but not his Senni Vek restoration

K1CP is not a restoration mod. It's focus is on fixing bugs and other issues. Unlike TSL, K1 doesn't really need any restoration. Its cut content were almost all due to design decisions, not lack of time or money as was the problem in Obsidian's case. We prefer not to go against developer intent unless there is a good reason.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

K1CP is not a restoration mod. It's focus is on fixing bugs and other issues. Unlike TSL, K1 doesn't really need any restoration. Its cut content were almost all due to design decisions, not lack of time or money as was the problem in Obsidian's case. We prefer not to go against developer intent unless there is a good reason.

While my mod may very well be a restoration I would like to point a few things which leads me to believe my Senni Vek mod does fit in with "developer intent". In the GenoHaradan fight on Tatooine are three unique utc files including "n_duros001.utc" which is Hulas the rodian (His soundset is also Duro instead of rodian, that alone can be a fix which can swing both ways), "tat_bounty.utc" which is the named human guy with Poison Blades and Durasteel armor and the third utc is "tat_senni.utc" which is a generic rodian guy with a Twilek male soundset. Obviously, this rodian was intended to be Senni Vek, the guy who gave you the GenoHaradan datapad in the first place, hence is why I made the mod (Other than changing tat_senni.utc into a green twilek with an Echani Combat suit to match the vanilla Senni Vek it doesn't modify anything else)

(Btw, no evidence exists of the Twilek "Vek" on Manaan with the Sith Uniform being "Senni Vek". Ignoring his cut fight on Tatooine, Senni was going to appear in TSL as a Pazaak Den player so that means, at the very least, Obsidian at the time didn't think "Vek" and "Senni Vek" where the same.)

• Like 1

Yes, we have previously discussed the Hulas issue. @ebmar was quite keen to pursue it, but we eventually rejected it in a 2-1 vote. The soundset issue was fixed and is part of v1.8.

If you think the Senni Vek case warrants inclusion, and you are offering up your config for it, then you are certainly welcome to raise an issue for it on the repo.

Personally I agree with N-drew, but I understand why you'd want to avoid anything that could be considered a restoration, as that could open up a huge can of worms. On the bright side, I suppose the Hulas/Senni fixes could always be installed on top of the Community Patch 😄 Maybe a good middle ground would be to list them on some sort of "other recommended mods" page for the Community Patch?

I was looking through the changelog and saw that you had fixed "... an NPC in the Leviathan bridge cutscenes that had some deformation issues". I'm assuming this refers to the sitting female officer whose head was all mangled?

Is the Community Patch going to change Xor to a human? Because at some point his status as a Twi'lek was deemed canon.

It already does so as of an earlier version. Having him be anything besides human doesn't fit the dialogue. And all of KOTOR was de-canonised after the Disney buyout, so what Wookipedia or whatever says is irrelevant.

Not trying to argue, just given my evidence. It was the Campaign Guide I believe that established Xor as Twi'lek. That said, wouldn't the dialogue fit since Xor himself was a Mandalorian as well? Superiority complex as it were.

"You Jedi act all prim and proper, but inside you must feel the same way I do about the lesser, non-human species. The Sith at least let their feelings show on the outside."

Doesn't make sense that a non-human would be calling himself a lesser species.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 8:32 PM, DarthParametric said:

"You Jedi act all prim and proper, but inside you must feel the same way I do about the lesser, non-human species. The Sith at least let their feelings show on the outside."

Doesn't make sense that a non-human would be calling himself a lesser species.

Or he makes a distinction between non-human species like himself and other, lesser non-human species.

But that's semantics and I think you're probably right.

So far, I've only come across one small bug that I don't think anyone else has mentioned. It is extremely minor, but I figured I'd bring it up...

The human bounty hunter (tar02_bountyh022) who tries to extract Davik's payment from the old man in Taris' Upper City South has mismatched head/hands. Could have something to do with the fact that this bounty hunter used the "Smuggler_01" appearance on the original Xbox version, rather than "Smuggler_02".

tar_bounty.png

• Like 1

Ah, good catch. There are four Smuggler texture variants. 01 (pictured) and 02 are Caucasian, 03 and 04 and Black. He has a Combat Suit equipped, which is texture variant 01, hence why he looks like that. We could swap out the equipped armour slot item, but we don't want to alter his stats. The Combat Suit is a flat defense bonus of 4, which is why it used for low level mooks. We'd want to keep it at that.

Keeping the combat suit is a necessity for sure. Imo, it makes sense just swapping his appearance to "Smuggler_01", since Zelka's assistant and the Sith thug outside the player's hideout both use the black commoner male head.

Spoiler

edited_bh.thumb.png.c9d27302b7e40da41206a94be52ace6c.png

I understand that the goal of the community patch isn't to improve NPC variety, but this seems like a good change to me.